Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for inundating you guys with my photos--I am just so excited, Angel. I love every single item you gave me--there are too many to name. You have really really been so generous. I am not going to work on the outfit tonight (have homework and I have to oversee piano practice for two of my boys so that will take forever and I don't want to rush to the finish and mess up--your outfit is almost done!)

escape187.jpg

Sorry for inundating you guys with my photos--I am just so excited, Angel. I love every single item you gave me--there are too many to name. You have really really been so generous. I am not going to work on the outfit tonight (have homework and I have to oversee piano practice for two of my boys so that will take forever and I don't want to rush to the finish and mess up--your outfit is almost done!)

escape187.jpg

Jess... I think you are becoming quite the photographer!

I should have some things coming in this week. The four Gorilla sculpts from Angel, my Zaius Armageddon tunic with Glyphs being spruced up by Matt, and My Brent sculpt from Snickertown. Am I forgetting anything else? I forget with so much going on. Hey Mark, were the heads sent out today?:D

You guys are rocking out your projects.

Here is a Star Wars picture I snapped while I was in Ape City today.

Dr. Z was a little late for the shoot this morning but after he explained why, I was able to forgive him. :D

StickmansStarWars2.jpg

Sticks... The ape dwellings really work with the Star Wars Stormtroopers. They look like they are looking for some droids on the streets of Mos Isely.

Sticks, I just love Ape City. How do you do the captions? That is ubercool...I want to learn how to do that...

Jungle, I hope that I have some spectacular photos for PZ to take to the SDCC. This Escape outfit HAS to be perfect...

Jess.

Here at last is a photo of the fabric I found for Cornelius's suit. Let me know what you think...do you think the pattern works with the scale?

escape153.jpg

Yes! Yes! Yes! I think that pattern for the suit material is absolutley perfect. What do you think of it? The only flaw, I think, is that it's brownish in color and I beileve his suit tends to be more grayish.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I think that pattern for the suit material is absolutley perfect. What do you think of it? The only flaw, I think, is that it's brownish in color and I beileve his suit tends to be more grayish.

Yes, I know...I just haven't found the perfect color, but at least the pattern is small enough for suiting, don't you think? It's ALMOST there. I am thinking it will have to do for now until I come across a grey one. I think once the suit is made, it will be ok. Cornelius has to at least match Zira somehow. I bought four big quarter flats (whatever that means) from the quilting section of the fabric store. Have you checked out that section for the suiting material? I will be sending you two, because I know you've been looking forever, enough to make one mens suit for Cornelius. (Denise will probably be able to whip one out for you).

Another sleepless night! I am paying for it today...I just have way too many ape projects that I want to do...and never any time...

Jess.

Thanks a lot there Jom, and Jessica. Good to hear from you again Jom.

Jessica, I find this auction and thought of you. It's for a "Resin Mego Scale Custom Ape Warrior Head Painted."
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...et&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=its=S%2BI%2BSS

His helmet would match that yellow uniform you created.

Sticks,

Every time I see that horrible outfit I made I get depressed...which is why it was so nice to work on Zira's costume for a change...I am going to take apart that Mego outfit and try to sew something else instead of the yellow. I bought some ribbon in that color, hopefully, and it will look better. Perhaps I won't be so sad after I finish it because it won't look so hideous.

Angel, the next time you see Zira's lining of her swing jacket (I will try to post some pics by 7PM PST tomorrow), you will be so impressed. In fact, I am impressed myself. I am glad I cut another facing and did what I did. I skipped sewing in the frogs because I want to make sure they are aligned perfectly. I am still chewing on ideas on how to make the frogs look the way they are supposed to look...When you finally get the outfit in hand you will think, wow, do I really own this? At least, that's what I would hope you would say...

I was watching the tv series, the one called The Gladiators, and there was a crude oxcart that they had. It looked pretty crude and looked like it would be fun to make. Not as fancy as Angel's wagons, but still would be a nice addition. Have any of you guys seen that? Angel, do you want to add that to your list?

Jess.

Last edited:
Here are some pix of the Brent figure with his new head. They are blurry but you get the idea. The heads are $25.

JOM - The chair for the Icarus is made out of resin. I have it molded so if you would like one all you need to do is send me some resin and I'd be happy to cast it.

ANG/JESS - Thx for your honesty regarding the roofing tiles. Yesterday I discovered that K-Mart sells a product called "Anchor-it" which is perfect. It's in the rug section. It's the exact same as what I was using but it comes in long sheets. The roofing tile fix will be made tonight.

Last edited:
Sticks,

I am still chewing on ideas on how to make the frogs look the way they are supposed to look...When you finally get the outfit in hand you will think, wow, do I really own this? At least, that's what I would hope you would say...

I was watching the tv series, the one called The Gladiators, and there was a crude oxcart that they had. It looked pretty crude and looked like it would be fun to make. Not as fancy as Angel's wagons, but still would be a nice addition. Have any of you guys seen that? Angel, do you want to add that to your list?

Jess.

Jess - I'm already very very impressed with all you've made. You say it'll soon be even better? That's hard to imagine! As so many of the guys have already indicated, you have certainly hit another project of yours out of the park for yet another home run!

I have no plans to make this other wagon you speak of. I certainly could do it, and probably could cast the same wheels that are on my ape wagon. I'm really wanting to move onto some other different projects and don't expect to do this one. Like you, I need to thin out my project list and get more done.

Time to get back to class.... talk 2 ya later. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Cornelius has to at least match Zira somehow. I bought four big quarter flats (whatever that means) from the quilting section of the fabric store. Have you checked out that section for the suiting material? I will be sending you two, because I know you've been looking forever, enough to make one mens suit for Cornelius. (Denise will probably be able to whip one out for you).

I only looked in a couple of stores but wasn't impressed with the material I saw for the suit of Cornelius. I wonder what might occuer if that material of yours got a quick dunk in grey fabric dye?

I'm going to keep looking to see what I can find for this material. I'll keep you posted. I plan on looking around alot this coming Saturday for it.

Back