Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which paints did you end going with? Testors? How do you like it? Is it water-based? Do you use an acrylic thinner? How about acrylic paint extenders?

Hello All,

I am writing to announce that I will no longer be an active participant on this web site. I thank you all for your sincereness, and generosity. You are all very unique and have brought me much happiness over the past two years.

Adam

STiCKS - Keep updating that Facebook! You have the crew from SSF rooting for you.

ANG - The wagz is soooo close! I'm thinking Zira would look great sitting on it. Maybe toss up a little display. Who knows?

JESS - Virdon is outstanding. You put that together in record time. BTW, I heard about the heatwave CA and hope you are managing to stay cool.

Oh wow...the painting sounds really exciting. I took a painting class in college and I don't work fast enough with acrylic, so I always have to buy extenders...and I'm not sure if I like water as a thinner.

Good news, guys...I was hoping to have enough fabric for Virdon's shirt, and I did! Tomorrow I will sew the shirts if I am able to. I finished four pairs of Virdon's pants and have already put the snaps on them. Then onto Virdon's vests.

For Burke, I only need to bang out the pants, and I can send them all out soon! I want to take photos of all of the pants. They look kind of cool grouped together.

Forgot to say good luck, Angel. Painting should be relaxing, but when it's not coming right it stresses me out.

Angel - Thanks for the heads up on the Mendez jacket. It looks awesome!

I missed the post, and can't find it, How do I see the Commercial/film? Thanks.

Last edited:
Angel, I forgot to say that when I was painting my Taylor, I used the darkest brown color for the underneath layer--just like you did for Burke...and kept painting on top of that. Of course, the first couple of times it was very horrible and I peeled the paint off and started all over. I ended up with a pool of flesh-colored paint on the center of my dessert plate, and then I mixed different tints of color on the edges of the paint--added reds to get the blush, and also reds/browns tp get various tints. I still can't get the hang of this "drybrush" technique...it's really hard for me to achieve that concept.

I purchased a Cornelius enlarged Medicom head for my Mego and I will try to paint him up when I get to it just because the Mego Cornelius is so very wrong looking.

I am having too much fun sewing these costumes, though...

Good news, guys...I was hoping to have enough fabric for Virdon's shirt, and I did! Tomorrow I will sew the shirts if I am able to. I finished four pairs of Virdon's pants and have already put the snaps on them. Then onto Virdon's vests.

For Burke, I only need to bang out the pants, and I can send them all out soon! I want to take photos of all of the pants. They look kind of cool grouped together.

JESS - That is fantastic news! It takes real talent to do the fugutive versions of Burke/Virdon. I can't thank you enough.

ANG - Armando is looking good. Can't wait to see him finished. I know you'll killz it.

Hello All,

I am writing to announce that I will no longer be an active participant on this web site. I thank you all for your sincereness, and generosity. You are all very unique and have brought me much happiness over the past two years. My reasoning is personal and I need to dedicate more time to myself and my future. If at a later date I have the free time maybe I'll be able to stop by and say hello to the great people in this thread. I wish you all the best of luck. Stay strong, stay united. Long live the Apes!

Sincerely,

Adam

It is with great sadness that I read this post. Sticks, you were one of the first to welcome me to this thread. I hope all goes well with you in the future.

You have great talent and are a wonderful filmmaker. I hope you can put your talents to use and work towards a career in the visual arts. You have all the tools to make it, so just forge ahead and work at it.

Good luck in all you do, my friend.

All my best...

Jungle.

Kfog--the blue shirt for Burke was already that color. I didn't have to dye it. I have not tried my hand at dyeing anything. I prefer to root for fabric that is already the right color...but I know being able to dye fabric is a good tool to have under your belt.

Here are the some pics of the pants I finished last night for Virdon. I didn't put a hem on the pants legs because I didn't think they were hemmed from what I saw on the photo references. And I can't remember which side, but one of the pants legs are split on the very bottom of the seam on purpose (unless you want me to sew them up)...just trying to be screen-accurate. You are looking at the back of the pants on the very edges of the photo, in case you are wondering what happened to the funky pocket.

virdon017.jpg

virdon016.jpg

SNICK - With the current paint that's on my Armando and no real details, Armando looks just awful to me (in a good way though). The different skin tones, hair colorings, some "blush" and some eyes will enhance him dramatically. Let's see if I can do it...

Angel, I have seen your gorillas. You will do it. :banana

Did you guys get an e-mail from Ada saying that the James Naughton sculpt was almost done? I am wondering how it's going to look...this is scary and exciting. Scary because you want it to look spot on...exciting because it's almost a reality.

Did you guys get an e-mail from Ada saying that the James Naughton sculpt was almost done? I am wondering how it's going to look...this is scary and exciting. Scary because you want it to look spot on...exciting because it's almost a reality.

No, not yet, but I am most anxious as well.

Somebody from the POTA yahoo groups just mentioned that they received an e-mail stating that she was almost done with the sculpt. I never receive any of these announcements, so I was just wondering....gee, my nerves are as shot as when she was announcing the results! Need to learn to relax...

Hi Adam! I really hope that everything is O'kay with you! I know that this thread will not be the same without you. Please send me a PM sometimes and also here to keep us updated. Take care Buddy, Kent.:confused:

I am going to miss you my friend! You pics are always awesome! Please stay in touch when you can and email me from time to time!
Your friend
John

Hello All,

I am writing to announce that I will no longer be an active participant on this web site. I thank you all for your sincereness, and generosity. You are all very unique and have brought me much happiness over the past two years. My reasoning is personal and I need to dedicate more time to myself and my future. If at a later date I have the free time maybe I'll be able to stop by and say hello to the great people in this thread. I wish you all the best of luck. Stay strong, stay united. Long live the Apes!

Sincerely,

Adam

OMG Jess! That's it! That outfit and coloring of the shirt is amazing! You nailed it!

By the way, my wife was checking out the cape you made for Zira and she had nothing but wonderful things to say about your advanced sewing skills. Keep up the great work! :)

I agree with Angel Jess, that outfit is dead on! I am interested in seeing what you are going to do for the shoes.

Back