Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the quicktime that I needed to upgrade/update.

I saw the star trek one three times...I only got to watch the commercial once, and then I ran out of time--had to hussle and get the kids to school. I am dying to watch it again, but they said we couldn't watch streaming videos at work. Darn. Have to wait until I get home.

Probably because Naughton has done other things [HEY! Anyone but me remember Trauma Center?] while Harper hasn't really been seen in the limelight. Naughton was Judith Light's husband on Who's the Boss?, done some stage and other TV work....
Don't get me wrong, Harper will forever be Virdon to me, but also Lt. Garrison, and the uncle on Land of the Lost.

Also James Naughton is a much celebrated star on Broadway winning TWO Tony Awards for "City of Angels" and "Chicago". He also is an accomplished stage director as well... he has directed one of my favorite plays of all time, "Our Town"... with his personal friend Paul Newman in the role of the Stage Manager.

He also recently played the husband of Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada.

Last edited:
Second season.

I hate to correct you, Ironman... but it was the third season. The first two seasons of Land of the Lost had Spencer Milligan (who HATED being on that show) as the Rick Marshall. I know this because my son has recently discovered the show. That's painful TV viewing right there. :(

When I met Ron Harper, I remember him telling me that he thought that Land Of the Lost was better wrtten that the POTA TV series. Ouch.

I would hate to have to watch through episodes of Land of the Lost---seeing photos of the sleekstacks that IM posted---jeepers, I used to love that show. I can't imagine having to watch it again. I think I would have to be strapped down first and hooked up like that guy in Clockwork Orange.

No battle tonight my brethren. This was over before it began. I watched it on the OSW and even here on the Freaks board. The debate over what head should be chosen. The constant going over of heads already made [a waste of an opportunity like this IMHO] or ones that were stated as "weaker" for Ada, etc..
All the while we stood together and voted as one. Thats wher all the rest fell short.
I don't know whether we could pull this off again, or how often Ada offers this chance [if she does at all] but could Virdon be next? I would love to see what she could do with an ape head....:rolleyes:

I agree... there was a lot of debate. Too many choices that inevitably divided the votes across the board. That left the field W I D E open for members of "a little thread that could" with a fixed agenda to be victorious. :D

Well done Apes! :banana :banana :banana

I wonder if fellow board members will resent our win?

I would hate to have to watch through episodes of Land of the Lost---seeing photos of the sleekstacks that IM posted---jeepers, I used to love that show. I can't imagine having to watch it again. I think I would have to be strapped down first and hooked up like that guy in Clockwork Orange.

You got it, sister!!! :horror :horror :horror

I am still prepared for an attack from the disgruntled, when they find out exactly who James Naughton is. It's kind of scary...

Thank you, PZ. Surely I will never forget yesterday, when the announcement was made and we won this minor battle...The whole stadium stood and applauded wildly...the gorillas beat their clubs in a frenzy---the entire crowd cheered and the throng could be heard for miles around. Oh what a glorious glorious day...

Last edited:
Oh, I've been so busy, but I don't want to not follow through.

Angel, I know it doesn't do the Awesome Helmet sculpt that you created, and I know that the picture is not as clear I I could make it, but here is a quick picture of the beautiful Ursus Helmet that our Notorious Angel has created. It surpasses the SS model by far and should be sought after by every Ape fan.

Thank You so much Mark!!!!!!

Photo130.jpg

Say, Isn't he the guy who cut me off in traffic this morning?:rotfl

Hi Adam, Mark, and Jess! I added you all as friends on Facebook. I think that Adam has to accept mine according to the site.:gun

I haven't seen anything. Sticks!! Get back to me when you can. I pm'd you as well. My email is available right off my screen name if you left click on it.

It helps a little, IM. I can see that the bottom parts of his pants are frayed, but I can't tell if there is a seam that goes down the side of his pants. So, I will take artistic liberties and I will remove the seam. Makes the pants look less formal.

Angel, I forgot to tell you from all the excitement yesterday, that the box of fabrics have been delivered. I will try to put something together from your box of fabrics sometime this weekend, if I stay to my early to bed routine.

Yup. I keep peeking but nobody's in site. I went home today early because I felt like crap at the office--I have a very bad cold. And I have pink eye. Whoopie for me.

Back