Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your Mom, Sticks. At least you are going to be on the east coast for a bit. Are you going to have time go to "Amok Time" on Long Island to get some cheap Ape figures?

...Well my fellow freaks, here is a reverse master shot of my opening sequence. The great Ursus Sideshow Speech!

I'll dig up some more.

IMG_2709a.jpg

That is absolutely the most amazing thing I've seen done with 12" figures...ever! Bravo!!! Man, I really have to finish my Apes collection... and soon! I am only missing Forbidden Zone Taylor myself; have all the other exclusives and regulars and both Lawgivers.

You are right Icummins... It is the most amazing thing done with 12" figures. Hands down!!!

Really nice display. BTW, is there any reason why the SSC Brent figure looks NOTHING like James Fransiscus? It's a good sculpt of a random bearded guy, but I'm just not seeing Brent. Maybe it's the over the top expression, or the paint, but I'm just not seeing it at all. Was SSC not able to get the likeness rights, or is it just a poor sculpt? I'm thinking the former considering how good the other sculpts were.

Really nice display. BTW, is there any reason why the SSC Brent figure looks NOTHING like James Fransiscus? It's a good sculpt of a random bearded guy, but I'm just not seeing Brent. Maybe it's the over the top expression, or the paint, but I'm just not seeing it at all. Was SSC not able to get the likeness rights, or is it just a poor sculpt? I'm thinking the former considering how good the other sculpts were.

SSC gave two different answers to that question when the figure first came out. Suffice it to say it's Brent, not Franciscus.
Jess, if that poster is made up from movie glyphs from the movie that would make it most interesting that the poster is of the TV series Zaius.

Angel...

I read your E-mail and will respond, but right now there is something wrong with my AOL, and I can't send out anything. Hopefully, tonight after work AOL will be working. The trade you suggest is very doable. That figure is not on display anymore and is all boxed up in the closet.

Ironman...I can't really tell if they are movie glyphs, but they look like a repeat of one or two of the ape hieroglyphs. And yes, the TV Zaius is what made me not want to buy it although it looks pretty darn cool.

Last edited:
Jess, if that poster is made up from movie glyphs from the movie that would make it most interesting that the poster is of the TV series Zaius.

That poster would be on it's way to my door AT THIS VERY MOMENT if it was Maurice Evans as Zaius that was featured. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

But I HATED the TV Zaius... and that's saying A LOT since I love all orangutans. :D No disrespect to Booth Coleman... I'm sure it wasn't his fault the creative team gave him NOTHING to sink his teeth into. But the TV version of the character had NONE of the dramatic nuances of the one in the film. In fact, it makes NOT a LICK of sense that they would even call the character Dr. Zaius in the first place since it's not supposed to be the same ape. Wrong year... wrong coast. Why would this be the ONLY name to make the translation from movie to television? Why would they deliberately confuse the audience like that? :mad:

Okay... end of rant... no more bold type. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

The second reason, the one provided to me when I asked Mat Falls directly about it at SDCC, he told me that they didn't get approval for James Franciscus likeness from his estate... so there could be no true likeness of Brent. He thought that the character was important enough to the line to have him made anyway, without having him look like Franciscus... exactly. :rolleyes:

But there is rumor that the sculptor of Brent, Andy Bergholtz, has the version that looks like Mr. Franciscus before the whole idea was rejected by the estate. If it is true, I would LOVE to see it some day. :D

That is absolutely the most amazing thing I've seen done with 12" figures...ever! Bravo!!! Man, I really have to finish my Apes collection... and soon! I am only missing Forbidden Zone Taylor myself; have all the other exclusives and regulars and both Lawgivers.

Thanks for stopping by and posting, Icummins... your posts are always welcomed here. It's always good to hear from someone outside of our regular Ape council members. :D

I hope I didn't step out of line but I started a new thread featuring stickmans impressive diorama.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32797

Trying to get more interest in the Apes again.

Apes! Apes! Apes!

You didn't step out of line... everyone here knows that this thread is routinely ignored by the rest of the forum. The more exposure to Sticks AWESOME work the better. :D

I only wish I would have thought of it. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

That poster would be on it's way to my door AT THIS VERY MOMENT if it was Maurice Evans as Zaius that was featured. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

But I HATED the TV Zaius... and that's saying A LOT since I love all orangutans. :D No disrespect to Booth Coleman... I'm sure it wasn't his fault the creative team gave him NOTHING to sink his teeth into. But the TV version of the character had NONE of the dramatic nuances of the one in the film. In fact, it makes NOT a LICK of sense that they would even call the character Dr. Zaius in the first place since it's not supposed to be the same ape. Wrong year... wrong coast. Why would this be the ONLY name to make the translation from movie to television? Why would they deliberately confuse the audience like that? :mad:

Okay... end of rant... no more bold type. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

PZ, ditto to your rant. That's what made me not buy the poster--if it were THE DR. ZAIUS, I'd be all over it. It's like comparing the 1968 movie to the "reimagination"--you just can't. I don't know why the TV writers/producers couldn't think of a better name for Booth Coleman's character. It would be neat if the artist made another poster of the real Dr. Zaius...

Last edited:
Wow, thank you so much guys. You are all so kind, my only concern is, I hope it doesn't get me disqualified. :monkey4 :lol

I have a major announcement to make. Not too long ago, someone mentioned that they just received their FZ exclusive Dr. Z from SS, and PZ recommended maybe someone should still try to order one. Well I did, and it just converted. So if any of you still want an exclusive Dr. Z, I strongly recommend that you act quickly.

I am having my dinner, I'm eating some great veggie Pho (pronounced Fuh.)
And tonight, I hope to maybe finish filming, or at least be really close. I mean come on, it's only a minute right? Yeah right!!! :lol

I'll check in Later in the morning!

Go Apes!

O'kay, how many people are now using Stickmans Apes Auditorium as their desktop? Totally awsome!:monkey5:monkey1:monkey5:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Wow, thank you so much guys. You are all so kind, my only concern is, I hope it doesn't get me disqualified. :monkey4 :lol

I have a major announcement to make. Not too long ago, someone mentioned that they just received their FZ exclusive Dr. Z from SS, and PZ recommended maybe someone should still try to order one. Well I did, and it just converted. So if any of you still want an exclusive Dr. Z, I strongly recommend that you act quickly.

I am having my dinner, I'm eating some great veggie Pho (pronounced Fuh.)
And tonight, I hope to maybe finish filming, or at least be really close. I mean come on, it's only a minute right? Yeah right!!! :lol

I'll check in Later in the morning!

Go Apes!

Hi Stickman! Do you have to call SS direct to receive an Exclusive Zaius? They show sold out!:cool:

Hi Stickman! Do you have to call SS direct to receive an Exclusive Zaius? They show sold out!:cool:

Hey Kfog, I simply went and put him on a waitlist last week and he is converting very soon, I was told.

I'm glad you have a new screen saver! :monkey5

P.S. Calling IRONMAN 1138

Steve, you need to clean out your mailbox!!!!!! I can't reply.

Back