Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticks, what again is the deadline for the contest? I wish you the best of luck. Must be fun and a lot of hard work but it's worth it. I would love to see your movie and can't wait....

Last edited:
Snick thanks a bunch. I knocked out a few more scenes today. It takes all day to get a second, :monkey4. I have roughly twenty usable seconds already recorded. So, I'm almost half done. Snick, I won't be able to post on youtube because everything is SideShow's and is copyrighted, so I'm not sure i can post there. I'm hoping this commecial will stand out a little so it should be availble on SS' website when the contest ends. If it doesn't make it, :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 I'll make sure everyone gets a copy. :D

Amazing! Best of luck with it. Can't wait to see it. If you need any parts or pieces let me/us know. I'd be happy to help you out.

Ironman, I have been meaning to ask, weren't you also working on an Icarus, or wasn't that in the works or plans?

Jess.

Its still on the planning board.

angelofmusic2112 said:
After 2 months you're finally back? Wow! I don't know how you stayed away from Sideshow Freaks for soooooo long. I could never be mad for that long... welcome back Ironman. (Have you been reading this thread while you were lost in the FZ? Lot's of cool stuff in here…especially from Jessica.)

The Galen head is done, thanks for asking. Are you wanting to trade something?

What have you been working on while you were away Ironman? You probably have lots to show us by now. (The last thing I can remember seeing is your Omega Man and that was a very long time ago.) I'd really like to actually see some of the ape things you've been wanting to make. Just let me know when you want to trade something. I’m always here.

After mostly taking care of my wife the hobby took a back seat as far as customizing anything. I picked a couple of sci-fi things up that I'd wanted and started brainstorming a new story idea but thats about it. As for GAlen, was there a finished picture of him or did I miss that? As most might remember I don't have a lot of stuff to trade but I'm always interested in what the price might be?
My wife goes back into the hospital next Monday so... after that and her recovery, I'll be trying to finish off some things.

Maybe Angel can sell it when he gets tired of it...

Your Zira outfit is going become my new favorite Sideshow figure! (Frank the gorilla is going to have to step down to the number 2 spot...) Sell it on eBay? Not this kid! I'll never grow tired of this custom beauty made by Jessica! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Very cool. I'm glad you like them. If you ever need more let me know and I'll fire up a set.

IRON - Glad to see you're back.

JESS - Amazing. I can't wait to see what's next.

KFOG - It's all good.

Hey SNICK -Can you create me a few of the chimp glyphs? If so, you can send them me with the Zaius glyphs. No hurry... honest.

Sticks, The whole of Central City is rooting for you. It's midnight now, and I am so wide awake. It's also 81 degrees in the house. It was gorgeous outside. I took some photos, but can't figure out how to crop in photobucket.

Angel, I just have to add the skirt lining and clean up the hem edge of the jacket and it should be good to go. The background I used is a placemat. I have discovered that it's a perfect backdrop for these closeups. I will be on the lookout now for some cool ones....

It sucks that the frogs didn't align on these shots until I had finished taking photos. I also fixed the frogs for you Angel, so that they don't look ravelled. I didn't notice this detail until after the photo session.

escape331.jpg

She’s gorgeous!

Sticks, what again is the deadline for the contest? I wish you the best of luck. Must be fun and a lot of hard work but it's worth it. I would love to see your movie and can't wait....

Snick and Jessica, Thank you so much. The deadline is in the second week of May, but I am going to CT next thursday for ten ten days, I won't have time when I get back to do much, so I need to hussle and get it all done soon before I leave. I've been kinda editing it while I go which is buying a little time, but if I was to go by my scheduling, shooting should have already been completed, and this week would be for editing.

Today, I hope to record the dialogue and get a MCU of teh Lawgiver, then I have to turn my whole set around so I can grab my opening segment, and a few reverse shots. I'm thinking two more days to film and three to finish editing. I need to also work on some SFX to fill in the audio. So far I'm thinking of a few bird chirps, a horse neigh, very little wind, crowd noise, grunts, groans, thuds, claps, cheers, etc... :lol

Well I'm off to work in Ape City, I will try to get some shots of behind the scenes but all my actors have been too busy to hang out, they're always in their trailer rehearsing their parts. Darn Ape Union keeps me from over working these little critters. :(

I bought some more possible suiting material, Angel. I will send those with the outfit--one of them is white with a black pattern (although not as fine as I want)--maybe you can try dunking it in grey dye too and using the reverse side so the black pattern is not so obvious. If it works out, can you send some back to me? The only reason why I bought this was because it felt like it would take dye well, and also the other fabric I found is already a brownish color and I think adding grey to that would make it darker.

I also found a nice dark grey (sorry it wasn't the light color you want) in a fine check material, but the material feels GREAT and would make a fine mens suit!! It is nice and thin and would really make a crisp suit. I will send you some of that as well.
That's what Cornelius is about...choices, choices!!

Still on the lookout for fabric for Virdon and Burke--Angel if you get a chance, get I get a couple of screenshots of their whole outfits, front and back? Seeing stills of it will help me burn the image in my mind and I can print those out and use them as references.

Last edited:
As for GAlen, was there a finished picture of him or did I miss that? As most might remember I don't have a lot of stuff to trade but I'm always interested in what the price might be?

Last time I asked Angel about Galen (that's what we agreed to call the Che Caesar without the beret, right?) he was just about it mount the casting of the wagons and he wanted to wait until that project was over before mounting the cast of the Galen head. It least that is how I remember it... it has been a long time since there was a post on the matter.

And I too do not have anything cool to trade... I have only currency to barter with. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

My wife goes back into the hospital next Monday so... after that and her recovery, I'll be trying to finish off some things.

I hope all goes well... my thoughts are with you.

I bought some more possible suiting material, Angel. I will send those with the outfit--one of them is white with a black pattern (although not as fine as I want)--maybe you can try dunking it in grey dye too and using the reverse side so the black pattern is not so obvious. If it works out, can you send some back to me? The only reason why I bought this was because it felt like it would take dye well, and also the other fabric I found is already a brownish color and I think adding grey to that would make it darker.

I also found a nice dark grey (sorry it wasn't the light color you want) in a fine check material, but the material feels GREAT and would make a fine mens suit!! It is nice and thin and would really make a crisp suit. I will send you some of that as well.
That's what Cornelius is about...choices, choices!!

Still on the lookout for fabric for Virdon and Burke--Angel if you get a chance, get I get a couple of screenshots of their whole outfits, front and back? Seeing stills of it will help me burn the image in my mind and I can print those out and use them as references.

Jess: Denise and I are going out for dinner (with no kids).:woo

I'll grab you some screen shots when I get home tonight. If you need anything else write me and let me know.

Check out this artwork...if only I had wads of cash at hand! Sucks to be poor...

I think I'm going to take that gorilla with rifle on horseback and create another silkscreen!!

I love the rendering and it's got a lot of action in this one:

https://www.albertmoy.com/featured.asp?Piece=6498

Oooooooh. That was one of my favorite Marvel magazine covers. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

To think that the original is available after all these years... wow.

We'll work it out Proto...

Unfortunately, I have a really busy week. It may be another week or two until I can get to this. Lot's of folks seem to want Galen.

No rush... I was just answering Ironman's querry, updating him on the matter. :D

Good night, Angel. Get some beauty rest...

Forgot to say no rush on this as I've got tons of ongoing projects...

Last edited:
I've been on a POTA kick lately and want me some SS Apes! I'm a HUGE Chuck Heston fan, and want to know which Taylor is the best one. Also, what are some other figures from this line you hardcore fans would recommend?

Thanks!

Back