Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just having fun with my action figures...If you notice, I finished the frogs. I glued the shape together, and then sewed them on with nylon filament because I couldn't find the exact pink at the fabric store. I know she should be wearing shoes to go shopping, but her ape shoes are still green and I didn't think they would look great with the plum outfit.

escape2B248.jpg

I just love that little bag you made! APE CITY OUTFITTERS. That totally wacky and cool! :wacky :cool:

I love it! Did I say that?

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I have an announcement! Snick and I both apologized to each other a couple days back. I have no animosities toward him and he has none towards me. We worked things out and everything is content in Central City. Also, he sure does make the best Chimp Heiroglyphs around and I really think that he is a really cool dude like everyone else here. Of course I do not have to convince anybody here, because he has done so much for many of us. Thankyou for your time Ape-o-nuts:wacky

Just having fun with my action figures...
escape2B248.jpg

Love that picture!!! :monkey5 monkey5 :monkey5

Have you given thought as what she will ron her feet? Is there any photo references to give you a clue as to what she actually did wear in the film with that outfit?

My journey thru the FZ has found a better day for me today. We are getting everything ready for my wife's surgery [they moved it up to 4/21] but she is getting out today for a small overnight trip and that seems to keep her mind off of other things. This in turn relieves a bit of pressure, perhaps self-imposed at this point, off of me.
Alas, I journey back to Central City to find the same decension that helped to drive me out in the first place. Complaints on the Brent head that should be taken up with Snick before being aired here, much like the previous debacle over the ape heads Angel was kind enough to cast and send us.
There are some great works happening here but do they need to be peppered with impatient posts that slander another posting member before addressing the problem off thread? Let's not argue and be overly sensitive to someone's posts when they try and explain their thoughts.
My purpose when I started this thread was to have a place for ALL ape fans to showcase their collections. It has blossomed into an undying thread that has seen many more POTA related items than ever thought possible. Of that I am proud and glad to have been a part of.
To those of you that had contacted me offline after my departure, thank you.
Your words and thoughtfulness did not go unnoticed. I hope that personal events will not detract from my posting here on a regular basis again.

Welcome back Steve! We sure missed you, hopefully you've been able to pop in every onvce in a while to at least read up on everything going on in Ape City.

I know you're a big Star Trek TOS fan, unfortunately Playmates was given the 1:6 - 12" figure license, so we won't see anything from SideShow for a couple of years, which is really too bad. I think SS needs to recapture their old fan base because the new stuff is too much of a fad and a gamble, it seems everything they make now sits on store shelves. What are people going to do with the Reservoir Dogs?

and I can never say this too often:

Jessica your outfit is such a joy to see. Are you ready for a break? I know I sure am, LOL, I'm not sure with what to do with this set when I'm done here, The great Ape City fire of 2008 did pass my mind. We'll have to see. Hehe

Love that picture!!! :monkey5 monkey5 :monkey5

Have you given thought as what she will ron her feet? Is there any photo references to give you a clue as to what she actually did wear in the film with that outfit?

PZ, I think she just wears her regular ape feet but they are a dark brown, the same ones she wears during the other movies.

The dinosaur is here and is 36" tall.

T-rex model at ToysRUs. It's only $15.98!!

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2791163

It's yucky day. :(

The weather is bad and I don't feel so good... :sick

I listed a couple of extra Planet of the Apes items on eBay this morning and I'm also planning to work on a couple of ape things today. With luck, I’ll be able to post some new pictures today including a new head or two.

Ciao Nara

After 2 months you're finally back? Wow! I don't know how you stayed away from Sideshow Freaks for soooooo long. I could never be mad for that long... welcome back Ironman. (Have you been reading this thread while you were lost in the FZ? Lot's of cool stuff in here…especially from Jessica.)

The Galen head is done, thanks for asking. Are you wanting to trade something?

What have you been working on while you were away Ironman? You probably have lots to show us by now. (The last thing I can remember seeing is your Omega Man and that was a very long time ago.) I'd really like to actually see some of the ape things you've been wanting to make. Just let me know when you want to trade something. I’m always here.

Ironman, I have been meaning to ask, weren't you also working on an Icarus, or wasn't that in the works or plans?

Jess.

I'm curious what Jessica could get for that Zira Outfit on ebay... I guessing a couple hundred dollars based on the response in this forum and the yahoo group.... but I guess we'll never know.....

I'm curious what Jessica could get for that Zira Outfit on ebay... I guessing a couple hundred dollars based on the response in this forum and the yahoo group.... but I guess we'll never know.....

Maybe Angel can sell it when he gets tired of it...

I found the same fabric but the wrong color, with a lot of purples and not enough pinks and didn't purchase. I have hope that I will come across that fabric again so I can make myself one. There is enough of that womens jacket I got at Goodwill to make another. Also, that velveteen fabric I first purchased that drowns out the Mego scale hangs very well on 1/6 scale...

Last edited:
I received the Chimp glyphs today Snick, and they are AWESOME!!! I can't wait to apply them my chimps! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I can't thank you enough for them. :D

Very cool. I'm glad you like them. If you ever need more let me know and I'll fire up a set.

IRON - Glad to see you're back.

JESS - Amazing. I can't wait to see what's next.

KFOG - It's all good.

ANG - Thx for the offer of the partition and Ursus helmet. They are both incredible pieces. They are going to spruce up the ol' ape collection.

STICK - Your ape city pix are excellent. I'm dying to see this movie you're making. Would posting a clip on youtube be an insane request?

ANG -
STICK - Your ape city pix are excellent. I'm dying to see this movie you're making. Would posting a clip on youtube be an insane request?

Snick thanks a bunch. I knocked out a few more scenes today. It takes all day to get a second, :monkey4. I have roughly twenty usable seconds already recorded. So, I'm almost half done. Snick, I won't be able to post on youtube because everything is SideShow's and is copyrighted, so I'm not sure i can post there. I'm hoping this commecial will stand out a little so it should be availble on SS' website when the contest ends. If it doesn't make it, :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 I'll make sure everyone gets a copy. :D

Sticks, The whole of Central City is rooting for you. It's midnight now, and I am so wide awake. It's also 81 degrees in the house. It was gorgeous outside. I figured out how to crop the photo, so here it is below.

Angel, I just have to add the skirt lining and clean up the hem edge of the jacket and it should be good to go. The background I used is a placemat. I have discovered that it's a perfect backdrop for these closeups. I will be on the lookout now for some cool ones....

It sucks that the frogs didn't align on these shots until I had finished taking photos. I also fixed the frogs for you Angel, so that they don't look ravelled. I didn't notice this detail until after the photo session.

escape331-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back