Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good night, Sticks and Jungle--sweet simian dreams to you guys...

Thank you, I guess I didn't sleep well even though I slept through the whole night. I feel very tired, it could be from staring at this massive, bright screen.
I've been running my speech through my head all night, I almost can't wait for this to be over. I feel so anxious.

I lied, Sticks, not asleep quite yet. You're Idea of meeting up is a good one... but probably logistically impossible. I would love to see the people involved in this thread in person. It most certainly be good times!

You never know, we'll see if anything can be mustered up.

Sticks, Yes - the wagons are wide enough to sit two gorillas, side by side. One driver and one riding shotgun.

When you destroy ape city, do you mean strategically make cuts and store it away, or do you mean "carry it to the curb" for the garbage man to haul away? :(

I was planning on cutting it up strategically but am uncertain on who it will work out. I made the mistake of building this thing on a huge box instead of a table, and it's all connected now. I wish I kept it modulated, i learned a valuable lesson. We'll see what happens when it comes time. Maybe with me gone this place won't seem so crowded to my brother and the city could saty longer than expected. :D

Sticks, remember us little monkeys when you become famous, ok?

I'm not the famous type. I'm not hip on current society or its over night fads. I'm a man of tradition and enjoy my solitude. If I ever had the money I'd get us all together for sure! :banana

Haven't seen this photo for awhile. Probably from an old TV guide:

1117899287_9b5db6aad2.jpg

Do you guys think this is Cornelius from Escape?

Last edited:
And another...and another...a whole nest of them!

Doesn't this orangutan photograph look like it would have been taken at around the same time as the black and white photograph below? I could swear it was almost the same crowd... Check out the upper right hand corner of the orangutan photograph because that gorilla looks like it could be the same guy.

2268341124_d77c935620.jpg

Do you guys think this could be Kim Hunter in the Dennis Stock photograph wearing the ape shoes?

NYC70732.jpg

Last edited:
Just came across this... I think it is a real good concept and well done.

Last edited:
And another...and another...a whole nest of them!

Doesn't this orangutan photograph look like it would have been taken at around the same time as the black and white photograph below? I could swear it was almost the same crowd... Check out the upper right hand corner of the orangutan photograph because that gorilla looks like it could be the same guy.

2268341124_d77c935620.jpg

Do you guys think this could be Kim Hunter in the Dennis Stock photograph wearing the ape shoes?

NYC70732.jpg

I've seen these shots before...I never looked that close before, but now that you mention it ... I think you are right it very well could be Kim Hunter.

or her stand in.

Really nice eye, Jess.... And you guys, call me eagle eye.

Last edited:
Did you guys check out the new high resolution pics at Hunter's site? Isn't this Kim Hunter and Roddy kissing?

planet-21-300dpi.jpg

Wow!!!

It's like I saw the Nova Costume for the first time!

[I'm a guy.... Can you blame me?]

I've go to rethink my design, all over again....

Sorry Jungle about not being able to find the link for you--I had to make sure the kids were in bed. Sounds like you found it.

Wow!!!

It's like I saw the Nova Costume for the first time!

[I'm a guy.... Can you blame me?]

I've go to rethink my design, all over again....

What do you mean rethink your design? That she does not wear a racer back or halter? I am curious what needs to be tweaked...:confused::confused::confused:

I can't find it now, but I came across Nova's outfit and you could see the linen/cloth underneath the palm fibers. Should have saved it. Never saw that before.

Last edited:
Back