Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JESS - No rush with Dr. Zaius. BTW, I have your gorilla boots ready. I'll wrap them up tonight.

Attached are a couple photos of the spaceship in progress. The 3rd photo is of the wall and roof tiles.

Snick, seeing that come together is exciting. That's the stuff I like to do, too, making props and stuff...Wish I had more time.

Re: Dr. Z's shirt--Is it for his Minister of Science outfit or for the Armageddon outfit? Just let me know the length of the front of the shirt you want, from the neck to the bottom hem. My Dr. Z is now in da house!!

Jess.

Last edited:
Vince... Glad to hear your Brent is on the way. I don't recall seeing you here before, Welcome!

Jess... Zira's outfit is amazing! I don't think any manufacturer would be able to top it. The attention to detail really makes it shine. You can see all the love you put into it.

Perfection!

Jungle, you made my day!!! Woo hoo! :banana :banana :banana

Yes, I have a lot of love for the Apes, and I worked on the outfit as it were my outfit to keep. Besides, Angel would expect no less. Should I remove the top stitching in the lining? Is that overkill?

Last edited:
Vince... Glad to hear your Brent is on the way. I don't recall seeing you here before, Welcome!

If you mean on the forum, I'm allready here for 3 years :D
But I don't always post much.

If you mean in this topic.
Correct, I never posted in this topic yet.
But great topic !
I love the Apes line. ! :monkey1:monkey5:monkey3:monkey3:monkey4

I got lucky in the past too with the Wait List.
Got an Exclusive Mutant Jailor, the one with the black face.

Great figure !

So you mean to tell me that your Wait Listing for the Slave Brent was JUST NOW converted? :google

Boy, you are a patient man. I would have gone to Ebay to get him by now. :rolleyes:

Congratulations... and welcome to THE THREAD THAT WON'T DIE!!! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Not if if I have anything to say on the matter. :D

Congrats on that Jailor as well, Vince... he is really hard to come by now. At some point I'd like to get a second one. Ever since I've had mine signed by the actor Don Pedro Colley, my only one is "jailed" up in the box. :D

JESS - No rush with Dr. Zaius. BTW, I have your gorilla boots ready. I'll wrap them up tonight.

Attached are a couple photos of the spaceship in progress. The 3rd photo is of the wall and roof tiles.

You mean the offer for your Dr. Zaius sculpt hasn't gone bye bye yet?

Jess

So you mean to tell me that your Wait Listing for the Slave Brent was JUST NOW converted?

Boy, you are a patient man. I would have gone to Ebay to get him by now. :rolleyes:

Congratulations... and welcome to THE THREAD THAT WON'T DIE!!! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Not if if I have anything to say on the matter. :D

Thanks.

I only enrolled for the waiting list a few months ago ... did'nt want the figure that bad to turn to Ebay yet.
I have some other priority figures that I want first, but I sure didn't turn down on the waitlist chance !

I didn't think that Sideshow had any more Ape figures left in the warehouse.

Enjoy the figure!

And if you are interested, there is another Brent sculpt that's going to be available soon from a member of this thread if the Franciscus likeness isn't to your, er, liking. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Correction, Vince: "AVAILABLE NOW"

Thanks, Jess. Could you post some pictures of him when you get a chance. The more pics I see will help me decided whether I'll order him or not. :D

Did you get him painted or unpainted?

Snick... The Icarus will be breathtaking. I can't wait to see more shots as you make some more progress. This may be the only project that has a chance of topping Angel's wagon in size and scope.

JOM - Thx for the encouragement. I appreciate it. The ship will have lights and a starfield etc.

JESS - The Zaius suit is for the Minister of Science costume. I'll measure it tonight.

I believe, Snick that THAT Zaius is the very ape on display at the Sci-Fi Museum in Seattle. :D

Maybe by the time you get them there would be enough time lapsed so Angel won't remember the effort it took...:monkey3

I keep thinking about Snick's Dr. Zaius myself....:monkey2

Jess.

PZ - In the distant future, if I ever make another ape wagon, you better pray that I forget all about the "labor pains" of birthing this project...:horror

Jess - What are you thinking about Snick's Dr. Zaius for? :confused:

Snick - How did you make the Zaius boots? The only way I think it can be done is by cutting the feet off of the figure. When the boots are put on one would never know...

Is that how you did it?

Oh - by the way, I saw that material at Wal-Mart that you're using in the Icarus. I think it would look best if you turned the pattern in one direction. (Your picture indicates otherwise.) Why did you cut it into 9 smaller squares? I saw it on a BIG roll. You shouldn't even have to cut it into squares. I think it might look better "seamless."

Back