Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is that I-man want's us all on the same "Page".

Personally... I'd like to be at "Page" Arizona! On beautiful Lake Powell.

Ironman, I don't know how to set the messages to display at 40 per page. That would make it easier to keep track of things/catch up without having to flip back.

Advantages? Well there's um... you can... ahh... er, what she said. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

My guess is that I-man want's us all on the same "Page".

Not at all. I just saw all this fuss over page 666 and thought I'd volunteer an alternative. Personally, I think going thru pages with more posts is easier, but to each their own. It does get confusing when soemone talks about something on page # whatever instead of a post #, especially when I've got a 500 page difference.
Oh, FYI, if you go into the user CP section, then edit options, page down and you can adjust the posts per page.

Hasslein, I prefer the Escape Armando myself but went with the majority, because that would have been the only way to get the sculpt. I think Angel is right though regarding being able to make him younger. Plus I love Armando's riding outfit a lot.

I always wanted both, Armando is one of my favorite characters. This gentle, kind man in the third film, takes on a bad ass exterior in the forth film to fit in with the regime, yet remaining a pacifist... I think he is the coolest....

Unfortunately, as mentioned about the POTA screening, I've never experience any of the frat boy guffaws during any of the screenings I've attended in LA, except during Escape screenings when Armando (RM) enters, and the boys start howling. I guess because of Mr. Roarke... It's infuriating... They also laugh at the loop at the end when the chimp cries mama, but on the big screen, I have to admit, that loop looks much worse....

Hey guys... can anyone tell me what the purpose is of the sticky? What it does? and How it works.

They are always on the top of the General/Movie/TV... page.

They are not large or well frequented. Why do they exist?

Today, I "haired up" the arms of this Sideshow figure a little bit more today. I may use this figure with the hairy arms for either Julius or Dr. Galen as it moves nearer to competition.

Hi Angel! That Haired up Monkey, err (I mean Ape) is looking pretty spiffy! Why couldn't they have a dancing Ape emoticon:chew

Angel, I really love how that haired ape is coming along. It's going to look fantastic when done. Keep us posted on your progress.

I went to see Ironman today! Err.....the movie, not the General.

I also went to my mom's yesterday. I took the LG with me because I knew there would be a lot of down time over there with nothing to do...and I worked on him a little bit. Here is how he is looking. I added a little bit more to him. The whiter looking clay material is sculpey oven bake clay. I have to purchase one of those butane lighters you use to light grills with so I can spot-heat the oven bake clay. I just learned that trick from one of the masters at the Mego Museum. The oven bake clay is great because it's easier to work than Apoxie, but then you have to be careful as you sculpt because if it's not cured, then you could easily dent it in places where you didn't intend to.

IMG_3492.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry Jess... I hate it. I've been honest here and always give my true opinion. I've praised your work before but... I just don't like it.

Angel, I didn't know that you did that to your horseys. I'm going to have to invest in a heat gun.

Out of curiosity, did anybody else change their settings to display 40 posts per page? If so, do you like it?

That's OK Jungle. Maybe it will look better when I am done.

It will look better much when you're done... I know it's still in the early phase of construction. I'm no sculpter. But I repeatedly redo certain pieces of my work until I get it to look as good as I can. It funny how I can look at something, and think it looks really good. After a break, (or the next day) I say that's not right and start tweaking things... That's the process. Get it as good as you can. Take a break. And do constant touch ups.

Angel, I didn't know that you did that to your horseys. I'm going to have to invest in a heat gun.

Out of curiosity, did anybody else change their settings to display 40 posts per page? If so, do you like it?

Jess - You must have missed that post and the pictures of my horses. All my horses are the Johnny West Thunderbolt horses. I twisted them all into different stances and head postures... and then repainted them to my liking.

Back