Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I better log off and stop all this babbling or else everyone might confuse me for Jessica. :lol:lol:lol

Hey!!! I can't help it--I've got trigger fingers...

Angel, I have butterflies in my stomach...waiting and waiting for the day to end so you can let us know what happened with Armando. I am hoping for the best. I think she must have gotten it right...I hope I don't hear your scream on this side of the Mississippi....

Congrats on selling that Caspy head. Sometimes it's better not to deal with Evilbay.

Snick, I can make a Burke shirt for you in exchange for that yummilicious backpack!!! My human arrived from that Toy store than Angel posted so I can get the sizing correct.

Duane--I just figured out what Enaud is on my way to work while stuck in traffic. Duh!! Glad to see you are here...

Snick - You must be impressed with the number of ape heads vs. the quality. None of them are even done yet.

Snick did you make a mold of the backpack?

The heads look like they were painted really well. I thought they were finished.

The backpack has been molded.

JESS - I acutally need Virdon's shirt (the reddish color). In reality I need Burke too but Virdon is the first on customising block. I'd gladly throw some cash your way if you wanted to make both.

I forgot to say that I took a saw to my LG's left hand this morning, the one resting on the table. I noticed that the sleeve was in a wrong angle to begin with, and the hand was also not angled properly---I sawed off the bottom part of the sleeve just above the hand, and then I broke off the hand in chunks. I left a mess for me to vacuum later tonight when I get home. I will try to rework the left hand tonight.

LG004.jpg

Last edited:
Snick--I know that Hasslein reminded me who is who but I still keep getting the two mixed up. I am not sure if I have the right fabric for that one yet--maybe I do. I think I have a pair of pants that I don't like anymore, but I need to look at the screenshots again from Angel. Don't worry about fronting the cash. I really love that backpack.

Kfog, I forgot to say good luck with the painting of your LG--or finding a painter. Have you ever tried painting yourself? Maybe you should try your hand at painting...??

By the way, has anyone ever had their Law Giver sculpt painted? My painter has not written me back, so I think that I am out of luck going that way. Any suggestions?

I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of my painted Lawgiver as well. It's at the painter's lair as we speak... but I dare not ask him anything even close to an ETA, fearing that it might tack on another week or two to the wait. :banghead :banghead:banghead

Them artists are a temperamental lot. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

And Jess, I have tried my shaking hand at painting myself over the years and the results make the monkeys cry. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

And Angel, there's no new news to report... I work at a theater and we have been busy getting ready for the summer splash of films so I have only time to lurk here at thread but not post. :D

Snick--I know that Hasslein reminded me who is who but I still keep getting the two mixed up. I am not sure if I have the right fabric for that one yet--maybe I do. I think I have a pair of pants that I don't like anymore, but I need to look at the screenshots again from Angel. Don't worry about fronting the cash. I really love that backpack.

JESS - Notta problem. I'll make sure you'll be swimming with pix before you start. You don't have to buy the material I'll keep my eyes open and find something suitable. I just need you to thread the machine and weave your magic. If you are going to make Armando's jacket can I somehow get into the mix with that too?

ANG - I'm glad Armando arrived! That's great news.

Snick, it would be awesome if you can find the material for Virdon's shirt. I've been looking and I would prefer the right color and not have to deal with fabric dye. Armando's jacket looks scary...I will need to have in hand a jacket with the right proportions and I can use that as a pattern. I won't take apart the jacket--I will lay it down on the fabric and cut around it. It's what I do for my kid's PJs. I've got your back when we cross that bridge.

Last edited:
PZ, I am glad to hear you are well--just busy. And our poor Jungle has been living a nightmare.

I am thinking of Ironman and Sticks and hoping all is well.....

I think those are the main players of Central City. Did I forget anybody? Most of Ape Council have posted within the last week...even Hasslein! And now, Duane :)

Last edited:
WELLL?????????? What about Armando? I haven't heard your screaming yet....so maybe he's ok?

I don't know why I am waiting so nervously....

Am I going to hear that growl before the gorillas charge through the cornfield?

Last edited:
Of course! Except that I will have to sculpt a larger carrot and get a larger horsey! :D

Wow--I am sooooo relieved that the Armando sculpt came out so well. So...who's the next sculpt and who will lead the charge...you or Snick? Hopefully it will be an APE?????:naughty

Snick, it would be awesome if you can find the material for Virdon's shirt. I've been looking and I would prefer the right color and not have to deal with fabric dye. Armando's jacket looks scary...I will need to have in hand a jacket with the right proportions and I can use that as a pattern. I won't take apart the jacket--I will lay it down on the fabric and cut around it. It's what I do for my kid's PJs. I've got your back when we cross that bridge.

JESS - Excellent! Project Virdon and Armando are now in effect. I have a jacket. Feel Free to rip it apart seam by seam.

ANG - Armando is perfect! Thank you for handling this. There was a lot that went into getting this head made so we could have a great figure for our collection. You Did It and THANK YOU!!!!

Back