Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is another shot so you can see how it looks with a figure for sizing purposes. It's also the cheapie human figure I purchased...perhaps a future Armando or a future Brent. Don't know yet...probably Armando cause this figure's body has blue marks where some bad dye job bled on it or somebody took a ballpoint pen to it. See how the fabric to the right almost has a check pattern but not quite?

IMG_3480.jpg

Angel, I think I found some material for the suit. It is a Mossimo men's shirt. Let me know what you think of the check pattern--if it's too big for the scale or if you think it would work. I tried to locate Cornelius's picture wearing the grey suit but can't seem to find it in this megathread...Guess I will have to root through my e-mails.

Here is the material for comparison with the above fabrics:
Cornelius004.jpg

Here's the best photo my friend the Redspy could find for me:
ZiraCornelius.jpg

Last edited:
I know you didn't mean statues per se, but I've always wanted someone to replicate the Caesar "Battle" statue, I don't care what scale.

Angel, I think I found some material for the suit. It is a Mossimo men's shirt. Let me know what you think of the check pattern--if it's too big for the scale or if you think it would work. I tried to locate Cornelius's picture wearing the grey suit but can't seem to find it in this megathread...Guess I will have to root through my e-mails.

Here is the material for comparison with the above fabrics:
Cornelius004.jpg

Here's the best photo my friend the Redspy could find for me:
ZiraCornelius.jpg

OMG Jessica! How many miracles can you pull out of the magicians hat??? That's unbelievably exact!!! :angelsmil

Last edited:
I dont suppose anyone here would be interested in new POTA statues ?

Some of the others and I would jump on a "rocklike" statue of a 12" Caesar! (in 1/6 scale!) (As seen in Battle for the Planet of the Apes. Perhaps a small tear on the statues face as shown in the closing shot?) That would fit right in with everyones current 1/6 collection from Sideshow!:angelsmil

Last edited:
The Caesar Battle statue would be a must. Other than that, I must say, if you can sculpt, we need more diversification in the head sculpts. Both human and simian ranks are missing prominent 1:6 characters as well as a few faves. Dodge, Landon and Stewart. The rest of the Beneath main mutants. Milo from Escape(and if you are a true die hard fan, Stevie and Lewis). MacDonald, both versions as well as Aldo, Kolp and Breck. The entire TV series cast and some of the better "guest" stars (Prefect, Jason, Dalton, Tolar, Zako...

OMG Jessica! How many miracles can you pull out of the magicians hat??? That's unbelievably exact!!! :angelsmil

Lucky for me to have had a dental appointment yesterday! Five minutes before the used clothing store closed a doorway down, I barged through the doors. I was actually hunting for materials for Burkes and Virdon's pants going through the store like a mad dervish... when I saw this shirt! :mwaha Lucky me. :joy I think it's the closest ever, and it was only $3. A size medium Mossimo men's shirt (probably previously bought from Target since I recognized the label--who knew?!?! :banana

I just have to remember to make sure to match the checks when I sew the sleeves on.

Last edited:
Some of the others and I would jump on a "rocklike" statue of a 12" Caesar! (in 1/6 scale!) (As seen in Battle for the Planet of the Apes. Perhaps a small tear on the statues face as shown in the closing shot?) That would fit right in with everyones current 1/6 collection from Sideshow!:angelsmil

I concur--that would be something to behold, especially if it were very screen-accurate. A possession to be coveted.

Angel, forgot to tell you that I bought a thin sweater with the perfect ribbing for Armando's dark brown pullover for $3 at the same store. Can you get me a screenshot of his pants? I may have something at home that I could use for the pants...

So Sticks you're leaving the Northwest??? :monkey2 :monkey2

Not before you visit Dr. Zaius and Cornelius at the Sci-Fi Museum, right? :(

Good morning all, I have a lot of catching up to do, but won't be able to do it today. It's my niece's (goddaughter's) 1st birthday today. :D:fireworks:fest:happybday

No PZ, I won't be moving permanently, just for a month or two to help my parents out.

Seattle's 1st GI JOE stop motion film festival was a huge success, and hopefully it will be back next year. Here are a few pics.

IMG_3781a.jpg

IMG_3676a.jpg

IMG_3626a.jpg

Everyone loved the Star Trek / Planet of the Apes Crossover! They wanted More!!!!!

