Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shots Sticks! I love the behind the scenes shots. Any shots of the stars smoking with those long cigarette holders? You've really dressed up the sets nicely.

I can't wait to see this film.

That's awesome STICKS... love the "behind the scenes" shots! You should have the apes looking into mirrors and carefully feeding themselves so that they don't destroy their appliances. Have others reading books/magazines/newspapers under shading umbrellas, sitting in directers chairs, wearing sunglasses and holding those long cigarette holders that JUNGLE mentioned! That would be very original!!!

Angel, I've got thin black leather at home, so you don't have to worry about the leather for me...

Jess.

If you want me to I can e-mail you a picture or two of those vintage figures for reference. But if you want my advise, if you don't NEED the money, I'd pass on the commission. You should be doing products that you can have fun doing.

Anyway... that's my two cents. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Jess - I agree with Proto. I'd rather see you cranking out ape projects... unless they're paying you some really BIG bucks... and you need the money. Seems to me that you have more than enough to do on your own ape projects... taking on those Star Wars projects will give you less time to finish your ape projects. :(

If you're looking to be commissioned... I know that other ape fans would hire you for other ape related projects! SNICK, STICKS and I. would all very interested in trading, or paying you the BIG bucks. I say that because they've actually said that to me at one point or another. Trading is the funnest to me, but I'd also be willing if that's the path you were to go down. Just don't get in over your head and keep it fun for you. That's the best advise I can give you. :)

Nice shots Sticks! I love the behind the scenes shots. Any shots of the stars smoking with those long cigarette holders? You've really dressed up the sets nicely.

I can't wait to see this film.

:lol

I'm glad that you guys are enjoying these. I will try the cigarette shots soon. I love the idea.

-Han Solo in Hoth (Ice Planet) outfit
-Luke in Bespin outfit
-Leia in Bespin outfit
-Lando Calrissian

Sticks--I will help you out with Armando's outfit--I just need good photo references. And a year out sounds nice and unpressured. I love working on stuff for my ape buddies.

And one last thought...Snick is the best.

Jess.

Thanks a bunch Jessica. Wow that is a lot of work a head of you. I would love to see how they turn out. I will make copies as soon as everything is cleared and approved. I could never forget about my Ape Friends!

Sticks - I'll make you an ape chair with the leftover resin and mail it with your wagon. You get to paint it.

Snick - I'll make you an ape partition with the leftover resin and mail it with your wagon. Again, you get to paint it.

I could probably make the new Ursus Helmet for both you guys too. Do you both want one of them? I'd have use some of my molding rubber, but that's okay. I think I have enough thin black leather to make these helmets for both of you guys. I also promised a helmet with leather to Jessica as a small part of our recent trade. I'm really looking forward to getting home and working on these projects. ~Angel~ :angelsmil
That is very cool, Thanks a bunch Angel, Ohhh, I can't wait.

That's awesome STICKS... love the "behind the scenes" shots! You should have the apes looking into mirrors and carefully feeding themselves so that they don't destroy their appliances. Have others reading books/magazines/newspapers under shading umbrellas, sitting in directers chairs, wearing sunglasses and holding those long cigarette holders that JUNGLE mentioned! That would be very original!!!

LOL, you guys are cracking me up. I'll see what I can come up with.

Sticks--so do you have a secret regarding their very loose joints? Cornelius not being able to carry Zira is really bugging me...Do you shove Apoxie in the joints and work it through to make sure it moves?

Jess.

Great shots, Sticks as usual.

Hey...did everyone see the announcement in the latest Toyfare (the one featured on the front page of freaks)that the company that did the Mego replicas of the Star Trek figures are doing the ones from POTA later this year? They'll look EXACTLY like the Mego releases and feature collector-friendly packaging. The first three out of the gate will be Cornelius, Zaius and a Gorilla Soldier.

I'm stoked! I always had a soft spot for these figures...still have my Cornelius figure from back then....tell your local Comic shop to order them! GO APES!

Angel, I am thinking about that TRex at ToysRUs, and I really want one for myself now. It would work well with the Escape costume.

I was about to sew down the hook and eye closures but I only had silver at hand, so I will need to get some black ones. Those would blend well with the dark fabric and not stick out sorely.

Jess.

My journey thru the FZ has found a better day for me today. We are getting everything ready for my wife's surgery [they moved it up to 4/21] but she is getting out today for a small overnight trip and that seems to keep her mind off of other things. This in turn relieves a bit of pressure, perhaps self-imposed at this point, off of me.
Alas, I journey back to Central City to find the same decension that helped to drive me out in the first place. Complaints on the Brent head that should be taken up with Snick before being aired here, much like the previous debacle over the ape heads Angel was kind enough to cast and send us.
There are some great works happening here but do they need to be peppered with impatient posts that slander another posting member before addressing the problem off thread? Let's not argue and be overly sensitive to someone's posts when they try and explain their thoughts.
My purpose when I started this thread was to have a place for ALL ape fans to showcase their collections. It has blossomed into an undying thread that has seen many more POTA related items than ever thought possible. Of that I am proud and glad to have been a part of.
To those of you that had contacted me offline after my departure, thank you.
Your words and thoughtfulness did not go unnoticed. I hope that personal events will not detract from my posting here on a regular basis again.

A very warm welcome back to you, my General. I have awaited this day for quite some time. Your presence here brings such a joy to my heart! I have mssed you.

Jessica.

Thank you Jess.
You have made progress in leaps and bounds in your POTA collection. It is most amazing and indeed something to be envied that it has grown in such a short period of time.

YES!!!!!!!!

The General has returned. You have been missed by all.

I hope your wife's operation goes well, I-man. My thoughts are with you and your family.

It's great to see you posting here again, Ironman... it's a great day here in Central City. :joy

It has been nearly two months (and more than 100 pages) since your last post... I'm SO glad you found your way back.

Your presence as well as your opinion is valued here more than you know. :D

Last edited:
I received the Chimp glyphs today Snick, and they are AWESOME!!! I can't wait to apply them my chimps! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I can't thank you enough for them. :D

Just having fun with my action figures...If you notice, I finished the frogs. I glued the shape together, and then sewed them on with nylon filament because I couldn't find the exact pink at the fabric store. I know she should be wearing shoes to go shopping, but her ape shoes are still green and I didn't think they would look great with the plum outfit.

escape2B248.jpg

Angel, I am thinking about that TRex at ToysRUs, and I really want one for myself now.
Jess.

Jess - I ended up getting one at Toys R Us earlier today because of your earlier recommendation to me. I picked it up and couldn't put it down! It'll a really cool piece. I can understand you wanting one.

I didn't find any material scaled in size for the suit of Cornelius we spoke about a few days ago, but I swear I found the actual suit jacket that Cornelius wore in "Escape". I didn't buy it, the scale would have been way off.

It's so good to be back home, I'm really looking forward to working on more ape things tomorrow!

Last edited:
Back