Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bones (you said you were a Dr.)...

I think "Forbidden Zone Taylor is probably the best of the lot.

Sadly, It is one of the ones I do not own.

Jungle, is Forbidden Zone Taylor the one Kfog and Snick have?

Angel, I wanted to let you know that I am sending you "the package" tomorrow morning on my way to the office. I kept checking and rechecking, making sure everything was there. Hopefully it will get to you in record time. I am putting mega insurance on it, too. I never really did anything for Zira's scarf--it's just a piece of pink fabric that was wrapped and then pinned around her neck for photos (I also lined the edges with fray check). I forgot to pack you extra pink fabric, but I can send some if you need more, if the one I am sending starts unravelling. The box is bursting full because it's got material for Cornelius's suit. I ran out of gallon-sized zip lock bags, but hopefully the package will stay safe and dry because I wrapped it in Ty-vek.

Jess.

Last edited:
I've been on a POTA kick lately and want me some SS Apes! I'm a HUGE Chuck Heston fan, and want to know which Taylor is the best one. Also, what are some other figures from this line you hardcore fans would recommend?

Thanks!

Hey Dr. Mirackle I agree with Jom. I strongly suggest the Forbidden Zone Taylor, followed by the Mutant Jailer, and Gorillas are always cool.

:woo

I had three of the original Sideshow submachine guns at one point. I just sold another one on eBay for $30.00.

I decided I didn't need all of them. I liked the ones I had made. What shall I buy with all this submachine gun money??? (something related to the hobby of course!) :google

Angel, I wanted to let you know that I am sending you "the package" tomorrow morning on my way to the office. I kept checking and rechecking, making sure everything was there. Hopefully it will get to you in record time. I am putting mega insurance on it, too. I never really did anything for Zira's scarf--it's just a piece of pink fabric that was wrapped and then pinned around her neck for photos (I also lined the edges with fray check). I forgot to pack you extra pink fabric, but I can send some if you need more, if the one I am sending starts unravelling. The box is bursting full because it's got material for Cornelius's suit. I ran out of gallon-sized zip lock bags, but hopefully the package will stay safe and dry because I wrapped it in Ty-vek.

Jess.

:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo

I've been on a POTA kick lately and want me some SS Apes! I'm a HUGE Chuck Heston fan, and want to know which Taylor is the best one. Also, what are some other figures from this line you hardcore fans would recommend?

Thanks!

I know that I'm in the minority on this, but my favorite "store bought" Sideshow/Heston figure is PRISONER TAYLOR. Great sculpt, outfit, cool weapon and BIG realistic feet!

However, Taylor wearing JUNGLES custom made blanket is my all time fave Heston figure! :)

Jungle, is Forbidden Zone Taylor the one Kfog and Snick have?

Jess.

I don't know if Snick and Kfog have one but this is the Forbidden Zone Taylor:

I know that I'm in the minority on this, but my favorite "store bought" Sideshow/Heston figure is PRISONER TAYLOR. Great sculpt, outfit, cool weapon and BIG realistic feet!

However, Taylor wearing JUNGLES custom made blanket is my all time fave Heston figure! :)

Gee whizz, Angel... You flatter me!

I've also restarted the Nova costume I promised you. I do hope you forgive me for the long, long, long wait.

Hey, where did everyone go? :confused:

I have to go to sleep soon. I'm on two hours..... :horror

Hey Jom, While filming last night/ this morning I decided I had extra energy and decided to get some extra coverage. Without even thinking about it, I broke the 180 degree rule so I can't use any of the footage. LOL, luckily it was only a handful of frames when it occurred to me, but the set up for lights killed me. Oh I'm tired and delirious, but reading your news has lifted my damper. Thanks a lot buddy.

Checking Out ---:baicon6:

Keep plugging away, Sticks! And if done correctly, you can break that 180 degree rule. You don't have to scrap the footage; just be careful how you edit it in.

Glad my news lifted your damper.

Angel, the lines in the post office were LONG today due to tax time, but I did send out your package, and it's supposed to get to you by Thursday 3 PM guaranteed. So be on the lookout for it.

Talking about feet--I never realized that Cornelius had Barney Rubble feet!! I had to remove his shoes for the first time ever because I think his trousers are a bit baggy--I sewed the sides in a little bit to slim the trousers down...but it's amazing he can stand at all.

Last edited:
I know that I'm in the minority on this, but my favorite "store bought" Sideshow/Heston figure is PRISONER TAYLOR. Great sculpt, outfit, cool weapon and BIG realistic feet! :)

Well the minority just got bigger... I agree, the Prisoner Taylor is MY favorite Taylor figure as well. :D

I know it's been said before but I'm still absolutely amazed that Sideshow EVERY version of Taylor EXCEPT the Slave Taylor with a beard... the version that represents the character most. We are left to kit bash it. :banghead

I did! :joy But he still looks better in the SideShow picture. I wonder if that photo is still the Prototype, and has never been updated. Look at how detailed the sculpt is.

Very few (if any) of the pictures posted at Sideshow of their Planet of the Apes line were ever updated to the production pictures. They are all prototype shots, I believe.

I think the practice of removing the proto shots in favor of production ones is a fairly new one... I think it started with the Star Wars line since there was a loud outcry of differences between the proto samples and what was ultimately sent to the Sideshow consumer.

As for dirtying up my Forbidden Zone Taylor... I never did. He is still as clean as he was when he arrived at my doorstep... perhaps a bit more dusty. :D

I agree as well. That's my favorite. Although I believe Taylor (all versions), Zira, Forbidden Zone Zaius & the Mutants were the only Apes figures sideshow got right. The square US flag on Forbidden Zone Taylor's shoulder always bothered me, so I never really got excited about that figure.. I hate the gorillas... The tunic, bandoleer, headsculpt, all wrong...

Back