Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody see this photo before? I remember in the movie that it was transposed...Zira stands on the other side of the screen. Could it be a screenshot that was transposed? I have never seen this shot though, and I don't remember seeing this part of Ape City when the movie is rolling.

MSDPLOF_FE041_H.jpg

Transposed as I can see. Look at the Bandoliers and clubs hanging on the right side, instead of the left.:monkey1

Transposed as I can see. Look at the Bandoliers and clubs hanging on the right side, instead of the left.:monkey1

Cool photo and good eye.

JESS - Luv the LG. I own a 1:1 LG head if you need a photo of it.

Here are some shots of Zaius. Tonight I'm going to work on getting some better boot glyphs made.

I've also included a shot of Brent's dogtags.

Snick---those look GREAT!! Why do you need better boot glyphs?

On your LG 1:1 head--does it have shoulders? I would like to know how the back of the LG looks--I have seen SS photos of their LG but my main photo source, Apemania, does not show his back.

Oh...we got a new fridge! :banana It's an LG!!!! How appropriate for me!!! :banana :banana :banana

Last edited:
Snick---those look GREAT!! Why do you need better boot glyphs?

On your LG 1:1 head--does it have shoulders? I would like to know how the back of the LG looks--I have seen SS photos of their LG but my main photo source, Apemania, does not show his back.

JESS - The LG head doesn't have shoulders and the back is felt.

ANG - JESS - It looks like the boot glyphs should be skinnier and maybe longer. I looked at the Mego figure and they seem to match up with the photos I've seen. I didn't think to look at the Mego figure until last night. It shouldn't be too hard to get done. I can always pop out some resin versions for the crew.

ANG - The dogtags are from KFOG.

Does Sideshow even bother to read through this megathread? The thought just occurred to me of why there is such a gorilla shortage--you can't just buy ONE. You have to buy 10 or 20 or 40 to make sure you have enough for your army. So, if you are listening, Sideshow, please show us some ape love and make more gorillas...new sculpts...individual faces...just what you would see in a real army.

I am curious now. How does the Hasbro naked body compare to a Sideshow naked body? Can somebody post photos? I love how the Sideshow figures have a great degree of articulation although I wish the joints were a bit tighter so your figures could hold poses better without swooning over or without the aid of a stand.

I am rambling because I am bored. I have not worked on anything POTA-related for the last two days. I am almost done with sewing a set of PJs for my 9 year old, though...that's what I did last night.

I keep checking my LG to see if there is any new cracking but I see none. The air dry clay says it sets in 24 hours, but I don't think that's true. The Crayola Air Dry Clay I first started with was beautifully smooth--and then one week later, there was a small crack. I'm giving him a whole week to finish cracking so I can start the repairs with Apoxie which have not been delivered yet...hopefully with Apoxie in hand he will be done in another week or so.

Last edited:
It looks like the boot glyphs should be skinnier and maybe longer. I looked at the Mego figure and they seem to match up with the photos I've seen. I didn't think to look at the Mego figure until last night. It shouldn't be too hard to get done. I can always pop out some resin versions for the crew.

Funny, I didn't think to look until just now. :banghead

I'd be up for a set if you offer them. Maybe two. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Nice Zaius, by the way. :D

PZ, Snick--I didn't think Mego could actually produce something that was accurate. Ooops--did I say that out loud?

So PZ, are you working on two Armageddon Zaius outfits?

I am curious now. How does the Hasbro naked body compare to a Sideshow naked body? Can somebody post photos? I love how the Sideshow figures have a great degree of articulation although I wish the joints were a bit tighter so your figures could hold poses better without swooning over or without the aid of a stand.

The Hasbro body is just awful. Less said about them the better.

1) It's too tall to be in proper scale (the Sideshow Apes are on a shorter body than the Sideshow Taylors)

2) The arms are too short in be in scale with the rest of the body.

3) The arms and chest are way too buff for an Ape. The body was designed to be used for their GI Joe Hall of Fame series.

When the Hasbro Apes were the only 12" Apes, I bought better bodies for them and swapped heads. Then I had to take in the costumes since they were tailored for the bulkier body.

PZ, I was always curious about the apes vs. humans on SS bodies...so if I were to make a Burke/Virdon costume, would I be able to use Cornelius as a stand-in human, since I do not have any humans in my possession?

Plus...Hasslein said he had about 40 Hasbro gorillas!!!

PZ, Snick--I didn't think Mego could actually produce something that was accurate.

:lol :rotfl :lol

I would say that Mego was in the ballpark... the sculpt is way too soft to be that accurate. However its the dimensions of the Mego boot glyphs that are more accurate than the ones offered in the Armageddon Glyph set.

So PZ, are you working on two Armageddon Zaius outfits?

No. Just one. Though for some reason, I haven't been able to apply the final glyphs to the costume. I've been weighing my options. But I do want to get the figure completed so I can take pictures of him for SDCC. :D

PZ, I was always curious about the apes vs. humans on SS bodies...so if I were to make a Burke/Virdon costume, would I be able to use Cornelius as a stand-in human, since I do not have any humans in my possession?

Perhaps... I don't know if their is going to be a length issue. I would send you a Sideshow Male body but I gave my last spare one to my Dad who was kitbashing a Daniel Craig Bond as a gift.

Plus...Hasslein said he had about 40 Hasbro gorillas!!!

I too bought an insane amount of Apes during Target clearance sale. Now I only have a set of the first three MIB... over the years I've given several to my son who needed some sturdy Ape toys to play with and the rest I gave to Toy For Tots during the holidays. :D

KFog - Hook me up with some of those dog tags. :)

Hi Mark! I have you down for two sets of dog tags. I have to get the Cotswold order in and be done with it. I would like to add to the order to make everything worthwhile. They need a $25.00 minimum order by the way. Any suggestions? Thanks!:monkey5

Back