Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Angel... That haired up chimp is just fantastic!

I fear that you may have to really beef up his arms if you intend to make a Julius, but it may be worth your time and effort.

If you keep him a chimp you'll have to paint part of his hands flesh tone. Looks great though!

(His expression on his face seems like he is saying, "Now... Fight Like Apes!")

I bought an extra Luke Jedi years ago to turn into the Marc Singer character. I think they look similar.

About 15 years ago I ran into Marc Singer in an elevator. He said to me "How's it goin?" I said " Pretty good." After that, we rode to the top floor in silence.

Yeah... I hear you. I've had to ride the elevators with many a TV personality... 99 time of 100 it is totally weird.

Talk about weird... (This being an apes thread... this will fit in) One day while attending a party in a club, I was in the bathroom, standing at the urinal and I look to my left and there is Micky Dolenz from the Monkees. Now that was weird!

When I was a kid, watching the "Monkees" no one on the show went to the bathroom!

Last edited:
"Around the stone fountain, capering in the awful white glare of the city’s atmosphere, were a dozen or more children of many races and ages. Their squeals of pleasure sounded grotesque in the daylight. Brent restrained a shudder. The children had ringed the fountain, romping in a dancing circle, their voices gaily blending in a terrible refrain:

Ring-a-ring o’neutrons
A pocketful of positrons
A fission! A fission!
We all fall down!

On the last word, they spilled backward, forming a star shape, and lay deathly still…"

***This comes from Beneath the Planet of the Apes by Michael Avallone***

LOL, now that's what I'm talking about. Great one Angel!

You do realize this scene is actually in the movie? However, it’s more of a “vision” as the five mutants “see” Brent as they stand on the staircase. This "ring around the rosey" scene occurs just seconds prior to Brent’s interrogation.

Really??? Maybe it's my turn to Run! I did not know this.:monkey2

What do you guys think about that part I just quoted from the book? I really liked that part of the book ... the particulars mentioned give one insight as to the mutants. Who they where, and what they believed.

I've now watched this film countless times and still don't remember it, and that's not good.

I have to post this and share it with you Jess! To me, it’s really starting to look very cool. Just wait... till it gets the highlights! You gotta try this at some point Jess.

WOW, Angel, you are getting real good at this. Your sculpting skills are phenomenal!

I must say that I am very very impressed with the sculpted hair on the bodies...it's just so incredibly fantastic...like it came manufactured like that!!!

Yes, I concur, great job on the sculpted hair my friend, it looks great!

Duane--I am definitely going to do that to my Zira so the next time she has to wear something short and cute, she won't look like she shaved!!

Custom034.jpg

But.... I thought all apes where taught the man law of shaving? At least she didn't go Brazilian, or did she? :lol :naughty

O.K. too creepy sorry. I had a little too much to drink tonight with my brother. :joy

I fear that you may have to really beef up his arms if you intend to make a Julius, but it may be worth your time and effort.

If you keep him a chimp you'll have to paint part of his hands flesh tone. Looks great though!

Hey, there he is! The Law Giver has spoken!

I bought an extra Luke Jedi years ago to turn into the Marc Singer character. I think they look similar.

About 15 years ago I ran into Marc Singer in an elevator. He said to me "How's it goin?" I said " Pretty good." After that, we rode to the top floor in silence.

You should have made some ferret sounds with clicks and chirps... Then yelled "look out!"

Thanks Jom, After seeing the "haired up" ape body, and the positive comments made here by several people, I'm simply just going to have to spend some more time making another one! I love the idea of having both Julius and Dr. Galen amongst the others. :love

Last edited:
Angel, just wanted to let you know that your box arrived today! The Armando head sculpt looks as great as the photograph you posted from Ada and is better than I ever expected. I saw that jacket that you said to go ahead and take apart and I will use that for Armando's jacket. I love the pinwhale corduroy material that you provided and I am excited to sew with it again. It's been awhile since I tried that fabric.

I have to post this and share it with you Jess! To me, it’s really starting to look very cool. Just wait... till it gets the highlights! You gotta try this at some point Jess.

That hairy monkey looks phenomenal Angel... thanks for sharing your progress pics.

How's that tribunal scene going?

I just ordered the THIN Zaius glyphs from Matt Sotis! Those things are FANTASTIC!

PZ/Jessica - When can I see some pics of your Zaius wearing the new Zaius glyphs Matt made for you guys? I remember Matt re-did them for you but I don't recall seeing any pictures from either of you.

Back