Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much appreciated on the pics Mark. I am now studying the POTA TV series Astronauts of Burke and Virdon. I believe that their pants are made out of a terry cloth type material. I would have to have Jesses oppinion on that. Thanks, Kent.

Kfog, that strange photo I had seen before in the book Planet of the Apes Revisited I think...but the other group of photos I have not seen. Thank you!!! I love seeing new photos!!!!

I'm not sure about which type of cloth for pants for Burke/Virdon--I have to recheck my screenshots. I think anything will work as long as it hangs well for the scale (that it is not too thick) and the color is accurate.

Ironman--I received the cloth today in the mail. Did you prefer me to use that cloth for your Burke or did you want me to use my husband's shirt, the one I photographed? Which color do you think is more screen-accurate, and I will go with that one.

My right hand has turned into a claw from holding that utility knife for 7 hours today. My forearm is also sore from whittling, scraping and cutting the jail bars of the ape wagon. I have about one more hour worth of work on the jail bars. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

It'll have to wait until tomorrow...

Kfog, that strange photo I had seen before in the book Planet of the Apes Revisited I think...but the other group of photos I have not seen. Thank you!!! I love seeing new photos!!!!

I'm not sure about which type of cloth for pants for Burke/Virdon--I have to recheck my screenshots. I think anything will work as long as it hangs well for the scale (that it is not too thick) and the color is accurate.

Hi Jess! I agree! I think that if we could find an accurate color that "hangs" well. Maybe we could check within the SS line of figures and see what's available. I also would like to see that blue sweater once finished. Later, Kent.:monkey5

I bought the last pair of tan rider pants that they had... they were listed under the sale items at Toy Anxiety.

These are the only pictures I currently have on my astronauts Dodge and Landon.

The 3rd picture is Dodge in the making...

Angel-Man,those look great!What figures did you use as a base for Dodge & Landon?

Isn't that Dodge figure outstanding! One of my favorites that Angel has done. The likeness of Dodge is right on!:cool:

Oooh...I like that Kfog. Are those for Armando's pants? Doesn't he wear riding pants also on Conquest?

I think that the pants would go with Armondo, but I am not sure if the color is right. What do you think?:confused:

Maybe the color is a bit too yellow--do you think you could bleach them, to lighten them up a bit? What do the rest of you guys think about the colors? I'm not so hot at picking/remembering colors...

Also, who do you plan on having paint your Armono sculp?:confused:

Me, myself and I....I need the practice. He'll be my second human, if I ever get to him. Besides, if the paint doesn't come out well, you can always peel the paint off and start all over--more reason to practice.

Me, myself and I....I need the practice. He'll be my second human, if I ever get to him. Besides, if the paint doesn't come out well, you can always peel the paint off and start all over--more reason to practice.

Niiiiiice! Very good home girl!:chew

My right hand has turned into a claw from holding that utility knife for 7 hours today. My forearm is also sore from whittling, scraping and cutting the jail bars of the ape wagon. I have about one more hour worth of work on the jail bars. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

It'll have to wait until tomorrow...

Sorry to hear that Angel...Snick and Sticks---you are so lucky regarding the wagons with all of Angel's hard work on them. Count your blessings, guys...Those wagons are going to look fantastic when done. You can just tell by the preliminary photos Angel has provided...

My Mother actually sculpts and paints porcelein dolls. Maybe I can learn from her. She is an hour away from where I live though.

Remember those boots from awhile back you had mentioned for Dr. Z's Armageddon suit? Do you think those would work for Armando?

Back