Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good one Ironman, time to recharge the cause.

Ape Fans Unite!
POTAAPES011.jpg

I would like to see a few inclusive figures for this line. I really enjoy the MUTANS. Thanks SideShow.

Unfortunately too many stinking Taylors brought this line down for me. Another disappointment was the lack of accessories. What happened to whips, knives, nets, and the infamous camera scene? A new sculpted gorilla would be nice.
POTA3.jpg
POTA.jpg

What Happened Sideshow?
POTA4.jpg

How about a Caesar 1:6? That would be cool.
POTA1.jpg

Or give us the MUTANTS LAIR with Missle worshipping fun! Make this into a two piece collectable display background.
POTA2.jpg

A nice Christmas Three pack of Apeonauts is calling!
POTA5.jpg

And how about a nice, lifelike collectable of the man himself?
roddy.jpg

Come On SideSHow! Better Ape Inclusives are Wanted!!!!!!!!!

Call me a bit dull or dim witted but... how does the Inclusive Edition serve our cause for more Apes? :confused:

I'm not so sure that is does. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I thank in advance ANYONE who can explain this to me. :D

I think the hope for the inclusive is that this would be an instance in which Sideshow could offer a figure and know ahead of time how many units to sell. Thereby lowering the risk of over-producing a figure. Unfortunately the only way they seem to be using the system right now is for figures they plan on making a monkey-butt load of.

But anything that it takes to get Apeonauts I'm all for... or at the very least their friggin' costumes!!!

I dunno... I just think that the Inclusive program is meant for items that have a broader appeal... so they won't exclude (i.e. piss off) a major portion of the prospective buyers. I don't think it would work for the smaller lines (i.e. Apes).

Lets just say that you had an Inclusive 4 day window for the Ape-O-Nauts. If Sideshow only got less than 300 orders, would that be considered a success? Would they still make them? Would there then be a regular version?

Maybe the Inclusive program would unfortunately reveal just how small the pond of interest buyers REALLY is. :eek:

Last edited:
PZ, I see the view that you are looking at it from and, from that perspective, I agree. I was hoping, however, that Sideshow would see fit to make inclusives to "complete" some of the lines left lying on the wayside. This would not inly benefit us ape-o-philes, but perhaps the TZ, OL and UM fans!!

Ironman1188 said:
I was hoping, however, that Sideshow would see fit to make inclusives to "complete" some of the lines left lying on the wayside.

I don't think that they will. I don't believe that is the intention of the Inclusive program.

I seems to me that Sideshow isn't interested in producing 12" figure edition with less than 500 whether is it to complete some holes in a collection or not. And it seems to me that many of the perceived holes fall in that catagory.

Hate to be the downer monkey but I'm trying to be realistic. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
For commercial reasons you are correct Protozaius, but as collectors we are not concerned, so much, with commercial concerns. Isn't that why credit was invented. :lol We are the dreamers, and Sideshow seek that connection. Let us be heard. I'm sure we are. Sideshow has the hard job of making those dreams viably commercial. Luckily the future is unknown and unwritten.

I was hoping that Dusty or somebody from Sideshow would chime in and give their take on this.

But I believe this thread has been LONG forgotten by the powers that be at Sideshow. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Protozaius said:
I was hoping that Dusty or somebody from Sideshow would chime in and give their take on this.

But I believe this thread has been LONG forgotten by the powers that be at Sideshow. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Perhaps, but then all the more reason to keep it emblazoned on page ONE. To let them know we are not giving up.

I think there is always hope. Sideshow is definitely very focused on their SW and LOTR lines, but I wouldn't be surprised if after things quite down they don't revisit some of their classic lines. They got a lot of mileage out of POTA and other lines so I hope they wouldn't completely abandon them.

Ironman1188 said:
Perhaps, but then all the more reason to keep it emblazoned on page ONE. To let them know we are not giving up.

Exactly... in the end that all we can do.

And I did FINALLY see the Toy Fare issue with the "Lawn Giver" joke. VERY funny. :lol :rotfl :lol

Protozaius said:
And I did FINALLY see the Toy Fare issue with the "Lawn Giver" joke. VERY funny. :lol :rotfl :lol

Glad you liked it... not the most sophisticated humor, but Ape related nonetheless :monkey1

Wow, a lot has happend. POTA inclusive? Huh? :confused: Whats all this?

I wonder if any SSC Reps read this thread. :stick

If they had, their wharehouses would be empty. :medic :rotfl

stickman said:
Wow, a lot has happend. POTA inclusive? Huh? :confused: Whats all this?

I wonder if any SSC Reps read this thread. :stick

If they had, their wharehouses would be empty. :medic :rotfl

Right now, its wishful thinking. But it could be a great way to appease the fans that feel their beloved lines have been abandoned, with less risk to the mfr.

Well, Stickman, I think the Inclusive Edtion program would only save the manufacturer from over producing an item... from being stuck with a bunch of unwanted product in their warehouses. However there's no insurance for manufacturer that there would be enough orders within the ordering window to actually warrant the figure's actual production. :eek:

But it's a beautiful dream, nevertheless. The Ape-O-Nauts Inclusive Edition has a wonderful ring to it. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Last edited:
Well, I know that this is a little off the APE subject but since most of my postings can be found here... I'd like to make my 1000th post here. This thread feels like home. :D

Frankly, I never thought I'd make it to the triple digits... I'm not much of a blogger, in fact Sideshow Freaks is the only place I post my thoughts. I posted at the Palisades forum for a while when those 4" Apes were on the drawing boards. We all know what happened to those poor sods. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Anyway, thanks for keeping it lively on the board and especially in this thread! Now I start the LONG road to 2K!!! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Back