Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already looked at them at LOWES Jessica. They don't have any designs that I liked. It doesn't matter, with these photos and the Aurora Dr. Zaius model kit, I'll be able to sculpt it. I think mine will look better than anything I can buy...

OK. It was a thought. I know you will totally make it kick @ss. I can't wait to see the finished product. If anybody can do it, it will be you. Sometimes when you just can't find exactly what you're looking for, it's easier to create the product yourself. Plus there's that satisfaction of having accomplished an impossible feat.

Last edited:
Just sharing a new photo that I had never encountered before. Check out the furniture/shelving in the back. Would be fun to make, huh? And look at that crappy tin foil on the window. What's up with that? Strange.

2413786490_c116986946.jpg

Angel, I forgot to tell you that I purchased the dinosaur model kit and it is the center of attention on our formal dining area that nobody ever uses...except for me when I add my crap on there. My husband was vehemently opposed to me purchasing the toy, but too bad so sad. I love it a lot and it put me back only $19 and it was worth it. Seeing that horse skull on Cornelius's shelf reminded me of it.

Here's a photo of it for those who don't know what I'm talking about. This dino model stands 36 inches tall and snaps together.

escape008.jpg

Last edited:
Just sharing a new photo that I had never encountered before. Check out the furniture/shelving in the back. Would be fun to make, huh? And look at that crappy tin foil on the window. What's up with that? Strange.

2413786490_c116986946.jpg

Where did you find that still? I've never, ever... seen it before!

The window is not tin foil, it's plexi-glass with a melted pattern.

Jungle, I found it on somebody's blog. They purchased the photo on Ebay recently. There are a lot of hidden Planet of the Apes gems/eye candy out there that I will share from now on, in case you guys haven't seen it yet.

Have you guys ever seen this cute photo of Dr. Zaius? Today was the first time I laid my eyes upon it. A good buddy of mine sent it to me because he knows I just love ape eye candy. That makeup was just so awesome. It's amazing how much emotion it can portray, and it's just...makeup and prosthetics!

4a42.jpg

And another one that I had never seen before today:

6e1d_1.jpg

Last edited:
Have you guys ever seen this cute photo of Dr. Zaius? Today was the first time I laid my eyes upon it. A good buddy of mine sent it to me because he knows I just love ape eye candy. That makeup was just so awesome. It's amazing how much emotion it can portray, and it's just...makeup and prosthetics!

4a42.jpg

And another one that I had never seen before today:

6e1d_1.jpg

I've seen both of those... But, it is always great to see them again!

The lighting is fantastic!

I'm checking out for the evening. Glad that some of my favorite monkeys went to check in on Central City today---I was feeling rather lonely just chattering to myself.

Knitting the astronaut shirts, huh? Not sure on that, but if anyone can do it, it would be you Jess.
Snick, keep us updated on Burke, he's been drastically missing from our 1:6 collections. I'm satisfied for now with the Virdon I'm using, but he needs Pete [and maybe someday Jonesy].
Can't wait to see everything else!!
Angel, PLMK if your selling any of thse other ape heads I hadn't gotten , Thanks!!
Stick, don't know if I said it before, but your ape city rules!! How big is your house?? LOL

I know you will totally make it kick @ss. I can't wait to see the finished product. If anybody can do it, it will be you. Sometimes when you just can't find exactly what you're looking for, it's easier to create the product yourself. Plus there's that satisfaction of having accomplished an impossible feat.

You're so right about that! There's always the satisfaction of seeing a small miracle happen right before your eyes! The process of making new stuff always amazing... that is, when it goes as originally envisioned.:ted

Last edited:
You probably have already seen this one, too, but I just LOOOOOVE Zira's hair on this photograph.

fd6e.jpg

Nova looks pretty nice also. That must one of those skimpy costumes from Beneath that Jungle Jom was talking about. Hey... check out those two Neanderthals in the background... one of them is wearing a bathrobe. What's up with that?

Virdon's shirt looks easier to find. I have not come across the perfect color, but I know that they sell crinkle cotton that has the right texture for it. I have been scouting for material now and have widened my horizons to womens clothing. That crinkle cotton was popular in the 80s and I see it occasionally on womens shirts.

Can't you use the Tusken Raider shirt again for Burke?

Hi Jessica! I have looked a long while trying to find the right clothes to go with Burke and Virdon. Mark (Angel) and I have discussed this very topic more than once. I think that the shoes were a Moccasin type shoe. The pants on both looked to be a terry cloth material and the blue sweater is always a mystery to me. What Tusken Raider has the proper shirt? Is it the 12 inch 1996 figure? I could really go for a completed Burke and Virdon. :monkey5

Last edited:
Allright! The denizens of Central City are slowly coming back. Central City is alive and well...I was getting worried there for a couple of days.

Back