Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snick, I wish I could see a closeup of your Brent after he was painted. He looks fantastic from what I could see.

That's also very generous of you regarding the chair.

Angel, after I fixed the lining of her jacket, it really looks like real clothing--not doll clothing. The maroon on top of the lining adds that perfect touch. It's the difference between home made and store-bought. I might sew some kind of bias tape along the bottom edge inside of the jacket just to neaten things up a bit. The only thing left to do now are the frogs, the hook and eye closure, and the lining of the skirt. Can't believe it's almost done...then I've got some other Mego sewing projects to do that won't be this fun. Maybe I will make another Escape outfit for me, but it depends on how much blouse fabric I have left, seeing that I have 2 loose Ziras now.

Regarding the grey dye--won't that make the fabric darker? Let me know how that goes. I will send you the fabric with her outfit, and you can experiment for me.

I can't wait for the day to end so I can take photos. I hope it's not windy today.

Sticks, I was wondering if you have trouble posing some of your figures--it looks like you never use the stands. Do you do something to the joints of your figures? My figures keep collapsing when I pose them because the joints are so loose. I have heard of floral tape for a quick fix. Do you do something more permanent?

Jess.

Last edited:
:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 FINISH THE TRIBUNAL SET!!!:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

PROTO - As soon as I get the both wagons out of my house, I'll start working on that Tribual Set. I really want both ape wagons out of my house and enroute to both SNICK & STICKS. They've both been very patient and supportive to me. I really appreciate that as this is a really time consuming project. I honestly expect to have both of their ape wagons in the mail, enroute to them within the next 10 days.

both been very patient and supportive to me. I really appreciate that as this is a really time consuming project. I honestly expect to have both of their ape wagons in the mail, enroute to them within the next 10 days.

I feel bad for the crew that couldn't pony up the cash. It is such an awesome piece that everybody should have one. I also feel bad for ANG who was really helping out Sticks and myself. It is a HUGE undertaking but it's going to be soooo cool when it's finished!

I'm obsessing on Zira's Escape outfit. I want it perfect, so I can take very nice photos for PZ to take with him to SDCC...

I have not worked on that coat rack for awhile--it's been sitting on top of the piano. I still need to sand it smooth in the crevices, and then paint it to simulate wood grain. It's very cool looking. It will look awesome with clothes hanging on it...

I don't have the hangers yet, but I have some ugly Mego clothing that I could hang up...whatever I have removed from the apes I have customized...which reminds me...my market scene is still undone! SO much I want to do.....

Angel, I guess the ultimate test for me would be to replicate Zira's Escape clothing for myself...to make sure that I am not just a one-hit wonder...

Jess.

Last edited:
Oh you could do it again Jess- sewing is something you defiantly have the knack for!

The real problem with making the same exact project a 2nd (or 3rd) time around is that it is just NOT as much fun. Jungle and I are both very aware of this. Less fun = less motivation. I jid you not. My BIGGEST motivation for getting the ape wagons finished is NOT to disappoint SNICK and STICKS.

If someone wanted me to make more custom POTA ape flags, my motivation would be BIG bucks or a really cool trade! I have no desire to make more custom flags unless I had the proper motivation.

Sorry about the rambling... I'll stop there.

My sister's highschool friend came over the other weekend and toured our house. They went upstairs and she saw all of my Planet of the Apes stuff. She said, "Oh my God...She's still into these things?" Then my sister said, "Yes, only it's worse now because she can afford stuff..."

Maybe it's more out in the open now that I found my support group:mwaha

If I could afford it, the first thing I would get would be the appliances...but that's $750 a pop...:monkey2

Anybody here have the makeup?

Last edited:
Here is a photograph of the jacket showing the hood. Notice the darker burgundy lining vs. the pink, so that when viewed from the back the jacket doesn't scream HOOD!!

escape217.jpg

New and improved lining, with the proper facing in place. This makes the jacket look 100% better!! Glad I did that...

escape214.jpg

One last shot for the evening. Well? Any responses, guys? Doesn't the jacket look loads better? Wish I could have taken more shots, but it was windy and the darn camera ran out of batteries. I still have to clean up the bottom edge of the jacket, but I consider the jacket done.

escape198.jpg

Last edited:
If I could afford it, the first thing I would get would be the appliances...but that's $750 a pop...:monkey2

Anybody here have the makeup?

The closest thing I have (and I'm sure I've posted this picture before) is my Julius half-head, which was cast from an original Julius mold. But it's not made of foam rubber like the original appliances (which decay rapidly) but of silicone, I believe.

img0927tf7.jpg

Back