Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome spekerol.

Guys, I am working on Virdon's outfit, and check out the funky pocket photograph I found on Kassidy's site:

ts3_328x246.jpg

Hi Jess! Don't the pockets look to be turned inside out? I think that it was the intention to look that way!:confused:

Here is a photo of the outfit. The shirt he is wearing is the fabric I found. There's barely any of it, so I hope I can tweak some more shirts out of it.
virdon004.jpg

This is a photo of the two fabrics that you dyed on the bottom right of the photo. I didn't get a chance to make any shirts out of them, but I think they would work too if I ran out of fabric I found. The fabric I found is not an entire shirt--it's only the long sleeves of a girls shirt. His pants are 100% wool and were cut out of a mens suit found at Goodwill. I used the wrong side of the fabric for the right side of the pants because the weave was finer. His vest is a fake leather material, and I need to put Fray-stop on the edges so it won't fray.

I hate how my camera is taking worse and worse photos.

virdon008.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Jess, that's totally awsome. Angel, great job on the colors. I am drooling with anticipation.:monkey5

Check this out guys!

This is an ORIGINAL studio issued still (photograph) to the 1970 film Beneath The Planet Of The Apes. Measuring in at the standard size of 8 X 10 inches, the overall condition is mint old stock. NO tears. NO pinholes. NO cello tape.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230110834752&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=013

I just bought this little gem to use as reference when it comes time to build that staircase! :cool:

Angel, I forgot to say congrats on your new purchase. That's totally cool.

Jess - Virdon's outfit is looking really good. If you are going to make a skirt for (SS) Zira and you're looking for some more appliance cash you can put me down for one.

ANG - The wagons look great. I mailed out a check today for the misc. stuff. I'll order that apoxie too. BTW, the Beneath picture looks great.

I discovered something during sewing yesterday that I wanted to share with the sewing circle!! After you sew up the seams of the pants, it's better that you iron them flat to expose the seam and flatten out the fabric. You can iron the seams flat after sewing the legs together but then you have to deal with pleats, and Virdon/Burke with pleats would look goofy. I made up my own "ironing ham" by stuffing my toddler's sock inside the pants leg and ironing the seams.

Aw shucks, thanks Angel. Did you guys know that I learned how to sew in highschool for a class elective?

Hello All,

I am writing to announce that I will no longer be an active participant on this web site. I thank you all for your sincereness, and generosity. You are all very unique and have brought me much happiness over the past two years. My reasoning is personal and I need to dedicate more time to myself and my future. If at a later date I have the free time maybe I'll be able to stop by and say hello to the great people in this thread. I wish you all the best of luck. Stay strong, stay united. Long live the Apes!

Sincerely,

Adam

Adam,

It is the end of something simple and the beginning of everything else.

Cheers, and the best of luck to you.

Jess.

My heart is sinking... losing a friend hurts... You'll be missed Adam.

I'm hoping you just need a breather and that you'll be back sooner than you indicated. I wish you all the best buddy and look forward to hearing from you again hear at Ape City.

~Mark~ :angelsmil

Adam, I've been absent too much of late, but already miss you. You were with me in the beginning and I feel as if I am a limb short. I hope all works out for you. PLEASE keep in touch. You have my email. Anytime you need to my friend. Anytime.

Angel--can't wait to see those ape wagons completed. They will be fantastic.

I cut up the parts of Virdon's pants, and I'm just lining the edges with Fray Stop because I hate when the edges fray. I will probably sew them up tonight and put the finishing touches tomorrow.

I still need to cut up the parts for Burke's pants. I kind of have many projects going at the same time because I get bored...

Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Oops! Almost forgot... I worked on the Armando heads today. Now, these colors on the sculpt are only the base coats, and it's NOT much to look at. I have to build on this.

I have so much more to do with Armando as I attempt to bring him to life. It doesn't come easy, painting is something that really takes time.

Oh wow..I see that you started with a lighter base coat than you did for Burke...or did this Armando have that on the very underneath? Painting these guys are really really tough. I guess if you practice enough it will be faster.

Back