Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the some pics of the pants I finished last night for Virdon. I didn't put a hem on the pants legs because I didn't think they were hemmed from what I saw on the photo references. And I can't remember which side, but one of the pants legs are split on the very bottom of the seam on purpose (unless you want me to sew them up)...just trying to be screen-accurate. You are looking at the back of the pants on the very edges of the photo, in case you are wondering what happened to the funky pocket.

JESS - The Virdon pants look great. BTW, you might get an email from Simianchat' s Rob Reading. He was interested in a Pete Burke outfit. He would also be making a donation to the "Appliance Fund."

Ada didn't send me an email either about Burke's progress.

BTW, check out this site for some rare ape pix.

https://www.supertouchart.com/2008/01/09/pariscolettelost-on-dennis-stocks-planet-of-the-apes/

Guys, I have to re-do the top part of Virdon's pants. I saw a photo of it late last night while double-checking Burke's pants, and I realized that Virdon had a waistband with loops. Have to add that, or it won't feel right...so you'll have to wait another weekend.

As for Burke's pants, I cut all the pieces and sewed together four of them last night. Tonight if I can, I will add the waistband and belt loops to them.

Last edited:
Snick--I have been trying to locate some fabric for Armando's pants. This morning I tried on a pair of unflattering pants and decided that I will cut those up for Armando's pants. The fabric is a lightweight cotton and I think the color is great. Have to find photos of Armando's pants...

You guys, this thread is so darn long...I'm going to have to start taking notes!! I found photos of Armando's pants from both Kfog and Angel. The material I found this morning is a match or a close one.

OK. Guess I'm busy chattering with myself again!

Anyhoo...just wanted to let you know, Angel, that Dr. Z and General Ursus are in da haus!! They look freaking fantastic. I can't believe how great they turned out! :bowAnd, they were EXPERTLY wrapped, I might add...kind of embarassed how I slapped mine together and sent it to you in the mail!!! The checks are there, too, as we discussed.

Seems I can't get any customizing done tonight. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 Being the piano police for two boys, making dinner and now washing up the kitchen totally sucked away my precious time. I guess while I put on my cleaning crew hat and polish up the kitchen, I can think about how I'm going to be sewing up those waistbands...:monkey2 I'm going to be the waistband expert when I'm done :mwaha I have 9 waistbands to attach....:violin

PZ, I sent you a PM...

Last edited:
Snick--I have been trying to locate some fabric for Armando's pants. This morning I tried on a pair of unflattering pants and decided that I will cut those up for Armando's pants. The fabric is a lightweight cotton and I think the color is great. Have to find photos of Armando's pants...

JESS - Glad you found the photos and the fabric! Armando is going to look great. Do the boys enjoy playing the piano or is it more of a chore for them?

Lastly, did you ever wander around Malibu Creek State Park?

JESS - Glad you found the photos and the fabric! Armando is going to look great. Do the boys enjoy playing the piano or is it more of a chore for them?

Lastly, did you ever wander around Malibu Creek State Park?

The piano is a chore still...and will be for many years to come. Someday maybe their wives will thank me...

I have never been around Malibu Creek State Park, but I have seen Tim's and Rory's photos of where the movie was filmed. It's mighty impressive to see it in photos--

Angel--where ya been? Any photos of your updated works in progress? I need to see some ape goodness...although I can always just look at my updated Dr. Zaius and General Ursus heads...

I'll try to post photos of the new ape heads tonight when I get home...seeing them up close--truly they are works of art.

Oh no... Jess just informed me that Adam has left Ape City. :horror :horror :horror

Boy... what a shock. His artistry will SORELY be missed in this thread. I sure hope everything is okay with him.

I need to go back and read the posts I've missed since I last posted....

Anyway, I hope that one day very soon he will find his way out of the Forbidden Zone and back to Ape City. :eek:

Maybe the day he receives Angel's wagon he might pay us a visit. :D

Oh no... Jess just informed me that Adam has left Ape City. :horror :horror :horror

Boy... what a shock. His artistry will SORELY be missed in this thread. I sure hope everything is okay with him.

I need to go back and read the posts I've missed since I last posted....

Anyway, I hope that one day very soon he will find his way out of the Forbidden Zone and back to Ape City. :eek:

Maybe the day he receives Angel's wagon he might pay us a visit. :D

I have no doubt that when he receives the wagon from Angel, he will make a brief visit...

Angel--I got your timesensitive e-mail. GEEEEEEEZZZZ!! I hate this!

Must....not.....purchase....but......want.....to.. ..purchase......

My hand is reaching for my plastic nemesis...everything is in slow motion....will I remember this after it's said and done?

What have I done? :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Good God!

I'm sweating buckets...

What have I done????? Angel....what have I done???? :banghead :banghead :banghead

I chickened out at the last possible moment. I really want those...but I can't!!

I'm going to check tomorrow. If they are still there, then it was meant to be. If not, something better will come along. I am sure of it!!

Here are Dr. Zaius photos, after his cosmetic dental surgery by the grand master himself, Angelofmusic2112:

zaius008.jpg

zaius002.jpg

Sorry no photos of General Ursus. I still have to paint his helmet and add the leather flaps...

Have you guys ever compared the size of Dr. Zaius's face to General Ursus's face? Why is General Ursus's face so much smaller? They look goofy together...I don't think they'll photograph well together...I wanted to photograph them talking to each other, but I'm not sure it will work....

Back