Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel, that's not the backpack I remember in this thread. Yes, I spoke to Duane before. I told him to get his ape goodness here because he won't get it anywhere else.

That Cornelius jacket from the Frank Sinatra figure looks really great!

Caspy pictures, though not very clear, look spot on. He looks awesome...

The Milo pictures look great, too!

Gee I'm starving. I'm hiding out upstairs while my husband gets lunch ready. I'm only coming down to eat, and then we go to the movies.

Angel, I have to say that I hate that backpack on the gorilla, not at all screen accurate. It could be used for Burke Virdon or Galen however.

That Milo in the spacesuit really IS impressive. You have really improved on the Sideshow sculpt by opening his mouth!

Caspy is just great, I really love that!

And as always... Your greatest achievement... The Wagon! I still am waiting to see it in all it's painted glory!

I sewed the first of many leather strips into the Nova costume yesterday. I didn't have much time. I spent the better part of the day trying to fix my problems with the bank. They still have some of my funds messed up and it's been months working over the same problems. At this point I will settle for nothing less than the dismissal of the employee who screwed up things when I deposited a good deal of money many many months ago. It was supposed to go into a tax deferred account but ended up in a non-tax sheltered account. It seems they don't know how to rectify the situation. I can't tell you how much free time has been waisted with these clowns!

Regardless... The outfit is nearly done. I just hope next Saturday isn't waisted like this one was!

Jungle, good luck to you. I was just thinking that I have not seen you in Central City for quite some time. I thought perhaps you were busy with overtime, but that is not the case as you just stated. I hope they are able to rectify the situation so that you are not at any loss (except for your time, which you did not have much to begin with!).

Angel, that's not the backpack I remember in this thread. Yes, I spoke to Duane before. I told him to get his ape goodness here because he won't get it anywhere else.

That Cornelius jacket from the Frank Sinatra figure looks really great!

Caspy pictures, though not very clear, look spot on. He looks awesome...

The Milo pictures look great, too!

Gee I'm starving. I'm hiding out upstairs while my husband gets lunch ready. I'm only coming down to eat, and then we go to the movies.

What are you going to see with your family? It's gotta be Ironman!

Angel, I have to say that I hate that backpack on the gorilla, not at all screen accurate. It could be used for Burke Virdon or Galen however.

That Milo in the spacesuit really IS impressive. You have really improved on the Sideshow sculpt by opening his mouth!

Caspy is just great, I really love that!

Hey JJ - it's great to have you back with us! I know you're really busy, I guess I miss the old days when you were here more often.

In the case of the Hasbro backpack - I still like it on the gorillas. I know it's not screen accurate, but somes things simply have to wait. In time, who knows, maybe it will be on the back of Burke or Virdon...

Thanks for the nice comment on Milo. I like the Ape-o-nauts much better with that new chimp head.

I'll try to take some new pictures of Caspy again. I didn't have time to shoot any new ones and post them earlier... perhaps later tonite.

ANG - The pix look incredible! Your Milo and opened mouthed chimp look amazing. Sorry to hear that Sticks and my wagons were at the center of the mayhem regarding the sander. :(

JESS - I'm not sure if I'm going to move forward with a 1:6 scale space ship. I have the room for it but it would be so BIG! Around 36" long and 24" wide and 12" high. It would either be made out of wood or that godawful clay that the glyphs were made from. If we used clay the ship would have to be molded and cast which would cost a fortune. If I can find a cheap and easy way to do it I'll move ahead with it.

ANG - The pix look incredible! Your Milo and opened mouthed chimp look amazing. Sorry to hear that Sticks and my wagons were at the center of the mayhem regarding the sander. :(

JESS - I'm not sure if I'm going to move forward with a 1:6 scale space ship. I have the room for it but it would be so BIG! Around 36" long and 24" wide and 12" high. It would either be made out of wood or that godawful clay that the glyphs were made from. If we used clay the ship would have to be molded and cast which would cost a fortune. If I can find a cheap and easy way to do it I'll move ahead with it.

Hey Snick! Why not just make the front part of the ship, the cabin, and the sleeping quarters. One at a time of course.:cool:

I really do love that Caspy! Nice to see some new angles of it. The profile shot is dead on.

Now what about the fat man? (Victor Buono)

The Snick backpack really looks perfect. Just like the one in "Beneath".

Angel--that backpack of Snick's is the one I was remembering!! It is soooooo perfect. I'm sure you could make one just like it. My camera also sucks at taking photos with a flash--I only take photos during the day. Everytime I use the flash I hate the gloss of the faces or the colors come out garish. I forgot about the fatman. What happened to that guy? I remembered from early on that you were working on him and it looked great from what I remember...

Ironman is the movie we are watching next week. Today we watched Forbidden Kingdom. I really love Hong Kong epics especially if they have martial arts (I'm a sucker for Samurai movies, too), and I watched it only because it was the same martial arts choreographer for Crouching Tiger.

Snick, there must be something you could make the spaceship with. It's just the curves of it that make it so difficult to reconstruct. It would be gigantic, anyway, and casting it would be impossibly expensive.

Snicks backpack looks to be the same version that Matt Sotis has on his website. Matts is Mego scale though!:D

Thx for the kind words regarding the backpack. I have the mold but I'm almost out of resin. Once I get more I can make some for the crew.

JESS - I'm thinking a thick cardboard would be a great material to make the spaceship out of.

KFOG - Hmmmmmm. A sleep chamber could be easy and fun to make.

ANG - The pix look incredible! Your Milo and opened mouthed chimp look amazing.

Thanks SNICK. :)

Sorry to hear that Sticks and my wagons were at the center of the mayhem regarding the sander. :(

Those Black and Decker sanders never last me more than 1 year. This will be the 3rd one in 3 years! (I should send the sanders warranty card this time around huh?)

Snick, you can always use that craft foam--maybe the thicker kind. It bends easily and comes in white.

Snick, there must be something you could make the spaceship with. It's just the curves of it that make it so difficult to reconstruct. It would be gigantic, anyway, and casting it would be impossibly expensive.

To hell with building the Icarus in 1/6 scale. Make it true size and just move into into it! :cool:

JESS - I'm not sure if I'm going to move forward with a 1:6 scale space ship. I have the room for it but it would be so BIG! Around 36" long and 24" wide and 12" high. It would either be made out of wood or that godawful clay that the glyphs were made from.

If we used clay the ship would have to be molded and cast which would cost a fortune. If I can find a cheap and easy way to do it I'll move ahead with it.

SNICK - There was a special on TV recently, and the demonstrated how they made the molds for the dinosaur bones before casting them. I think we could use the technique and that would make the project much cheap...

I'll tell you about it sometime, maybe out next phone conversation.

Snick, I am thinking your 1/6 scale ship would have to be taller than 12 inches high because the astronauts need to be able to stand straight inside. It needs to be a bit taller than that and everything needs to be just a little bit bigger than what you listed.

I can't take my mind off of that backpack, Snick. Please keep me in mind when you get around to casting them. Let me know what I can do in return.

Last edited:
Back