Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap! My electric sander died on me as I was cleaning up various parts the ape wagons. :banghead

My wife doesn't want me buying anymore tools (or ape toys), unless I start working some more overtime or sell some of the things I make. :(

Angel, it looks like you should offer more of your stuff for sale on Ebay to cover the cost of a new sander. Your stuff sells really well! You should be able to afford one soon before you know it...Your open-mouthed painted gorilla custom heads are great...

Hi Mark! I wrote you inquiring obout your Lucius sculpt. Thanks, Kent.:monkey1

Crap! My electric sander died on me as I was cleaning up various parts the ape wagons. :banghead

(

ANG - Did you hear Chuck Heston's voice in your head saying: You Maniac! You blew it up! :lol

Speaking of maniacs, I'm measuring how big a 1:6 scale TV show spaceship would be. The answer is: HUGE!

IRON - Burke is going to take a couple months. I've spoken with the guy who sculpted the Ape-o-naut kits and he's interested but wants to take a rest before starting up sculpting again.

Cool looking Chimp Angel! His face reminds me of the young Chimp in Conquest that started the building on fire by turning over that WOK. Remember that one?:monkey3

Angel, I really love the way you have haired up the arms on that chimp. They look fantastic and the painting is awesome as well. Kfog is right--he does look like that chimp that started a fire in Conquest. Angel maybe Ironman would like some of those items before they go on Ebay.

Snick, I had a feeling that spaceship would be HUGE!!!! Are you still going to go ahead with it? Will you have space for it?

Want to work a little on my LG now. I noticed that he had a dowager's hump on his back so I broke the clay off last night and this morning my son asked how come his back exploded. I said that I did that on purpose because it wasn't shaped the way I wanted it to be.

One set of PJs done and another half done. That will be 3 sets of PJs in one week! I don't know if I should finish that last set before I go to bed or work on the LG...decisions...decisions...

Last edited:
Angel I think you could easily glue together a more accurate backpack out of real leather, and the blocky shape would hold better than the material they used for the backpack. It looks cute, though...Good luck with the bidding, Kfog. Angel, didn't one of your gorillas already have a backpack or am I not remembering correctly? If they do, where did you get it?

Did anybody here buy the custom painted gorilla on Ebay yesterday? It started at $1.00 and I put a maximum of $15, but somebody else won it for $16.50. I think the s/h was $8. Not a bad purchase though for the clever ape who ended up with him...

Angel, I really love the way you have haired up the arms on that chimp. They look fantastic and the painting is awesome as well. Kfog is right--he does look like that chimp that started a fire in Conquest. Angel maybe Ironman would like some of those items before they go on Ebay.

Snick, I had a feeling that spaceship would be HUGE!!!! Are you still going to go ahead with it? Will you have space for it?

Want to work a little on my LG now. I noticed that he had a dowager's hump on his back so I broke the clay off last night and this morning my son asked how come his back exploded. I said that I did that on purpose because it wasn't shaped the way I wanted it to be.

One set of PJs done and another half done. That will be 3 sets of PJs in one week! I don't know if I should finish that last set before I go to bed or work on the LG...decisions...decisions...

Go ahead and finish the kidsPJ's, unless there a hump in the back. If that's the case, you better call it a night. :angelsmil

Did anybody here buy the custom painted gorilla on Ebay yesterday? It started at $1.00 and I put a maximum of $15, but somebody else won it for $16.50. I think the s/h was $8. Not a bad purchase though for the clever ape who ended up with him...

I don't know what you're refering to Jess. Do you have the item number on eBay or a weblink I can click on?

Angel, can I see a photo of the Hasbro backpacks? I think you posted them once before but it would be like finding a needle in a haystack in this megathread. I ended up working on the LG last night, patching in the hole I carved out of his back and fluffing up his robe--just easy stuff so I will finish the PJ bottoms today. The kids want me to make them a set of PJs every weekend. Are they nuts?

Here's the gorilla that went for cheap: https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230247552179&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

Angel I really like that open mouth Cornelius with teeth. He looks great. Did you do a repaint, too? It's very impressive.

Hi Duane! Time to come out of lurking!!

I just finished some very easy sewing projects: PJ bottoms, 1 pair of shorts, and a pillow case! I want to make a top to match the shorts for my toddler, but I need to get ready to go to the movies.

I decided to work on the LG last night because it was a quiet activity. The sewing machine is in the hallway on a cabinet, so it makes a lot of noise when I sew.

Jess- So I take it you have spoke with Duane before? I think (if I remember correctly) he was into Mego Figures and just starting to get into the Sideshow Figures.

Time to eat that brunch I mentioned earlier. I'll take some pictures of the backpack and I'll use a better camera. I'll also repost some pictures of Caspy so you guys can see his face better.

Angel, can I see a photo of the Hasbro backpacks? I think you posted them once before but it would be like finding a needle in a haystack in this megathread. I ended up working on the LG last night, patching in the hole I carved out of his back and fluffing up his robe--just easy stuff so I will finish the PJ bottoms today. The kids want me to make them a set of PJs every weekend. Are they nuts?

Here's the gorilla that went for cheap: https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230247552179&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

Angel I really like that open mouth Cornelius with teeth. He looks great. Did you do a repaint, too? It's very impressive.

Hi Jess! Wasn't me, I never new about it. I don't bid if someone from the forum is bidding. Also, I think that the open mouth Cornelius looks awsome.:monkey5

I thought that I recognized that suit. Pretty cool and the right time period.:monkey1

Back