Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Jessica! You are doing some intensive research for everyone. I hope to see you well rewarded.

Hi Angel! Can you give me the name of the tags that you got from Patches of pride? The only kind that I can find with the black background with white lettering is on cardstock.:confused:

KFog - he doesn't have the nametag colors that you want dispalyed on the Internet. Write him and tell him what color letters (and background) you'd like. He'll write you back and help you out.

Where's the tutorial? Kfog--I barely had a glance at yours. Is it the same tutorial?

I have to hussle and eat something before we go. We are leaving in 10 minutes. I went to Goodwill and found two items that I will use for Burke/Virdon pants. I also found a $3.99 military-inspired shirt for me that fits perfectly. :banana I am awaiting Angel's fabric for Virdon's shirt, but I think I found something that could work as well--only there wasn't that much material (sleeves of a shirt) in that cotton crinkle that I have been searching for.

Jess- that box of cloth was so heavy that I send it flat rate about 7 days ago. You'll be getting it sometime this week...

Jess - You may want to check this out... this is the 1st of many tutorials on the Internet that I've started to read. If you and I start applying these techniques of dry brushing and washing (along with using good brushes and paints) we should see big improvements as our experience grows.

I picked up a few new paints from a couple companies called Model Master and Games Workshop. I'm hoping that I can get the results that I'm picturing in my head. I want flesh to look like flesh… :gun

Oops Jess - Forgot the address...

https://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/PaintingTips.html

KFog - he doesn't have the nametag colors that you want dispalyed on the Internet. Write him and tell him what color letters (and background) you'd like. He'll write you back and help you out.

Hi Mark! I actually allready have written them concerning that. Thanks for the heads up though! Also, Have you mailed the package to me yet? Thanks!:gun:whip:moon:zzwhip

I'm achy from the flu and I'm turning in early guys. I hope tomorrow I can start sewing again. Glad it's a holiday. I also want to check out both sites just posted regarding painting--I love seeing how-to's, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Jungle--I remembered today that I forgot to cc you to the PM for the members of Ape Council, but it was not a big deal. I already posted the request in the yahoo apes group. Sorry about that. I am not getting the response I want.

Can't wait to see the material for Virdon, Angel.

Ironman, I sent you an e-mail.

hello you crazy apers,

i drop in here from time to time to check on all of your wonderful customs you pull off. and i must say all of yall's work is strictly "top shelf". but i was wondering why you dont post in the customs section as well????? i know you have your own little niche here but why not spread the monkey love...:monkey3. (that didnt sound right :lol) seriously though, the talent in this section could transcend to other applications in the custom world. or...........should they seek you all out?

Excellent work on those open mouth Zaiuses, Angel! It really gives the sculpt character. So glad you are offering this to your Ape brethren. :banana :banana :banana

Geez... I can't decide which one I like better (could I get both? :rolleyes:):

First Open-Mouth Zaius
zaiusopenmouth1sidebf5.jpg
zaiusopenmouth1vg0.jpg

Second Open-Mouth Zaius
zaiusopenmouth2sideex8.jpg
zaiusopenmouth2ww6.jpg

I'll be sending some Ape heads your way VERY soon. I was hoping to get my re-painted heads back soon so I could send you those to work on. In any event, I will be sending some heads well within the two-week period. Get the operating table ready.

I was just a taking a break from the ape wagons (once again) and thought I'd look at my list of future projects that I want to accomplish at some point soon. I really think that my next two projects, after finishing these wagons, are going to be doing the Battle for the Planet of the Apes Caesar statue and the other artful partition for the tribunal scene.

After reading some articles on the Internet concerning some recommended high quality paint from companies such as: Testors, Tamiya, Model Master and Games Workshop/Citadel, I just ordered some flesh tone color paint. I’m hoping to get Armando looking as lifelike as possible. I can stand much improvement painting the flesh tones.

Well, gotta go… I have to take care of some things around the home. Later ape fans.:angelsmil

Angel, I'm going to send you my Dr. Zaius within the 2-week timeframe. Like PZ said, please get the operating table ready. Seeing the two types of operations, I love the one that is barely open.

Jess.

I was just a taking a break from the ape wagons (once again) and thought I'd look at my list of future projects that I want to accomplish at some point soon. I really think that my next two projects, after finishing these wagons, are going to be doing the Battle for the Planet of the Apes Caesar statue and the other artful partition for the tribunal scene.

After reading some articles on the Internet concerning some recommended high quality paint from companies such as: Testors, Tamiya, Model Master and Games Workshop/Citadel, I just ordered some flesh tone color paint. I’m hoping to get Armando looking as lifelike as possible. I can stand much improvement painting the flesh tones.

Well, gotta go… I have to take care of some things around the home. Later ape fans.:angelsmil

Are you serious, Angel? You're really going to create the Caesar statue? Was that on your previous list? That would be cool to see!!

Hi Jess. I can't wait to see how Angels material turned out.
Angel, is the material that you sent Jess allready dyed to the specific colors of Burke and Virdon?:confused:

Hey Angel and Jess, check this Burke auction out and let me know what you think of the pants! Are they close to the TV version?

MEGO PLANET OF THE APES CUSTOM HUMAN OUTFIT (TV SERIES) Item number: 140235898959

Are you serious, Angel? You're really going to create the Caesar statue? Was that on your previous list? That would be cool to see!!

Yes! That Caesar statue was on my previous list! I've always liked that statue and a 1/6 scale statue would be just awesome to me. I'm getting older day by day, and I don't think Sideshow is going to make us one. I'll have to see what damage I can do...

:acme

Angel, is the material that you sent Jess allready dyed to the specific colors of Burke and Virdon?:confused:

Yeah - I dyed the material best I could to the specific colors of Burke and Virdon. We don't have to use it. It seems as though Jessica has a way of always finding the best material. I consider it an option for her as something that might be used. I'd be interested in seeing the material see just located for Virdon's shirts. (I think I got that right.)

Last edited:
Kfog, I had the hardest time trying to get the exact brown to match for Burke's pants. I think I have something close. I guess that outfit would work for any human for the tv series, but not for Burke. Are you going to purchase it? Oh...I see who sewed it now. It's Dave LePage.

I also had the hardest time trying to get the exact shade to match Virdon's pants.

When I get the material that Angel dyed (thank you so much for doing that), I will put the material I found next to his and then you can let me know which is better. The material I found does not have the "weave" of that machine shop cloth. It's a tighter weave and it's a crinkle cotton.

Last edited:
I was just referring to the color of the pants for Burke. I was not talking about the whole outfit. I still think that the weave on the shop rag material would work just fine. I would still like to see Jessica's also though. :peace

Back