Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please, no more thread highjacking.

Shai, Stickman has had that "Gorilla with Jason Mask" picture LONG before your crusade. Residents of this thread know this. I doubt it was a personal attack.

You can say whatever rude thing you want on your Kurgan thread. Your crusaders can say that "Apes suck" ad nauseum. Declare whatever victory you like... just stop.

Look... you made my monkey cry!
:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I promise I will NEVER visit your Kurgan thread again. EVER.

Heck, if Sideshow DOES make a Medieval Kurgan figure, I doubt I'd buy him now. All of this large font yelling has soured me to the whole cause. You lost a solid buyer.

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
Heck, if Sideshow DOES make a Medieval Kurgan figure, I doubt I'd buy him now. All of this large font yelling has soured me to the whole cause. You lost a solid buyer.

Proto, I really hope you aren't serious... all your maligning of our campaign has not made me desire POTA figures less :monkey1

C'mon now... this was all in good fun and at the very least it seems a lot of members are now getting more interested in starting "make a figure of _____" threads. But I for one will keep my pro-Kurgan propaganda to our thread and reach out only when necessary...

And hopefully oneday we'll have us some Ape-o-nauts :monkey5

BTW, have any of you guys checked out the Medicom Ape figures? I have the Apethoven, and even though it is not POTA related its a really cool figure, they also released a Che Rebel Ape figure.

Can we all live together despite our differences? Let's not attack each other's crusades. We need to give each some space to express our needs and wants.

Can we? And no thread hijacking please!

Thanks PZ for clearing that up during my absence. For all of those that visit this thread know that I don't speak ill towards others. I have no idea how this thread became so controversial :monkey3

I must admit that I feel that the maturity of this whole site has decreased dramatically, especially after a certain license, (that of which I will not mention) was announced. I’m near the point to pulling down my sail, and mooring my vessel to the dock.

I wonder if other SSC clients have also lost interest in the company.

Last edited:
Controversial or not, this has DEFINITELY become "The Thread That Just Won't Die"! I keep thinking that this thread will someday start to gradually move down the page, eventually ending up in the archives, but NO! There's just too much Ape Love out there! (And <ahem> perhaps a tad too much Kurgan love thrown in that should appropriately be aired elsewhere).

All of our 'crusades' are legit, there are enough non-collectors out there knocking us for our passions, no need for us to bash each other. :D :monkey1

galactiboy said:
Proto, I really hope you aren't serious... all your maligning of our campaign has not made me desire POTA figures less :monkey1

C'mon now... this was all in good fun and at the very least it seems a lot of members are now getting more interested in starting "make a figure of _____" threads. But I for one will keep my pro-Kurgan propaganda to our thread and reach out only when necessary...

BTW, have any of you guys checked out the Medicom Ape figures? I have the Apethoven, and even though it is not POTA related its a really cool figure, they also released a Che Rebel Ape figure.

Sure, I was in on the joke... I countered some attacks with barbs of my own, all in good fun. In fact on page 26, I sort of bid the thread goodbye having said my peace and I wished you guys luck in your "crusade". Then at about page 28 of the Kurgan thread, comments (and well as one sick picture) started getting uglier and mean spirited. I don't mind a good hearted ribbing... but when the ribbing becomes long, hard and sustained, it starts to hurt your bones. The joke was no longer enjoyable.

But I think the moment where I really lost my sense of humor about the whole matter was when Shai came over here and "playfully" demanded in a large obnoxious font size that Dave to shut down this thread... a thread that has given me MUCH enjoyment over the past year. That was completely out of line.

And I stand by my words... I will not buy a Medieval Kurgan. And this is the last time I'm going to comment on the whole mess.

