Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I watch the first Star Wars movies, will I be able to understand Starwarsese? My husband's uncle was one of the voices for the Ewoks (is that the right spelling?) and do I have the right movie? Anyway, he was speaking in Kikuyu. I asked my husband what he was saying in Kikuyu and he said that he would say whatever you would have said in English, like "Watch out!" "Run!" "Duck for cover!" and that kind of stuff.

If I wanted to make the shirt for Burke, can I use Cornelius for sizing purposes?

Last edited:
Okay, here are some pictures. Low light, but you can make them out. I was working on these during the Hasbro era. First up is Conquest, the table with Kolp, Armando, MacDonald, Breck and Hoskyns. I was deviating between Hasbro "Star Wars scale" and GI Joe scale, thus the big head MacDonald/Ali. I'm going to swap him out with Col Tigh when released.

These are from the TV Series. Virdon, Virdon no shirt work in progress, Jones, and Prefect. I thought the head sculpt, a race car driver, I don't remember his name, was very similar to Virdon.

Escape. Cop, Cornelius in his suit - it is light grey, but light makes it look brown, Lewis, Hasslein, and one of the Assistants.

Finally from Return. Cornelius winter gear, Bill, Jeff, and wing Commander Lago. Obviously, in all the posts, I didn't make any of the outfits, other than dickies, or sculpt any of the figures, but I still think they are pretty cool.

Hasslein!!! Cool to see your collection finally! Who are you using for Nova?

Do you have any Sideshow action figures in your collection?

Those ANSA outfits are pretty good. But, they are difficult to make if you had to start from scratch.

Last edited:
I especially like Kolp and the 2 cops beating on the gorilla in his red jumpsuit. The “cartoon figures” and are also very cool! Thanks Hasslein – They brought a big smile to my face. It’s been a while since we seen any creativity here. Thanks for sharing your collection with us. :elefant:elefant:elefant

That character to the far right in your BATTLE picture would make a great MENDEZ I (from Battle).

Last edited:
I am sooooo excited! I completed one batch of ANSA outfits, Mego-sized!!! Yay me...:banana Whooot!

Now I have to set my crosshairs on another project. Perhaps go back to my sculpting...

ANSA042.jpg

Angel, I think I am getting faster at making them. The first one for my Taylor took FOREVER. These were not so bad. So now when I make my Escape costume for Zira, it shouldn't take that long. I have already travelled that path and I will remember what worked and what didn't. :banana

Now for the second set of ANSA Mego-sized outfits, I only have one top left and 3 more pairs of pants. Then I'm crossing it off my list. :mwaha

Last edited:
Can anybody post photos of their Burke customs if they have any? I am curious to see what has been done, even if it's a work in progress...

Question for one and all! How many SS Gorillas would one need to be satisfied with any Diorama included in both the Movie and TV versions of Planet of the Apes. I know that the Beneath Army scenes would take many Gorillas and I would probably have to use my Hasbro Gorillas as backdrops.:cool:

Question for one and all! How many SS Gorillas would one need to be satisfied with any Diorama included in both the Movie and TV versions of Planet of the Apes. I know that the Beneath Army scenes would take many Gorillas and I would probably have to use my Hasbro Gorillas as backdrops.:cool:

At least 200.

Back