Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She sure is stunning PZ! What's left Jessica, frogs and a hood?

Frogs and re-do lining. I think I know what it will take to re-do. Wish I didn't have to take apart more of the jacket--so much easier to use purchased fabric. Every time I need fabric, I have to take the Goodwill jacket apart. No worries, Angel, I am making this as if it were mine to keep.

Her hood is done. I used the lining inside the hood from one of my kid's old vests because it was a nice maroon.

You guys should have seen the look on my husband's face when he and guests stepped outside the front door and found me crouched down taking photos. It was a look of classic shock--like he was saying, "You would actually do this in PUBLIC?!?!?" Whatever.

Jess.

Snick - How did you make the Zaius boots? The only way I think it can be done is by cutting the feet off of the figure. When the boots are put on one would never know...

Is that how you did it?

Oh - by the way, I saw that material at Wal-Mart that you're using in the Icarus. I think it would look best if you turned the pattern in one direction. (Your picture indicates otherwise.) Why did you cut it into 9 smaller squares? I saw it on a BIG roll. You shouldn't even have to cut it into squares. I think it might look better "seamless."

Angel--I saw that and I was thinking the same thing, that seamless would look better...but I didn't know which direction Snick was taking it so I didn't say anything. Good eye..

Angel I didn't draft the e-mail. I thought you were serious. I will think about it today and e-mail you, ok?

PZ - In the distant future, if I ever make another ape wagon, you better pray that I forget all about the "labor pains" of birthing this project...:horror

Jess - What are you thinking about Snick's Dr. Zaius for? :confused:

He had a photo of a Dr. Zaius sculpt available, but he likened it to your wagon--once in place, the offer is gone. That's what I was thinking of...:banghead

Frogs and re-do lining. I think I know what it will take to re-do. Wish I didn't have to take apart more of the jacket--so much easier to use purchased fabric. Every time I need fabric, I have to take the Goodwill jacket apart. No worries, Angel, I am making this as if it were mine to keep.

Her hood is done. I used the lining inside the hood from one of my kid's old vests because it was a nice maroon.

You guys should have seen the look on my husband's face when he and guests stepped outside the front door and found me crouched down taking photos. It was a look of classic shock--like he was saying, "You would actually do this in PUBLIC?!?!?" Whatever.

Jess.

Perhaps (in time) your husband will get used to our childish hobby! My wife, has accepted it. My teenagers would be really embarressed if I were photgraphing near there friends. With you SSF as my "support group", I even tell co-workers now about my creations. I know they certainly don't get it, that's why I love you guys! Thanks for the support in what I love doing! :banana:banana:banana

Angel--I saw that and I was thinking the same thing, that seamless would look better...but I didn't know which direction Snick was taking it so I didn't say anything. Good eye..

The material I have came in round circles. I didn't see anything in rolls that looked as good as the circles. I'll take another look. This bothered me too.

ANG/JESS - I haven't glued Zaius' head yet. ANG, do you have a copy of my Zaius head?

ANG - The boots will be resin. Jess will have to cut the legs off of the figure.

Last edited:
Jungle, you made my day!!! Woo hoo! :banana :banana :banana

Yes, I have a lot of love for the Apes, and I worked on the outfit as it were my outfit to keep. Besides, Angel would expect no less. Should I remove the top stitching in the lining? Is that overkill?

It's not for you?!?!?! I am so jealous of angel. That is the best custom outfit I have ever seen. The detail, the fit, the colors... it truly IS AWESOME!

Thank you, Hasslein! You have made my day, too!

Angel, I have a plan for the frogs!! I am going to remove the lining, recut a new facing which I will sew right side to right side of the swing jacket side and top edges, and then turn inside out. I will place the end of the frogs within the two pieces of burgundy fabric, so that the edge will be very clean...and then I will place the pink lining underneath the burgundy material. The jacket will be shut with a hook and eye closure.

Jess.

The material I have came in round circles. I didn't see anything in rolls that looked as good as the circles. I'll take another look. This bothered me too.

ANG/JESS - I haven't glued Zaius' head yet. ANG, do you have a copy of my Zaius head?

ANG - The boots will be resin. Jess will have to cut the legs off of the figure.

Snick - My Wal-Mart had rolls of that stuff near the clear contact paper and kitchen utensils. It also came in various colors including white and off-white.
You may want to check it out again.

Regarding the cutting of off the feet, I figured that's what was happening. Nothing else made sense.

Thank you, Hasslein! You have made my day, too!

Angel, I have a plan for the frogs!! I am going to remove the lining, recut a new facing which I will sew right side to right side of the swing jacket side and top edges, and then turn inside out. I will place the end of the frogs within the two pieces of burgundy fabric, so that the edge will be very clean...and then I will place the pink lining underneath the burgundy material. The jacket will be shut with a hook and eye closure.

Jess.

Jess - Thanks for working so hard on this project. This has got to be wearing on you. Take a breather girl.

Angel,

I forgot to tell you that I think I found some fabric for Cornelius's suit. I will have to see it wrapped around his leg though to decide if the print is appropriate or not, and I will post a photo tomorrow as well.

Jess.

Cool Beans Jessica! Let's see the fabric you found for Cornelius's suit.:banana:banana:banana

Here at last is a photo of the fabric I found for Cornelius's suit. Let me know what you think...do you think the pattern works with the scale?

escape153.jpg

Jess - Thanks for working so hard on this project. This has got to be wearing on you. Take a breather girl.

Angel, I received your WONDERFUL package today--it was like Christmas in April. Jungle is right--you have done more than your fare share of trading. Here is a photo of just one of the extra items that you have surprised me with--I LOVE IMMENSELY because of the posing capabilities. Guys, take a note--you need to order Angel's chairs if you haven't already...

escape197.jpg

What do you think of Dr. Z's future outfit that I will re-do for both the Armageddon and the Minister of Science? Which fabric do you prefer--the more orange one on the side of the flowers--or the other fabric, which almost matches his boots/glyphs? I am leaning towards the one that matches his boots/glyphs because that's how it was in the movies, but I second-guess myself because I am not so great with colors.

escape195.jpg

Back