Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel, PLMK if your selling any of thse other ape heads I hadn't gotten , Thanks!!

Ironman - I believe you have all of the ape heads that I've made castings of... there are more to come, I just need to find out who's really interested in getting more...

I'm getting e-mails from the "eBay lookers" who want more gorilla heads from me for their garrisons. I've also had more requests for that Galen head. I'd love to help you guys out, but I'm feeling overwhelmed in my projects at the moment. I'm not ready to commit to anyone, just yet, for more ape heads, although I'd really love to. My time is scarce right now... please give it time.

Hi Jessica! Did you miss my question to you?:cool:

I missed it Kfog--what question was that? I do not know my figures at all, and I am not aware of anything beyond Planet of the Apes, so I was sure you were asking Snick that question. My POTA fanaticism just kicked in after several years (make that 20 years) of hiatus--so this customizing stuff is all new to me. In fact, I consider my join date when I started to really actively start this madness.

Last edited:
I guess the Tuscan Raider question would be for Snickertown. I asked the other question for Jess.:google

Huh? The question I just asked on post #6288 :duh

Hi Jessica! I have looked a long while trying to find the right clothes to go with Burke and Virdon. Mark (Angel) and I have discussed this very topic more than once. I think that the shoes were a Moccasin type shoe. The pants on both looked to be a terry cloth material and the blue sweater is always a mystery to me. What Tusken Raider has the proper shirt? Is it the 12 inch 1996 figure? I could really go for a completed Burke and Virdon. :monkey5

KFog, just like Jessica - I don't know what a "Tusken Raider" is either... :angelsmil

Today while at piano practice, I saw a pillow with the most perfect weave for Burke's shirt, but it was the wrong color. It was a chenille weave, so the other place to look for the shirt material would be throw blankets. The chenille weave is extremely soft and would hang very well. If you guys go to any stores today, check out the chenille throw blankets--even the pillows, for the perfect blue color. Let me know if anybody finds anything. This material has got to be around. It's just a matter of being found.

Today while at piano practice, I saw a pillow with the most perfect weave for Burke's shirt, but it was the wrong color. It was a chenille weave, so the other place to look for the shirt material would be throw blankets. The chenille weave is extremely soft and would hang very well. If you guys go to any stores today, check out the chenille throw blankets--even the pillows, for the perfect blue color. Let me know if anybody finds anything. This material has got to be around. It's just a matter of being found.

How did you figure out it was called "chenille"???

I'm going to google it and see what happens...

Thanks Ironman, if it's not from Planet of the Apes, I probably wouldn't know either...

Those where the short midget like people if I remember correctly.

I hate to correct you, Angel but the Sand People are the creatures from Tatooine that attack Luke when he goes after a runaway R2-D2 and he meets Obi-Wan (played by Alec Guinness).

The short midgets were Jawas. :D

I'm fleuent in BOTH Ape and Star Warsese. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I hate to correct you, Angel but the Sand People are the creatures from Tatooine that attack Luke when he goes after a runaway R2-D2 and he meets Obi-Wan (played by Alec Guinness).

They like to be called "Little People"!

That's okay, you can correct me Proto. I'm clueless when it comes to Star Wars. I really don't have a clue what any of you are talking about. I never got that saga. Because of that, I only know a few of the primary characters. Sand People... got it. (Jawas = Sand People... got it.) Tusken Raider... I'm still clueless.

Last edited:
That's okay, you can correct me Proto. I'm clueless when it comes to Star Wars. I really don't have a clue what any of you are talking about. I never got that saga. Because of that, I only know a few of the primary characters. Sand People... got it. (Jawas = Sand People... got it.) Tusken Raider... I'm still clueless.

No No No...

Sand People = Tuscan Raider

Jawas are portrayed by Little People. Have I mentioned that they like to be called "Little People"?

Angel, I think you should give your family a treat and rent "Star Wars" for them.

Last edited:
Angel, did you find the chenille I was talking about? I know it's chenille because they sell yarn called chenille and that's what the pillow case looked like it was woven from. Here's a swatch from a fabric similar to it. It is very soft and hangs very well. This is the wrong season for it, but in the winter, they have lots of blanket throws and such available everywhere. In my fabric foraging today I was unable to encounter it, even in pillow cases.

I did see the crinkle cotton in the fabric store, but it was not the right color. I looked for the same fabric in womens tops but did not see the right color.

Kind of difficult to stock up at the fabric store that's on liquidation because I don't know what to stock up for. I bought a fabric that might work for Burke. It is a cotton thermal weave, and it is also interlock. With some massaging on the edges, you could make it fray.

65834-Parchment_b.jpg

I only have the first 3 starwars movies--I have never sat down to watch them. I think I will need to now.

Back