Now on to Ape related business:

As for your Medicom question, I have all of the POTA vinyl figures they released as well as all of the Ape figures of their Kubrick line. I have yet to get the Apethoven or the Che Caesar figure. I've held the Che figure in my hands... he looked great but I thought it was a little too steep for me. Perhaps I'll find one down the line that will be more affordable. :eek:

But Sideshow keeps my wallet busy with their 12" Star Wars, LOTR and Buffy lines that I don't know when I will be able to afford it. :rolleyes:

And the 12" Ape-O-Nauts are still my number one requested figures for Sidehow to do. I think they would be the easiest to produce and would probably sell the most. :D

Maybe next year's SDCC exclusive? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
I've held the Che figure in my hands... he looked great but I thought it was a little too steep for me. Perhaps I'll find one down the line that will be more affordable. :eek:

I haven't seen the Che in person... my guess is he's a pricey one. But I was able to pick up the Apethoven for around $60. Definitely a cool figure, but scale and design-wise doesn't quite fit with Sideshow's stuff.

Protozaius said:
But I think the moment where I really lost my sense of humor about the whole matter was when Shai came over here and "playfully" demanded in a large obnoxious font size that Dave to shut down this thread... a thread that has given me MUCH enjoyment over the past year. That was completely out of line.

:D :D :D :D

galactiboy said:
I haven't seen the Che in person... my guess is he's a pricey one. But I was able to pick up the Apethoven for around $60. Definitely a cool figure, but scale and design-wise doesn't quite fit with Sideshow's stuff.

The Che Caesar that was in my hands had a $125 price tag. I haven't monitored this figure to see where he is at now... I'm sort of scared to. :monkey3

As for it fitting in with the Sideshow stuff, I kind of like getting off the wall pieces for my collection. It keeps it fun. :D

Now is the Apethoven a bust or a full figure? Is it different than the pic below? :confused:

Yeah, he's a full figure like the Che with the magnetic human face. Very similar packaging as well, except a grey box and the cut out is in the shape of Beethoven's head. I'll get some pics together and post 'em. Its a nice figure, and whats most impressive is the quality of the clothing: a stunning velet coat and ruffly sleeves :monkey1

galactiboy said:
Yeah, he's a full figure like the Che with the magnetic human face. Very similar packaging as well, except a grey box and the cut out is in the shape of Beethoven's head. I'll get some pics together and post 'em. Its a nice figure, and whats most impressive is the quality of the clothing: a stunning velet coat and ruffly sleeves :monkey1

Wow... I didn't know that! You learn something new every day. :D

I did a quick scan on Ebay and found that he is also available as a Kubrick.

I find the 12"er strangely compelling. If you have more pictures of the him, PLEASE post them. For the short time I've been looking at this guy, if you got him for $60... congratulations! He is listing at over twice that!

Last edited:
Here ya go... tried to take some helpful angles and an action shot with a Ape Soldier :monkey1

apethovena.jpg

apethovenb.jpg

apethovenc.jpg

apethovend.jpg

apethovene.jpg

apethovenf.jpg

What's neat about him is the attention to detail and fine work... that is one area that Medicom typically excels at... As for Che, my guess is he is pretty expensive these days as he's a couple of years older.

I think someone else (Hot Toy?) did a similar line with ape masks that would fit over the figures head... but I think they are in the $300 range :monkey4

Thanks Creecher!
I actually stumbled across mine by accident while trying to find a Sideshow Soldier Ape. There is one Che on eBay... but a pretty prohibitive starting bid and a less that 100% seller from Hong Kong seems a bit too risky. But it'd be a sweet figure :monkey5 Medicom Che

Does the beret come off of the Che head?
Does anyone who has these have an interest in parting with the ape heads? Does anyone have the "Monkey King" that is willing to part with the ape head?
And galactiboy, does a gorilla playing guitar really count as an action shot? :monkey5

Ironman1188 said:
And galactiboy, does a gorilla playing guitar really count as an action shot? :monkey5

Actually its a Bass guitar, so I think yes!!! I really want that Monkey King figure, but there only seems to be one eBay seller with it... and its never less than about $130 shipped, but man is it a cool figure. Anyone here have it or know if its worth the bread?

Ironman1188 said:
Does the beret come off of the Che head?
Does anyone who has these have an interest in parting with the ape heads? Does anyone have the "Monkey King" that is willing to part with the ape head?

Unfortunately the beret is molded onto the Che Caesar figure. I think that if the beret WAS removable I would have bought it, regardless of the price. :D

What is the "Monkey King" figure? Did I miss something?:confused:

Back