Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snick, I am thinking your 1/6 scale ship would have to be taller than 12 inches high because the astronauts need to be able to stand straight inside. It needs to be a bit taller than that and everything needs to be just a little bit bigger than what you listed.

JESS - I'm headed to Joanne's after work. Are you thinking the ship should be made out of foamcore? That would be an Interesting idea.

JESS - Good point. The ship would have to be bigger than 12." The inspiration for the ship idea is this attached photo.

ANG - The dinosaur people seem to be able to make a cast real easy.

ANG is right we need to make a 1:1 ship. I wonder if I can get my sculptor to make it for under $300? :lol

Snick, I have seen somebody make ships out of foamcore. The rounded areas of the ship will be difficult to do but not impossible. The person bevels the cuts where the seams are. I was thinking of the craft foam that easily bends.

Wow that photo is crazy cool. I want to make one now...but only Mego scale because it's smaller.

I worked on the right hand of the LG. Very difficult with Apoxie because I was not using armature so the Apoxie refused to retain its shape. After about five or six tries, just as the Apoxie was about to cure and was almost impossible to shape I was able to make this:

LG002.jpg

I know it doesn't match the other hand but I will Apoxie the other hand and also this latest hand and re-hair so they both match.

Last edited:
Wow. Busy guy! That open-mouthed Caesar looks really great!! I get so inspired looking at your work.

What the.... Let's try that again...

Here are a few of the many heads laying around my home.

ANG - That's a great photo of the chimp heads. Lucius is incredible. BTW, thx for the fiberglass tip. I've never worked with it but will check it out.

JESS - Oddly enough I happen to have an extra backpack taking up space but it's kind of painted. If that works it could be in the mail tomorrow. One of your resin boots is with my sculptor who is using it to redo the boot glyph but that should be back by the wknd.

The LG is looking mighty fine. It's a great project.

By the way, has anyone ever had their Law Giver sculpt painted? My painter has not written me back, so I think that I am out of luck going that way. Any suggestions?:monkey1

Angel, I always love to see what's in the background of your photos. Who did you use for Breck, or is at original sculpt? Glad I finally got to see Frank, he is really cool.

Snick, I don't remember much from when I used to make model airplanes, but there is this very thin material called carbon fiber that you could use to strengthen whatever you will decide to use for your Icarus. I don't remember if it comes in sheets. I have already used fiberglass cloth too but I remember that it was quite a messy undertaking. Perhaps now they have improved with whatever it is you use to adhere it to your projects.

If you can spare that backpack, Snick, I would love to have it. Let me know what I can do in return. It's definitely the one I remembered seeing from when I started reading the posts starting from page one....

Uh oh...another Hasslein curve I'm experiencing.

It's rather....slow....to....post....a...quick...reply......

And Enaud---glad to see you have stepped out of the shadows. Welcome to our little corner here. Central City is the best place ever. Do not hesitate to chatter away with the rest of us monkeys. Monkey chatter is music to my ears.

Snick, I don't remember much from when I used to make model airplanes, but there is this very thin material called carbon fiber that you could use to strengthen whatever you will decide to use for your Icarus.

If you can spare that backpack, Snick, I would love to have it. Let me know what I can do in return. It's definitely the one I remembered seeing from when I started reading the posts starting from page one....

That is what my sculptor was thinking too. I also have to research this fiberglass idea.

JESS - How would you feel about making a shirt for Virdon? I would be more than happy to kick in some cash too.

KFOG - My LG head is with Matt S waiting to be painted.

ANG - That's a great photo of the chimp heads. Lucius is incredible. BTW, thx for the fiberglass tip. I've never worked with it but will check it out.

Snick - You must be impressed with the number of ape heads vs. the quality. None of them are even done yet.

JESS - Oddly enough I happen to have an extra backpack taking up space but it's kind of painted. If that works it could be in the mail tomorrow. One of your resin boots is with my sculptor who is using it to redo the boot glyph but that should be back by the wknd.

The LG is looking mighty fine. It's a great project.

Snick did you make a mold of the backpack?

Last edited:
Angel, I always love to see what's in the background of your photos. Who did you use for Breck, or is at original sculpt? Glad I finally got to see Frank, he is really cool.

Hasslein - I used the Sideshow 007 James Bond figure for Gov. Breck. (George Lazenby)

Last edited:
I'm at work... and I know the replacement Armando sculpt arrived today! I got my fingers crossed and hope that she resized it correctly. I'm going to just scream if it's wrong again. I'll let you all know more about that later on tonite... :angelsmil

Last edited:
... by the way, that painted Caspy head (along with the round glasses) that I offered to everyone here at SSF has officially been sold. :angelsmil

Last edited:
Back