Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other Gorilla looks to be a standard hunter/soldier Ape and Mademus looks outstanding.:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Snickertown hooked me up with some ape figure heads that I don't have. There's a generic gorilla, a female chimp and Mandemus!

Very cool stuff! I'm really looking forward to working with these!

Thanks so much Chris! I really appreciate the package!

ANG - You're welcome but it is I who should be thanking you.

KFOG - The gorilla in the center is indeed Julius. He as a little space in the corner of his mouth for a cigar. The female chimp I used for my Lisa figure from Conquest. Glad you like Mandemus.

IRON - I'll get a lil' care package together for you this week.

It has been posted on this forum, I'm sure its on other ones and if you ever bought from her you probably got an email, but....
ADA is going to sculpt the most requested head from votes she gets. The winning sculpt will be announced on May 27. I don't think there's enough of us to make a real dent in the total votes but there is a thread started [not by me] trying to establish the forum as one forceful push behind one sculpt. That sculpt is still up in the air. So, either we can try and get one from here or please, join in the mass effort for more heads.

ANG - You're welcome but it is I who should be thanking you.

KFOG - The gorilla in the center is indeed Julius. He as a little space in the corner of his mouth for a cigar. The female chimp I used for my Lisa figure from Conquest. Glad you like Mandemus.

IRON - I'll get a lil' care package together for you this week.

I was thinking that the female chimp looked a little like Lisa. Mandemus is my favorite one out of the bunch. He looks great.

Somebody in the Yahoo Apes group has been chatting up with Ada about making Burke/Virdon sculpts. Painted heads casts can go for $35 and unpainted would be $25, but the cost of the actual commission as you know would be over $200. Wondering if Snick or Angel should attempt to contact this guy--he would be another person in the Burke or Virdon pool. If this happens, Snick or Angel could chalk up another commission on their orders with Ada, eventually getting their sixth sculpt for free. Just a thought...or perhaps just wait and see what would happen if somebody does cough up the commission amount and then wait for the casts to be available.

Come to think of it, Snick, would you be able to provide casts of your Virdon sculpt to others who may want it?

Last edited:
It has been posted on this forum, I'm sure its on other ones and if you ever bought from her you probably got an email, but....
ADA is going to sculpt the most requested head from votes she gets. The winning sculpt will be announced on May 27. I don't think there's enough of us to make a real dent in the total votes but there is a thread started [not by me] trying to establish the forum as one forceful push behind one sculpt. That sculpt is still up in the air. So, either we can try and get one from here or please, join in the mass effort for more heads.

You should attach the thread here Ironman, so we can sway the vote.

It's Friday, and there's a 3 day weekend on the horizon! I expect to get lots done this weekend with regards to my many projects! :woo

Can't wait until this day is over. I was not able to accomplish anything yesterday and was exhausted by the whole ordeal I stayed home w/toddler and basically was a taxi driver all day. I thought I would be able to do a little sewing, but that was impossible. The only thing I was able to do was bake some cupcakes. This weekend I am hoping that I am able to sneak away from the kids and go to a thrift store to find some more material. I also have to tweak something for Duane and I have been unable to do that with my new schedule of trying to get to bed earlier.

Somebody in the Yahoo Apes group has been chatting up with Ada about making Burke/Virdon sculpts. Painted heads casts can go for $35 and unpainted would be $25, but the cost of the actual commission as you know would be over $200. Wondering if Snick or Angel should attempt to contact this guy--he would be another person in the Burke or Virdon pool. If this happens, Snick or Angel could chalk up another commission on their orders with Ada, eventually getting their sixth sculpt for free. Just a thought...or perhaps just wait and see what would happen if somebody does cough up the commission amount and then wait for the casts to be available.

Come to think of it, Snick, would you be able to provide casts of your Virdon sculpt to others who may want it?

JESS - I'd be more than happy to cast Virdon.

I'm dying for Ada to make Burke. I've already contacted the Yahoo guy. He seems at a loss because of the $230 price.

Ironman, thanks for that link regarding the thread about the free sculpt. Do you know what the deadline is to submit your vote? I want to help out with my vote and make sure it counts towards something. My loyalty is for the apes, but I don't want to waste it if it will help somebody on this forum.

Playing the devil's advocate, what if we send out a request to the apes yahoo group for a specific ape and totally stuff the ballot that way? OK...Just an evil thought. Strike that.

Ironman, thanks for that link regarding the thread about the free sculpt. Do you know what the deadline is to submit your vote? I want to help out with my vote and make sure it counts towards something. My loyalty is for the apes, but I don't want to waste it if it will help somebody on this forum.

Playing the devil's advocate, what if we send out a request to the apes yahoo group for a specific ape and totally stuff the ballot that way? OK...Just an evil thought. Strike that.

That works for me.

JESS - I'd be more than happy to cast Virdon.

I'm dying for Ada to make Burke. I've already contacted the Yahoo guy. He seems at a loss because of the $230 price.

Hey Snick! That Virdon looks pretty nice. His eyes are a little too blue to me, but the rest looks great.:cool:

It would be cheaper (for you) to mail just the heads without the bodies. (Ape heads only Ironman, no human heads.)

I'm not sure what I should charge to do this dentistry work/plastic surgery, but all the shipping costs will be paid by you. I'm thinking $12 per head + your shipping costs.

What do of think of that? Please let me know.

Yes. that sounds more than fair. Once I get the money together, I'd like to send you a couple of Zaius heads. The work you did on your Zaius is simply stunning. I like the fact that it is opened just slightly.

Still no word on my Lawgiver from my painter. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Boy, it took over an hour to read ALL of the posts since the last time I posted here. So much to react to... I too have had my share of Hospital woes. I just got the bill for my son's trip to the ER and it was nearly 5K... including a $700 ambulance ride. :(

Don't know how much my insurance company will pay for it... we will get the final bill soon. I'm trying not to stress out about it. As I read from you guys (Sticks and Angel) that might not be a good thing.

The gorilla in the center is indeed Julius. He as a little space in the corner of his mouth for a cigar. The female chimp I used for my Lisa figure from Conquest. Glad you like Mandemus.

I seen that "Julius" before... wasn't he part of a three figure garage kit called "Captured" or something like that? It had a decent sculpt of Slave Taylor and two Gorillas.

And Mandemus looks very cool indeed. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

PZ--I just got back from lunch. I am here, though.
Hey Jess... I was beginning to think that all of the Apes here left for the Forbidden Zone to wage war against the Mutants while I was just some chimp left behind at Ape City. :D

Back