And they shall have it, once your Sideshow Ape movie is shown.

Congrats on a successful showing, Sticks. Always leave the public wanting more...

And they shall have it, once your Sideshow Ape movie is shown.

Congrats on a successful showing, Sticks. Always leave the public wanting more...

Thanks a million Jom. I will talk to everyone either Sunday or Monday. The weather here is fantastic, a little hot, but the sun is out, so as long as it is out, so will I. :D

Have a great weekend everyone and I will talk to you soon. :peace:grouphug:wave

Angel, forgot to tell you that I bought a thin sweater with the perfect ribbing for Armando's dark brown pullover for $3 at the same store. Can you get me a screenshot of his pants? I may have something at home that I could use for the pants...

Sure I'll get you some pictures of Armando. My apologies Jess. I should have gotten those to you several days ago. Let me hunt those up later tonight.

I bought a ribbed sweater on eBay a couple weeks ago and was going to dye it brown. I also bought a pair of tan riding pants from Toy Anxiety. I got the last pair, but I also got a green pair that you could use as a "pattern". If you want, I'll mail them to you and you can rip them apart for your Circus Armando.
:angelsmil

Thanks a million Jom. I will talk to everyone either Sunday or Monday. The weather here is fantastic, a little hot, but the sun is out, so as long as it is out, so will I. :D

Have a great weekend everyone and I will talk to you soon. :peace:grouphug:wave

STICKS - Hurry back to all of us here in Ape City.

FYI buddy - I spent the past 4 hours with a utility knife in my hand making your ape wagon pieces "pretty”. :cool:

I'm about to spend another 4 hours now fixing up the other ape wagon for SNICK. You guys are going to love the details in it! The jail bars outside (and inside) of the wagon look great!

Back to whittling, scraping and cutting... :angelsmil

(and if you are a true die hard fan, Stevie and Lewis)

HEY!!! Was that crack aimed at me! :tap:tap:tap

If the "true die hard fan" was really honest with his or her self they would realize that Lewis and Stevie were a couple of wet blankets. And as we all know wet blankets make lousy 1:6 figures... not to mention PFs. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
Sticks, congrats on a great showing. Can't wait to see the crossover myself...The sun is out and it is fierce today--a great reason for me to stay indoors. Trying to stay young and not get wrinkles...

PZ---I thought about you when Ironman said that :lol

Angel---That will be cool regarding the riding pants.

Good morning all, I have a lot of catching up to do, but won't be able to do it today. It's my niece's (goddaughter's) 1st birthday today. :D:fireworks:fest:happybday

No PZ, I won't be moving permanently, just for a month or two to help my parents out.

Seattle's 1st GI JOE stop motion film festival was a huge success, and hopefully it will be back next year. Here are a few pics.

IMG_3781a.jpg

IMG_3676a.jpg

IMG_3626a.jpg

Everyone loved the Star Trek / Planet of the Apes Crossover! They wanted More!!!!!

Glad to hear that the film festival was such a success... sorry that I couldn't attend. As it turned out my son had tonsilitis this past week and I stayed home all week with him. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Sure I'll get you some pictures of Armando. My apologies Jess. I should have gotten those to you several days ago. Let me hunt those up later tonight.

I bought a ribbed sweater on eBay a couple weeks ago and was going to dye it brown. I also bought a pair of tan riding pants from Toy Anxiety. I got the last pair, but I also got a green pair that you could use as a "pattern". If you want, I'll mail them to you and you can rip them apart for your Circus Armando.
:angelsmil

Hi Mark! I have been checking under pants and trousers the past week on Toy Anxiety and was unable to find those. I am within driving distance of Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety and still can't find what I need. What search word did you use and can you put up a picture of those pants here on the forum? Also the Custom Dodge pic that I have been asking for! Thanks, Kent.:horse:zzwhip:stick

HEY!!! Was that crack aimed at me! :tap:tap:tap

If the "true die hard fan" was really honest with his or her self they would realize that Lewis and Stevie were a couple of wet blankets. And as we all know wet blankets make lousy 1:6 figures... not to mention PFs. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Not aimed at anyone my friend. Just an effort to get more figures. As I also like Dirty Harry, Bradford Dillman would work into that and Natalie Trundy wasn't all that hard on the eyes.

Back