Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that sculpt! He almost looks confused, as if watching two dirty humans driving away with the slave wagon.

Thanks for pointing that out--I missed out on the expression because I was concentrating on the texture of the material. :lol

I agree! What a lot of information in such a short time! What to do, what to do? Lets all soak it in a bit and come to a reasonable decision. We have time to make the correct choice on which material and which color to use for each piece. Very great work by all! A real community effort.:confused:

Every time I come back, I have pages to go through. LOL I remember the days when a few posts a day was a lot. :lol:lol You guys rock!

I am on new sleeping meds, so I need to retire very soon. I am trying to condition my sleeping pattern.

Actually I was up at 3:30am PST this morning shopping Goodstufftogo for some parted out Manitou parts. I scored a turtle shell medicine bag, and a turtle shell rattle for $3. :banana When I missed out on these parts two years ago, and thought I'd never see them again. The figure they come with sells for nearly $200. So I am very happy I scored them, especially with my upcoming project. :joy

Congrats on a wonderful figure! Surely, you just won it on eBay, the auction one just closed. Prisoner Taylor is my FAVE human that Sidehow made. (The Exclusive version of Dr. Zaius is my fave ape from Sideshow.) I hope you like that piece as much as I do. :angelsmil

Forbidden Zone Taylor takes the human cake, and I'm quite fond of the Law Giver

Forbidden Zone Taylor takes the human cake, and I'm quite fond of the Law Giver

DM I'd also have to agree that FZ Taylor is the best human in the series. I don't remember but doesn't he also have the dirty body that Slave Bren had? Or is he clean underneath. He also has the real size feet too right? Or was that just Slave Taylor and Brent?

I am trying to condition my sleeping pattern.

I am going to try to do the same thing. I'm trying to get myself to sleep early tonight. It's just hard when you have a lot of things you want to do. :cool:

My photos are misleading--for Virdon's vest, there were only 2 different fabrics with two different sides, for a choice of 4 colors. The fabric looks like it's a lot of fabric because I guess I was rushing and fanned the edges together so it looks like a ton of fabric. I do admit though that I have amassed a lot of fabric for my own good.

I am going to try to do the same thing. I'm trying to get myself to sleep early tonight. It's just hard when you have a lot of things you want to do. :cool:

My photos are misleading--for Virdon's vest, there were only 2 different fabrics with two different sides, for a choice of 4 colors. The fabric looks like it's a lot of fabric because I guess I was rushing and fanned the edges together so it looks like a ton of fabric. I do admit though that I have amassed a lot of fabric for my own good.

I hope it works for you Jess. I hate pills, I'm supposed to take up to three a night but I only take one. Sometimes I go in to such a deep sleep I wake up gasping for breath, which is scary because one of my brothers died at 40 in his sleep. He just stopped breathing. I've been told that these pills effect the respiratory system. :(

I'm heading in for the night. Try to get some sleep yourself. I'll check in tomorrow for sure. Good Night.

Hey Snick! Would that be "Ron Burgandy" from anchorman?:rotfl
Just kidding! You wouldn't believe how long that I have waited to find the correct match for the Gorilla clothes. Thanks for the tip, Kent.:cool:

KFOG - I made a mistake. The color Rit Dye makes is "Dark Plumb."

ANG - The Virdon fabric looks real good. I'm thinking if you can "reddish brown" it would be perfect. No worries either way. BTW, The gorillas look great....and that's how they hold he machine gun!

JESS - It looks like you have Burke under control. The fabric choices are perfect. I like the first selection (top right) fabric for Virdon's vest.

I'm trying to get myself to sleep early tonight. It's just hard when you have a lot of things you want to do. :cool:

I stay up much later than I should too. Night after night, it's always the same...

Between this wonderful hobby and my NHL playoffs, I don't sleep, as I should. I look forward to my hockey season coming to a close within the next couple weeks! That'll mean more rest for me... or it means, I'll stay up and just spend the time doing even more projects (deep sigh/big smile)...
:angelsmil

Last edited:
Well, I went to bed earlier than usual, about 11:30. Then I woke up at 3 or so and couldn't get back to sleep. I hate that. Who knows what time it was when I finally fell asleep again, but it was tough to get up because I didn't sleep through the night. :monkey2

Sticks, I have occasional insomnia but not as bad as you. :monkey4 I'm going to try to get to bed early and do so in 15 minute increments until I get to bed by 10 PM (sheesh, that sounds so early) and also try to wake up at the same time everyday. I think if I stick to the regimen and avoid staying up late on weekends, I might be successful. I heard it takes 2 weeks. Congratulations on your Manitou parts!! It's awesome when you are able to snag something you have been wanting for awhile. You must have felt the joy I feel when I find a great pair of leather boots that I can fit!!! :blissy

Angel, that jacket dyed brown really looks great. The turtleneck also looks wonderful. :monkey5

I was just looking at some pictures of Armando from the movie to see the coloring of his boots. I’m painting them now. Once I’m done, I'm going to dye his brown jacket (once again) and make it even darker.

I’ll post more pictures once done… I can make it better.

Jess,

Should I mail all this "suit material" back to you??? (The suit samples you sent me for Cornelius.)

I'll never use it...

Let me know, I'm heading to the post office today. :angelsmil

Back