Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if Snick and Kfog have one but this is the Forbidden Zone Taylor:

I actually used to own two, but I aaaarrrrg, :bangheadsold one about three years back on e-bay. I also have a custom sculpt of a forbidden zone Taylor that I have had pictured many times on the forum.

I agree as well. That's my favorite. Although I believe Taylor (all versions), Zira, Forbidden Zone Zaius & the Mutants were the only Apes figures sideshow got right. The square US flag on Forbidden Zone Taylor's shoulder always bothered me, so I never really got excited about that figure.. I hate the gorillas... The tunic, bandoleer, headsculpt, all wrong...

Any way to get rid of that the square flag? I noticed that and it looks goofy.

Does anyone know where Forbidden Zone Taylor can still be found?

I have a few. I'd be willing to trade or sell if you're interested.

Gang- Thank you again, i love to babble when I'm very tired apparently, LOL :lol

Jom, you are so right, but unfortunately this one shot was for my opener and there is no way to use it. I'll try to get it from my camera soon. Also, I will be using the original footage that I thought I was going to scrap at least for the time being. I must admit, I'm having a good time doing all this.

Well my fellow freaks, here is a reverse master shot of my opening sequence. The great Ursus Sideshow Speech!

I'll dig up some more.

IMG_2709a.jpg

Gang- Thank you again, i love to babble when I'm very tired apparently, LOL :lol

Jom, you are so right, but unfortunately this one shot was for my opener and there is no way to use it. I'll try to get it from my camera soon. Also, I will be using the original footage that I thought I was going to scrap at least for the time being. I must admit, I'm having a good time doing all this.

Well my fellow freaks, here is a reverse master shot of my opening sequence. The great Ursus Sideshow Speech!

I'll dig up some more.

IMG_2709a.jpg

Hey, what's this? That looks pretty neat?

Hey Stickman, I love your photos, keep them comin' man. Are you working on any new dioramas? I've seen your "show your shelves," Do you have any other photos you can share? Sorry to always ask but I love the idea behind dioramas and there aren't many people on this board that actually make real dioramas anymore. It seems that people feel that just taking a picture of their figure is enough. For some reason, when I look at your photos, they seem to be alive. They aren't just photoshop pictures, which everyone does today, you seem to have a whole environment, which I really appreciate, and love. I know you've gotten messages from before, but I really want to let you know that i really appreciate your work and want to thank you because it allows me to see these figures outside of their plastic shell and i like that- thanks!

I'll dig up some more.

IMG_2709a.jpg

WOW!!! That is one friggin' awesome scene!!!

Any way to get rid of that the square flag? I noticed that and it looks goofy.

JESS - Good eye! I replaced those flags using flags from different 1:6 scale figures. The dogtags are out of scale too.

Sticks - You made my heart jump a beat with that photo. That is absolutely wild.

Some pix are attached of the revamped Icarus ceiling (thx to Jess and ANG I fixed it). The second photo is a blurry photo of the railing to Taylor's chair. The third photo is of Jess' gorilla boots with Milo's head.

Fave Fig - SS's Beneath Taylor. The one that I do not own.

Sticks---your scene is spectacular. You've really made my day a little brighter. I LOOOOOOOVE the opening scene and wish I could be there in person. It must be so grand!!! There are so many things to look at--no wonder you love what you do. Keep up the good work, and never burn out because it is so spectacular. The lighting is wonderful...I really feel a march to the Forbidden Zone being drummed up...

Snick--that railing looks fantastic. Is that bent metal? The ceiling now looks awesome--it is seamless. Can't wait to see it all together.

Sticks...

I am so pumped up for your film!!!! I just love this teaser photo. Ladders and greenery and background details really help to sell the shot. Forget about the new Indy movie and M Night's new film... This, IS the long awaited Ape sequel I've been waiting for.

Mr Burton has nothing on you. And if you animated each figure for the wide shots it is an unbelievable amount of work that you did. I can't begin to tell you how talented and patient you are. We and Sideshow are in for a big treat. If this doesn't re-ignite Sideshow's ape line... nothing will.

My hat is off to you, Sir!!!!

Can't top what JJ said, or what everybody has said... but Sticks... you always find a way to rekindle and deepen my love for the Ape saga with your photos. You are a true artist. :D

Hey gang, just checking in. Thank all so much for the great support.

I would love to get th elips to move but I will most likely not have time. I will be leaving to go back to CT to see my parents for two weeks on 4/24. Unfortunately my mother broke her leg last week so I plan to spend all my time with them.

I shared my some childhood memories with Angel regarding the inspiration my father instilled in me when he would create his landscapes for his Train sets. As a child I would love to peruse through the Model Railroad magazines and take in all the eye candy. So you guys have really helped me harness an old time passion, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Getting back to the lips moving, like Jom said, it would have to be done with CGI, and I don't have that time, nor the skill. I'm thinking I could drop certain frames into Photoshop CS and augment the stills from there, but I'll have to wait on that. My main task at hand is get this done so at least I can submit something. Maybe later I can ship this out to Jom's son. :D It'd probably be a piece of cake for him.

JESS - Good eye! I replaced those flags using flags from different 1:6 scale figures. The dogtags are out of scale too.

Sticks - You made my heart jump a beat with that photo. That is absolutely wild.

Some pix are attached of the revamped Icarus ceiling (thx to Jess and ANG I fixed it). The second photo is a blurry photo of the railing to Taylor's chair. The third photo is of Jess' gorilla boots with Milo's head.

Uh, isn't that the same exact stuff that I told you about that was located at Walmart?:duh

Sticks, I love the new Apes structure! What a way to pump everyone up for this hobby. I cannot say enough. I really love it!:monkey5:clap:bow:duff:fest

I know that I'm in the minority on this, but my favorite "store bought" Sideshow/Heston figure is PRISONER TAYLOR. Great sculpt, outfit, cool weapon and BIG realistic feet!

You and I are in the same boat Angel! My favorite of the Taylors is the Prisoner Taylor.

Stickman, all I can say is "WOW" :google:google:google:google
That set up is AWESOME! Let me know when you get the film done. Have you made any other films? I would love to see them if you have my friend!

Anybody interested in this poster? $30 a pop, and only 50 were made...(but don't quote me on that)...The poster is made up of HIEROGLYPHS from the movie!!!!! Pretty darn cool. Should I get one? Decisions....decisions... Every purchase I make moves me one step backwards from my ultimate goal: an actual full set of appliances from Ape Mania!!

https://www.mondotees.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3519

Last edited:
Back