Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Armando looks good, but I think the boots of Dragon's RCMP John Steele or Newline's Japanese officer boots would work better.
Either way, I can't wait to see your finished version.

IRONMAN - I don't know about show things. Remember, I've only been doing this for 2 years and ALL my experience is with the Sideshow apes. How many years have you, Kfog and Sticks been doing this? Tell me about where to find these recommended boots and I'll check it out. Some people, (like Jess and I) are new to this and don’t know about such things. We only know apes.

I looked at Toy Anxiety and WarToys, but I don't see anything there except for the boots pictured below. If this is what you recommending, I'm just going to have to pass buddy. I bought Armando’s boots on a budget of only $1.99. How much are these boots you're referring to? KFog said his were about $15.

That reminds me. I like this hobby, because it's so different for every person. Everyone has different materials, and budgets, available to them. This APE thread is a great learning tool when customizing figures. Kit bashing is fun! I can always upgrade on the boots later, but please let me know where I can find them. I do want to check it out and don’t know where to look.

Last edited:
Good morning Angel, I hope you received my email yesterday. I writing to say that I will be away (at least for today) because of some health issues. I spent the whole day yesterday at the ER. I experienced some massive chest pains and need to lay down for a couple of days. The daily stress of living on L&I has been very difficult for me and has finally taken its toll.

I know of Dragon's RCMP John Steele, I bought him years ago for my father who always wanted to be a RCMP.

Those boots like most likely starting at at least $17.

Here is a helpful link when looking for 1:6 things although many things are related to WWII.

https://www.robcaswell.net/1sixth.htm

Have a good day everyone. I'll be resting:sick

Good morning Angel, I hope you received my email yesterday. I writing to say that I will be away (at least for today) because of some health issues. I spent the whole day yesterday at the ER. I experienced some massive chest pains and need to lay down for a couple of days. The daily stress of living on L&I has been very difficult for me and has finally taken its toll.

I know of Dragon's RCMP John Steele, I bought him years ago for my father who always wanted to be a RCMP.

Those boots like most likely starting at at least $17.

Here is a helpful link when looking for 1:6 things although many things are related to WWII.

https://www.robcaswell.net/1sixth.htm

Have a good day everyone. I'll be resting:sick

Thanks for the input STICKMAN - Ill take a peak at that website. Hopefully it's an easy site to navigate.

I'm sorry to hear about your chest pains and having to spend the day at the ER. My prayers are always with you buddy. Get that needed rest.

By the way, what is "L&I" and "RCMP"?.

IRONMAN - I don't know about show things. Remember, I've only been doing this for 2 years and ALL my experience is with the Sideshow apes. How many years have you, Kfog and Sticks been doing this? Tell me about where to find these recommended boots and I'll check it out. Some people, (like Jess and I) are new to this and don’t know about such things. We only know apes.

I looked at Toy Anxiety and WarToys, but I don't see anything there except for the boots pictured below. If this is what you recommending, I'm just going to have to pass buddy. I bought Armando’s boots on a budget of only $1.99. How much are these boots you're referring to? KFog said his were about $15.

That reminds me. I like this hobby, because it's so different for every person. Everyone has different materials, and budgets, available to them. This APE thread is a great learning tool when customizing figures. Kit bashing is fun! I can always upgrade on the boots later, but please let me know where I can find them. I do want to check it out and don’t know where to look.

War-Toys appears sold out.
Here are the Japanese at Monkey Depot:
https://www.monkeydepot.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=5482

and at Good Stuff To Go:
https://www.goodstufftogo.net/html/catalog1.asp?ID=332
they're 24 down from the top of NewLine's section.

I like the boots at Monkeydepot much better than the pair at Good Stuff 2 Go. The heels and soles of the shoes looks funky at Good Stuff 2 Go..

KFog - You have those boots from Monkey Depot. How tall are they? Can you measure them from the heel to the top of the boot for me? I'm wondering if they are any taller than the ones I currently have.

Attached is the picture that KFog posted a couple weeks ago...

Last edited:
HUGE shout out to IRONMAN STEVE for sending me three AWESOME POTA figures! Now, I can start a real man's collection of POTA! Thanks so much bro! :rock
Feedback left for you! It will be remembered I assure you!

Steve rocks!!! :rock

What did you order now STICKMAN? :confused:

Oh just toys. :monkey4

But I've got an order in for some White Printable DVDs, a GOBO HEAD and 40" C-Stand Arm for my C-Stands. Jom would know what these are. Soon, when my health gets better I want to order some more lighting gear like "fingers, and Dots) so I can play with shadows.

Last edited:
HUGE shout out to IRONMAN STEVE for sending me three AWESOME POTA figures! Now, I can start a real man's collection of POTA! Thanks so much bro! :rock

Les, what figures did you receive????

Welcome to the wonderful PLANET of the APES

Ironman Steve! Send us some of your secret apes and post some pix! Don't hold out on any of your AWESOME figures you got!

I like the boots at Monkeydepot much better than the pair at Good Stuff 2 Go. The heels and soles of the shoes looks funky at Good Stuff 2 Go..

KFog - You have those boots from Monkey Depot. How tall are they? Can you measure them from the heel to the top of the boot for me? I'm wondering if they are any taller than the ones I currently have.

Attached is the picture that KFog posted a couple weeks ago...
Angel, I don't know how you like one more, they're both the same but either way they do look like the top notch boots for Armando.

Ironman - I just received that package from you today. Thank you very much. I hope yours arrives today as well. :angelsmil
I just opened it as a matter of fact. THANKS!!

Thanks for the kind words Les. I just figured you can't really be the Figure Master without some apes!
ENJOY!!

Angel, I don't know how you like one more, they're both the same but either way they do look like the top notch boots for Armando.

How can say they're the same Steve? Campare the pictures! As already mentioned, look at the heels of the boots. They look pretty bad at the one site. I'd go with monkey depot, if I were to get them. It's a better boot.

Last edited:
Hasslein - This may be the kick in the shorts you needed to finish that little project. By the way, what do you mean by "existing pieces"? :)

Meaning, I didn't sculpt the dog & cat. I forgot where I found them, but I had found plastic dog and cat figures about the same scale & in the same pose as the memorial, was going to paint them stone, and place them atop pillars... I've since put them in storage and don't know where they are....

How can say they're the same Steve? Campare the pictures! As already mentioned, look at the heels of the boots. They look pretty bad at the one site. I'd go with monkey depot, if I were to get them. It's a better boot.
They are different pix but both are Newline Miniature's Japanese Officer boots.

C'mon Ironman, I'm just dying to see what you've been holding out on! (You better be sharing with all your ape brothers!)
Not holding out on anything, honest. I have been trying to catch up on some things while my wife recuperates, but not made any leaps and bounds yet. More planning and laying out of ideas and parts than anything else. Putting some input here on Burke and Virdon [we really need Sideshow to make their sculpts for us], outlining 4 more sci-fi stories as well as trying to wrap my head back around the POTA/Trek story I posted the beginning of a while back. Apes is my first and biggest figure passion, but while it is most all of you work on, I also need the diversion of other areas. As I've alluded to before, I do sci-fi, superheroes, action and adventure. I am trying to, and think I have a decent one, put all of those together in one GIGANTIC story.
More to come .....

Meaning, I didn't sculpt the dog & cat. I forgot where I found them, but I had found plastic dog and cat figures about the same scale & in the same pose as the memorial, was going to paint them stone, and place them atop pillars... I've since put them in storage and don't know where they are....

Hasslein - Oh man, I'd love to see that too! I sure hope you find them and do that project. :)

Back