Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's from Mel Brooks Classic "Blazing Saddles! "I didn't get a hurrrumph!" Watch it sometime, you may find yourself laughing more than you thought you could!

Oh yea! I love the campfire scene when everyone farts in tune(Slim pickens was a riot). I saw this movie with my Dad when it first came out back in the 70's. :lol:lol:lol

Angel, here is a shot of two of the fabrics for a future Cornelius suit. The one to the left is made out of cotton and is as heavy as the brown fabric that I have already sent you. It's got a mini check going on. The one to the right is 100% polyester, and it's very light in weight and color, a better grey but lacks the check pattern. Looking at both fabrics, I think the one to the right is more screen accurate just because of the color.

IMG_3479.jpg

Last edited:
Here is another shot so you can see how it looks with a figure for sizing purposes. It's also the cheapie human figure I purchased...perhaps a future Armando or a future Brent. Don't know yet...probably Armando cause this figure's body has blue marks where some bad dye job bled on it or somebody took a ballpoint pen to it. See how the fabric to the right almost has a check pattern but not quite?

IMG_3480.jpg

I couldn't find my pants I was going to cut up for Virdon's shirt. I think it knows it's on the chopping block and went to hide somewhere.

This is my husband's old blue shirt that I'm sure he wouldn't even miss, for Burke's blue shirt.
IMG_3474-1.jpg

Jess - I'm currently dying clothing black on the stove... That blue shirt belonging to your husband looks great! Is it the scale correct? I like that!

Be right back, I have to stir the dye on the stove...

I couldn't find my pants I was going to cut up for Virdon's shirt. I think it knows it's on the chopping block and went to hide somewhere.

Hi Jess! Keep me in mind. I have been "Dyeing" (Get it), to have a Burke and Virdon set up. The sweater material looks correct, but as Angel has said, is it 1/6th scale pattern? Thankyou!:cool:

Here is another shot so you can see how it looks with a figure for sizing purposes. It's also the cheapie human figure I purchased...perhaps a future Armando or a future Brent. Don't know yet...probably Armando cause this figure's body has blue marks where some bad dye job bled on it or somebody took a ballpoint pen to it. See how the fabric to the right almost has a check pattern but not quite?

IMG_3480.jpg

That figure looks like a Sideshow figure to me. I think that's Patrick "Something" from the X-files and from Terminator 2. That would be a great Armando body!

I like the checkered gray cloth. But you're right; the light gray may be more accurate. Decisions. Decisions. I wonder what would happen if dye remover was used to lighten the checkered pattern and then give it a quick dunk in gray dye perhaps to darken it? Then again, is it really worth it???

Last edited:
Angel, here is a shot of two of the fabrics for a future Cornelius suit. The one to the left is made out of cotton and is as heavy as the brown fabric that I have already sent you. It's got a mini check going on. The one to the right is 100% polyester, and it's very light in weight and color, a better grey but lacks the check pattern. Looking at both fabrics, I think the one to the right is more screen accurate just because of the color.

IMG_3479.jpg

Jess - Now that look at it again. I'm liking the checkered gray... :elefant:bunnydanc:elefant

Here is a picture of the blue fabric with a human for comparison. What do you guys think of the scale? I think it works well for the shirt.

Picture.jpg

Yes, Angel--that's the Terminator guy. I can't remember his name. I got him from that toy store you told us about for $9.99, so I snagged him just because he was a good deal and because he was listed under Sideshow figures. He's also got Barney Rubble feet. I hate that.

Didn't Armando wear a black turtleneck on Conquest?

Last edited:
Yes, Angel--that's the Terminator guy. I can't remember his name. I got him from that toy store you told us about for $9.99, so I snagged him just because he was a good deal and because he was listed under Sideshow figures. He's also got Barney Rubble feet. I hate that.

Didn't Armando wear a black turtleneck on Conquest?

No. Armando wore a dark brown turtleneck in Conquest and a Brown Corduroy Jacket with Khaki (or tan) pants.

Last edited:
The material is an overlock weave, and should not unravel. I actually have to tweak the edges where I want it to look ravelled. But check out this other material I found:

img_3489.jpg

By the way, I'm going to try to modify an extra Armando at some point. I'm going to try and remove the goatee fromthe sculpt and fill in a few of the wrinkles in the CONQUEST Armando, in an effort to make him look younger for the ESCAPE Armando...

I'll let you all know how that goes. This is a future project if any f you are considering doing (or getting) ESCAPE Armando. Not sure if this will work or not...

Back