Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New and improved lining, with the proper facing in place. This makes the jacket look 100% better!! Glad I did that...

escape214.jpg

Boy... that Angel is one lucky monkey!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Last edited:
WOW... it looks like we sailed past post 6,000 without breaking stride. Heck, Angel and Jess... you two alone added more than 2,000 to that number. :google :google :google

Keep up the great custom work fellow ape fans!!! :D

Can't help it. I have trigger fingers...

Hey PZ...I'm going to try to select the best of my photos (with Zira's Escape outfit) so you can have something to show at SDCC...

Last edited:
Jess - Funny you should mention it. I have 3 figures (1/6 scale) left to make: Burke, Virdon and Urko.

BTW, thanx for posting the link to the cheap figures. I need to pick up an extra Taylor and Zira.

Snick, what are you using for the heads for Burke and Virdon? Do you have photos?

Just checking in. Wow over 6k posts? :wacky

Yes, thank you Jess for posting that heck of a deal link. I wish I could get more apes, but I'm done for a while. I still have to work on my Western set. :monkey5

I'm just posting this photo because I love the composition. I will try to retake this same pose this weekend and try to capture Zira looking directly at the camera...

She has a strong stance, almost like a flamenco dancer.

escape2B142.jpg

Snick, what are you using for the heads for Burke and Virdon? Do you have photos?

I don't have heads for Burke, Virdon or Urko that I'm happy with. I plan on getting them sculpted. With the advent of the 40th anniversary and Chuck's death Sideshow might start the line up again, which, then I would still have the heads sculpted. :lol

The closest thing I have (and I'm sure I've posted this picture before) is my Julius half-head, which was cast from an original Julius mold. But it's not made of foam rubber like the original appliances (which decay rapidly) but of silicone, I believe.

PZ are those glass eyes underneath the makeup? Have you ever worn it? As quoted from Ape Mania...I am one of those that really want to get in the goo!!!

Snick, I am wondering if Sideshow would make the Virdon & Burke action figures, even with the recent death of Charlton Heston, because the TV series was so far removed from the movie...I think you will still have to pursue your sculpts unless there is a 1/6 scale head out there that could be retrofitted with 70s fly-away hair...

Last edited:
Can't help it. I have trigger fingers...

Hey PZ...I'm going to try to select the best of my photos (with Zira's Escape outfit) so you can have something to show at SDCC...

I think the best photo is the first one you posted, with the flower. While the others feature great poses, the flower picture really shows the intricacies, the detail, of the blouse & vest... the buttons, the stitching...

Whatever Angel is paying you, I'll pay you triple! I'm kidding, but I've forwarded your photos to several friends, all are very impressed...

Snick, I am wondering if Sideshow would make the Virdon & Burke action figures, even with the recent death of Charlton Heston, because the TV series was so far removed from the movie...I think you will still have to pursue your sculpts unless there is a 1/6 scale head out there that could be retrofitted with 70s fly-away hair...

That's good news. I would hate to go to all of that trouble and then have a toy company make it. I had heads sculpted of both characters but they aren't very good. Fly-away hair will be in our figure making future. I've already contacted a sculptor about this and I'm waiting to hear back from him.

I think the best photo is the first one you posted, with the flower. While the others feature great poses, the flower picture really shows the intricacies, the detail, of the blouse & vest... the buttons, the stitching...

Whatever Angel is paying you, I'll pay you triple! I'm kidding, but I've forwarded your photos to several friends, all are very impressed...

Hasslein,

I also took this "Vogue" looking photograph, but my camera sucks with a flash. I just love the pose, but again, I would need to re-take it outdoors with better lighting...and perhaps now it would look more complete because I have already sewed down the lining within the hood of the swing jacket and the pins holding down the bottom hem are gone.

Snick, I can't wait to see what your sculptor comes out with...but then again, I REALLY REALLY want more APES!! (Thanks again, Angel, for all of the EXTRAS that you gave me...)

escape073.jpg

Jess.

Last edited:
Snickertown, I just sent you an email regarding the Brent sculpt. Please get back with me! Thanks, Kent.

PZ are those glass eyes underneath the makeup? Have you ever worn it? As quoted from Ape Mania...I am one of those that really want to get in the goo!!!

Yes, those are glass eyes. The Julius appliance is, unfortunately not wearable. It is mounted on a wood backing so it can be hung as a wall display. :(

I've always had the dream to "get in the goo". In the mid-seventies, I used to go to Star Trek conventions dressed as a POTA gorilla. I wore a Don Post gorilla mask and a gorilla costume made for me by the members of my father's Naval squadron. I still have it. I have pictures somewhere of me meeting Mark Lenard ("Urko") in full costume. I was the ONLY person waiting for his signature that was there for his Ape work. I even got my photo with him in the local paper. :rolleyes:

But I always wanted to know how it felt to be fully made up in Ape glory. Oh well maybe someday.... :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

PZ, that's still a dream of mine, to get in the goo. I'm going to look for fabric now so I can start my own costume. I have green fleece, but that's just for slumming around the house...not for going about the town. There will be a Star Trek convention at the end of this year in San Francisco, and I'm getting all sassed up in my Lieutenant Uhura uniform...

Jess.

There will be a Star Trek convention at the end of this year in San Francisco, and I'm getting all sassed up in my Lieutenant Uhura uniform...

Jess.

Funny, I was living in the bay area at the time I went to all of those Star Trek conventions.

Hi Jess! May I ask how your Brent scuplt turned out and possibly get a picture. Thanks, Kent.;)

Kfog, I will take photos of the Brent sculpt and post today. I got it unpainted, though, so I could practice. Check back in about 2 hours, okay?

Back