Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what? They almost look like a darker Chamois color. Like the rags made out of sheepskin that you get in the Automotive departments.

You know what? They almost look like a darker Chamois color. Like the rags made out of sheepskin that you get in the Automotive departments.

It's funny you mention that KFog. I almost bought some Chamois material at Wal-Mart, but I was low on cash. It feels like a very thin, soft leather that could probably be dyed and used as clothing. (I was thinking more for Nova and the other human mutes.)

Last edited:
I wish that I did. I am running low on money or else I would go get some.

Most of you now have those custom Ursus helmets, and I haven't seen one picture from any of you. Are any of you guys having troubles getting the Sideshow helemts off your Ursus figure? :gun

Most of you now have those custom Ursus helmets, and I haven't seen one picture from any of you. Are any of you guys having troubles getting the Sideshow helemts off your Ursus figure? :gun

No, just no time this weekend to get anything put together. 10 hrs outside in the yard, under a blazing sun pretty much killed off my day. And thats two things I hate. Outside and the sun.

I lack sufficient strength to remove the helmet. I have to ask my human to do that for me...

Hi Jess! I think that Angel did a "Supberb" job on the helmet, don'tcha think?:monkey1

Oh, and he also corrected the flap too. Angel has a very keen eye for detail! Give all Bravos to Mark!

Angel, now take a bow!

I lack sufficient strength to remove the helmet. I have to ask my human to do that for me...

Jess - I just found a General Ursus (still in the box) tucked away that I had forgot all about. I opened it up and tried removing this helmet and lacked the strength and the grippage. I locked some vice grips on the helmet (NOT HIS FACE) and twisted the helmet a few times back and forth and it popped off. If you ruin the helmet, so what. You're replacing it anyways...

Nice pix Kfog. The helmet looks great. It does still make me angry that Sideshow screwed up Ursus holster too though!!
I'll try and see if I can get anything hobby related accomplished today. Time....how fleeting it can be. :monkey2

I'll try and see if I can get anything hobby related accomplished today. Time....how fleeting it can be. :monkey2

This is what I did yesterday. I found a pair of pants at Goodwill that had a good shade of brown for Burke's pants. That specific shade of brown is very difficult to find, and I think what I found comes pretty close to Angel's screenshots.

Do you guys think it should have a seam both sides of each pants leg, or just the inside part? I can do either--I just couldn't see this aspect too clearly from Angel's screenshots. Just let me know which you prefer. The pants I made have a seam on both sides of each pants leg, because the pair of pants I bought with the figure came that way.
IMG_3552.jpg

I knew that they both had weird outside pockets. I'm going to add that to Burke's on the right side, as in your third photo.

This is what I did yesterday. I found a pair of pants at Goodwill that had a good shade of brown for Burke's pants. That specific shade of brown is very difficult to find, and I think what I found comes pretty close to Angel's screenshots.

Do you guys think it should have a seam both sides of each pants leg, or just the inside part? I can do either--I just couldn't see this aspect too clearly from Angel's screenshots. Just let me know which you prefer. The pants I made have a seam on both sides of each pants leg, because the pair of pants I bought with the figure came that way.
IMG_3552.jpg

I'd like to see him with the vest Jess. Let me access those pictures of his pants again. My memory isn't too good.

Here are some pictures from the TV series on Burkes pants. The last ones shows the "crazy pocket" (If there was one on the left and the right I'd wonder if he had his pants on the backwards.) :lol

Let's compare.

I think these pants will work out good. However, They currently look brand new as if Burke just bought them at JC Penney’s. They really need some distressing and dirtying up. I know that JUNGLE can tell us how to do that...

Last edited:
I didn't put the vest because I'm waiting for your material. Your memory is better than mine though. Sharp as a tack.

Hey...when do you hear about the Ada Chan results?

Back