Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been up since 4am. Little guy got sick overnight. Trying to help out me older 2 with school projects, don't know why children always wait to the last minute....
I'll be in and out throughout the day as I can.

Anyone working on some Ape projects today? I plan on seeing Indiana Jones and then Barbequing Ribs and Burgers on the grill.:whip

My wife and kids went to see Indiana Jones today. I didn't go. I'm working on the poles that attach the 1st horse to the wagon. I was painting Armando earlier, but his skin tone looks like crap. I have to find some good skin tone acrylic paints. It discouraged me and I just gave up. Maybe Les Walker can recommend some good skin tone colors. :gun

Last edited:
Yesterday I was made to go to my inlaw's place and was stuck there until 5:30, and then when we got home I went straight to bed after taking some tylenol. I guess I have a bad cold now. I wanted to go to the thrift store yesterday, but couldn't make it.

I have to go to a special mass later for my high school French teacher, Sister Agnes. It will be her 70th anniversary as a Dominican sister, so I can't miss that. I am going to go out in half hour to get myself to the thrift store, so I can at least forage for material.

I want to see Indiana Jones, but I will wait for a couple more weeks and see it when all the hoopla has died down. Kfog, BBQ sounds fun. We were invited to one today in San Jose (but that's an hour's drive away), and I didn't really feel like going. Plus, I have that mass at 2PM. Guess we will have to take a raincheck.

Been up since 4am. Little guy got sick overnight. Trying to help out me older 2 with school projects, don't know why children always wait to the last minute....
I'll be in and out throughout the day as I can.

I had way too much sleep yesterday, so I didn't get myself to bed until 12:30 am, and then I couldn't sleep until way after 2 AM. :monkey2

The last moment madness is such a pain in the butt--and then they want you to help them out!!

See you later guys. I have to get myself ready and my little one wants to get onto the computer to play computer games. Hope your little guy feels better soon, Ironman. I will send members of the ape council a PM.

I just sent a message to ape council. I had to break it into two. I am rushing, so if you didn't receive a PM, it's because I forgot to add you so my apologies. Please read it and help me do something about it. I'm going to send out a plea to members of the MM even if I have been rubbing people the wrong way over there because I keep doing non-mego stuff.

Jess - You may want to check this out... this is the 1st of many tutorials on the Internet that I've started to read. If you and I start applying these techniques of dry brushing and washing (along with using good brushes and paints) we should see big improvements as our experience grows.

I picked up a few new paints from a couple companies called Model Master and Games Workshop. I'm hoping that I can get the results that I'm picturing in my head. I want flesh to look like flesh… :gun

Hi Mark! I was trying to track down a step by step painting process for you that I had bookmarked at one time.

Hi Angel! Can you give me the name of the tags that you got from Patches of pride? The only kind that I can find with the black background with white lettering is on cardstock.:confused:

Jess - You may want to check this out... this is the 1st of many tutorials on the Internet that I've started to read. If you and I start applying these techniques of dry brushing and washing (along with using good brushes and paints) we should see big improvements as our experience grows.

I picked up a few new paints from a couple companies called Model Master and Games Workshop. I'm hoping that I can get the results that I'm picturing in my head. I want flesh to look like flesh… :gun

Where's the tutorial? Kfog--I barely had a glance at yours. Is it the same tutorial?

I have to hussle and eat something before we go. We are leaving in 10 minutes. I went to Goodwill and found two items that I will use for Burke/Virdon pants. I also found a $3.99 military-inspired shirt for me that fits perfectly. :banana I am awaiting Angel's fabric for Virdon's shirt, but I think I found something that could work as well--only there wasn't that much material (sleeves of a shirt) in that cotton crinkle that I have been searching for.

Back