Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could just get a picture of the Riding pants that Angel purchased, I would try to track some down for both of us.

Kfog, when I said I had to run it didnt mean I wouldn't be back! Bummer--I am chattering to myself right now. I am a night owl. I wanted to share these photos with you guys. Some of them are familiar, but the orangutan below is a new one for me. Except for the cheapie pull-over masks, that makeup is astounding.

apes3.jpg

apes4.jpg

Last edited:
My eyes always follow Zira when she's in the film. I didn't realize they had so many ape kids at this scene.
apes6.jpg

I love this shot of gorillas with their whips.
apes7.jpg

I have not seen this angle of the cage before. Check out the architecture of the structure. This would be quite tall if you made one for 1:6 scale.
apes5.jpg

Last edited:
My husband asked me what happened to my charity knitting. I said I had bigger and better fish to fry, and that I was busy with my apes. He said to get a life. Can you believe that?

Maybe the color is a bit too yellow--do you think you could bleach them, to lighten them up a bit? What do the rest of you guys think about the colors? I'm not so hot at picking/remembering colors...

I think the color is off on those riding pants. It is to yellow. They should be more of a khaki or a tan color. I'll round some pictures up for both of you...

Sorry to hear that Angel...Snick and Sticks---you are so lucky regarding the wagons with all of Angel's hard work on them. Count your blessings, guys...Those wagons are going to look fantastic when done. You can just tell by the preliminary photos Angel has provided...

I was going to have SNICK and STICKS clean up all the rough edges on the wagon bars (and they both said they would) but I felt guilty dumping that on them and worked myself into a claw yesterday. I got a couple "minor dings" from the utility knife (after holding it so 7 hours it was bound to happen and I still have 10 digits!), but I feel good now though. :cut

My eyes always follow Zira when she's in the film. I didn't realize they had so many ape kids at this scene.
apes6.jpg

I love this shot of gorillas with their whips.
apes7.jpg

I have not seen this angle of the cage before. Check out the architecture of the structure. This would be quite tall if you made one for 1:6 scale.
apes5.jpg

Jess - I never noticed ANY ape kids in that scene. Is that really in the movie?! Neat-o pic!

Angel-Man,those look great!What figures did you use as a base for Dodge & Landon?

ENAUD- I don't recall the base figure I used for Dodge & Landon. (Actually it's the same figure.) It's actually two Landons. I explained what I did, and what figures I used, earlier in the massive thread.

I didn't do anything to Landon. I just put him in the atronaut suit and ironed on a name tag with his name.

Let me see if I can find some info on that for you...

Jess/KFog - I just located a picture of that HASBRO gorilla that I just gave to KFog on post 1596.

See how much bigger he is? It's not scaled in the same way as a Sidehow figure.

For those of you who recently got a new Ursus helmet from me here how I removed his helmet.

Hold the apes head firmly with one hand and the helmet with the other hand. Just twist in opposite directions, don’t pull. The little bit of glue they put inside easily gives way, but will give about as much fight as opening a twist off cap.

ENAUD- I don't recall the base figure I used for Dodge & Landon. (Actually it's the same figure.) It's actually two Landons.

Its a BBi Barney figure.

Jess, whatever material you think works best and "hangs" right is fine by me. You have the side by side advantage as to which is more in scale. I've seen pix of burke's shirt that look light dark blue and I've seen it look lighter blue. I trust your judgement.

Back