Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasslein!!! Cool to see your collection finally! Who are you using for Nova?

Do you have any Sideshow action figures in your collection?

Those ANSA outfits are pretty good. But, they are difficult to make if you had to start from scratch.

Nova was a Native American Barbie.

Like I said I did all my "customizing" during the Hasbro era, and haven't done much since then. Yes, I have all the sideshow figures, but was really dissappointed in the gorillas, as I have stated in an earlier post, and I haven't done much with them, except take the Ursus outfit and put it on a Hasbro Ursus. The two nude sideshow Ursus I sold to Angel via ebay, and that is how I wound up in this forum.

The Hasbro ansa outfits are okay, pretty good for hasbro, but the flag is on the wrong shoulder. It's printed on, I wonder if there is a way to remove it.

Hasslein, I didn't know that's how you came upon Central City! Maybe you should just replace the SS gorilla heads with Angel's sculpts, when he feels up to them again. They are great and he does a wonderful job of painting them...

I didn't realize the flags were on the wrong shoulder, either.

How about 20 Gorillas for a chase scene and 200 for a full scale Battle scene.

By the way Hasslein, what the heck was Hasbro thinking when they placed the flag on the wrong side? I totally agree with you on that.:monkey3

I especially like Kolp and the 2 cops beating on the gorilla in his red jumpsuit. The “cartoon figures” and are also very cool! Thanks Hasslein – They brought a big smile to my face. It’s been a while since we seen any creativity here. Thanks for sharing your collection with us. :elefant:elefant:elefant

That character to the far right in your BATTLE picture would make a great MENDEZ I (from Battle).

Thanks. I liked seeing your figures in the yahoo group postings, I'm always intersted in seeing what others have done, & the choices they make. Obviously I'm not as detail oriented as you and Jess, but I still think putting them together is fun.

Is there a way to access just the posted images in this forum? Like someone else said, I love seeing all the work, but going thru all the posts is really time consuming.

I forgot, you did do a repaint/sculpt Burke, right? I thought it was you. It looked really cool.

Nova was a Native American Barbie.

Like I said I did all my "customizing" during the Hasbro era, and haven't done much since then. Yes, I have all the sideshow figures, but was really dissappointed in the gorillas, as I have stated in an earlier post, and I haven't done much with them, except take the Ursus outfit and put it on a Hasbro Ursus. The two nude sideshow Ursus I sold to Angel via ebay, and that is how I wound up in this forum.

The Hasbro ansa outfits are okay, pretty good for hasbro, but the flag is on the wrong shoulder. It's printed on, I wonder if there is a way to remove it.

Nice to know how you found us Dr. (Hasskein)

Doc... Can I ask you why you prefer the Hasbro Gorillas over the Sideshow Gorillas?

What Mendez figure is Angel talking about and how can we get one like it? I also like the Older Police Uniform with round Helmet. Thankyou!:monkey5

I remember taking the flags off of the old GI Joe silver Astronaut suits and placing them on the ANSA suits.:D

Nice to know how you found us Dr. (Hasskein)

Doc... Can I ask you why you prefer the Hasbro Gorillas over the Sideshow Gorillas?

Obviously you can't really pose them, and neither got the outfits right, but I like the hair, and the muscular build, and the face is okay. Look at the sideshow gorrilla in an orange jumpsuit, he's way too skinny, and the hair doesn't fall down far enough, as Angel remedied in his sculpt.

I have a real dilemma, mixing scuplted hair - Zaius, Zira & Cornelius, with real hair, hasbro Zaius (as all other orangs) & gorrillas... I don't think it'll look good.

Obviously you can't really pose them, and neither got the outfits right, but I like the hair, and the muscular build, and the face is okay. Look at the sideshow gorrilla in an orange jumpsuit, he's way too skinny, and the hair doesn't fall down far enough, as Angel remedied in his sculpt.

I have a real dilemma, mixing scuplted hair - Zaius, Zira & Cornelius, with real hair, hasbro Zaius (as all other orangs) & gorrillas... I don't think it'll look good.

OK... I got you.

What Mendez figure is Angel talking about and how can we get one like it? I also like the Older Police Uniform with round Helmet. Thankyou!:monkey5

The the Cop from Escape is one of my favorites. He was pretty expensive. The helmet was off of a Harley Davidson cop GI Joe, the leather jacket was from a Universal Soldier biker figure (Had to buy two figures on motorcycles just to get those two items.) Mendez was pieced together from various Universal soldier figures.

I am sooooo excited! I completed one batch of ANSA outfits, Mego-sized!!! Yay me...:banana Whooot!

Now I have to set my crosshairs on another project. Perhaps go back to my sculpting...

ANSA042.jpg

They look great. Have you ever considered making them Adult size? I've always wanted to be Taylor for Halloween.

Do you think you would be brave enough to shave off one Dr. Zaius head and Apoxie sculpted hair on it? That's what I would do...

They look great. Have you ever considered making them Adult size? I've always wanted to be Taylor for Halloween.

Thanks, Hasslein. Jungle posted a very cool site with great images of the ANSA outfit. I found it...did you check out this web page yet? It's pretty awesome. I think they said that the shoes are just white boxing shoes with leather and a zipper added to it.

https://images.google.com/imgres?im...svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&sa=G

The only thing I will be making adult size is my own Zira outfit--which I now have the correct fabric for, after years and years of looking. I only stand five feet tall, and weigh 105 pounds--very petite, so I will make a decent chimp.

Snick--I almost forgot!! I got you something from the fabric store! I am not sure if it is enough, but I bought up whatever they had left. Can you e-mail me your address again so I can send it to you? I think you can special order it at Joanne's if they do not have any in stock.

Last edited:
Hey Sticks... I was meaning to ask, How is your mom doing?

I hope all is going well on the east coast.

Do you think you would be brave enough to shave off one Dr. Zaius head and Apoxie sculpted hair on it? That's what I would do...

I'd be willing to do anything to the Hasbro figures. I went a little nuts when they were on clearance at target. I have 40 of each figure, of the first series, and they have no resale value..... I was hoping to do the reverse, attach hair to the sculpted hair... I don't care for "doll hair" though...

Thanks, Hasslein. Jungle posted a very cool site with great images of the ANSA outfit. I found it...did you check out this web page yet? It's pretty awesome. I think they said that the shoes are just white boxing shoes with leather and a zipper added to it.

The only thing I will be making adult size is my own Zira outfit--which I now have the correct fabric for, after years and years of looking. I only stand five feet tall, and weigh 105 pounds--very petite, so I will make a decent chimp.

Thanks for the link. I asked the guys at ape mania to make one (ANSA), they said they had too many other projects ahead of them, maybe sometime in the future. There was a really nice jacket someone had made on ebay a while back, but I didn't win the auction. I can't wait to see the Zira outfit.

Can anybody post photos of their Burke customs if they have any? I am curious to see what has been done, even if it's a work in progress...

I did a custom of Burke in his astronaut suit. I could post it when I get home Jess, but I think you're wanting to see pictures in his "other" clothes. Right?

KFog - I was refering to the BATTLE picture that was just posted by Hasslien. One of the figures reminds me of Mendez I from BATTLE for the POTA. Take a look and judge for yourself. Maybe it's just me.

Back