Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't get much done today, but I did paint the boots of Armando...

I have to turn those riding pants inside out and take them in a bit. They're way to baggy... they really make Armando look sloppy.

Jess - the green riding pants I sent you are a perfect fit, unlike this pair. :violin

Man, Angel! That armondo is looking coolomundo! I give it three salavating monkeys:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

So when do you think you'll be putting those new Zaius glyphs onto your figure?

Who, me? Probably after I finish the sewing requests I have. I need to cut up my jacket for him...I will be sewing his outfit from scratch since I doubt I will ever get the Exclusive Zaius.

Ditto. Armando looks awesome! Can't wait for mine to arrive to try to put it together, although it won't rival yours.

I have to agree, my favorite sideshow human is the Beneath Taylor, and exclusive Zaius my favorite ape. Zira is a close second, but the one I opened, because of the bulk of the clothing, she looks pregnant.

Jess- what's going on with the lawgiver? I hope you weren't discouraged, I thought it looked cool.

On a non related topic, maybe someone can help me. I have the sideshow Van Helsing Kate Beckinsale figure, which I think is the best 12 inch figure sideshow ever made. However, her hair bunched up and matted at the very tail end, where it pressed against the packaging, and I'm trying to straighten it out to match the rest of her hair. It looks like either it was burned by too much chemical, or they didn't put enough straightening chemical in. Any ideas?

Hasslein--The LG is still a work in progress. I need to get a dremel. I need to refine it a bit more...but there he stands on my dining room table, waiting patiently for me to complete him.

Armando looks good, but I think the boots of Dragon's RCMP John Steele or Newline's Japanese officer boots would work better.
Either way, I can't wait to see your finished version.

Armando looks good, but I think the boots of Dragon's RCMP John Steele or Newline's Japanese officer boots would work better.
Either way, I can't wait to see your finished version.

I here ya Ironman! I allready posted a figure with the Newline Japanese officer boots with the GI Joe Japanese Officer pants.:D

Aw shucks, Angel. I logged on too late. I guess I better not spend too much time hanging out tonight at Central City...too much family stuff to do, and I need to try to get to bed early again.

very cool projects going on in this forum. Wow. I love checking in on this thread ever so often. You are all such busy little apes! :lol

I agreed to paint the Armando sculpts (for several interested people) when I first started signing onto The Armando Project. One person was only interetested if I made him the entire figure. I thought that if I painted the heads for some folks it would increase the success rate in getting Armando made. It worked! I'm so glad I don't have to paint all of the Armando sculpts! Making human flesh look godd is a real ^^^^^.

But you're right Jess. At this point in time, I only want to paint gorillas. They're much easier. :)

I would love to see more figures for this license.

Back