Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honey, do you think these are ripe enough to eat?

zaius011-1.jpg

Sorry no photos of General Ursus. I still have to paint his helmet and add the leather flaps...

Have you guys ever compared the size of Dr. Zaius's face to General Ursus's face? Why is General Ursus's face so much smaller? They look goofy together...I don't think they'll photograph well together...I wanted to photograph them talking to each other, but I'm not sure it will work....

Yeah, it's hard not to notice the good General's shortcomings when compared to the mighty Zaius! :rolleyes:

I must admit Ursus is my least favorite of the Sideshow Apes. Why... oh why didn't Mat Falls sculpt him!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

When Ursus was originally announced, I really hoped the Sideshow would knock the figure out of the ball park. I felt that if done right, he could have singled handedly re-vitalized the whole POTA line.

Unfortunately that was not the case. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Yeah, it's hard not to notice the good General's shortcomings when compared to the mighty Zaius! :rolleyes:

I must admit Ursus is my least favorite of the Sideshow Apes. Why... oh why didn't Mat Falls sculpt him!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead

When Ursus was originally announced, I really hoped the Sideshow would knock the figure out of the ball park. I felt that if done right, he could have singled handedly re-vitalized the whole POTA line.

Unfortunately that was not the case. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

That is pretty darn sad...I too do not have much love for the SS General Ursus...but then he's the best General Ursus ever made if you compare him to all the other ones....

Snick--did you get a General Urko sculpt made? Is that next on the list for commission?? I would love to replace the General Ursus head with a good Urko sculpt. By then I might have a dremel and I can work Angel's helmet onto the new sculpt...

Snick--did you get a General Urko sculpt made? Is that next on the list for commission?? I would love to replace the General Ursus head with a good Urko sculpt. By then I might have a dremel and I can work Angel's helmet onto the new sculpt...

The head hasn't been sculpted yet. I want an amazing head sculpt for Urko. Something that will blow our gorilla boots off. I'm not sure when this will happen. I'm kind of dragging my feet in hopes that somebody else with put down the cash.

Have a great wknd. I'll check back in Sunday.

Last edited:
The head hasn't been sculpted yet. I want an amazing head sculpt for Urko. Something that will blow our gorilla boots off. I'm not sure when this will happen. I'm kind of dragging my feet in hopes that somebody else with put down the cash.

Have a great wknd. I'll check back in Sunday.

Can't help you there, Snick...still hoarding cash for my appliance pot...

Yes, you are definitely right there. Too bad I was so late in the game on this. Otherwise, I might have had a garrison as mighty as Stickman's.

enaud- I love the saying you're using... very cool indeed.

"Man is a nuisance............the sooner he is exterminated the better"

Thanks.Being one of my favorite movie quotes & it's origin...I figured why not.For some reason that line always sticks in my head when I'm out & about amongst the filthy humans:D

Enaud! Welcome back! You've been away in the Forbidden Zone for too long now...What have you brought back from your foray?

Enaud! Welcome back! You've been away in the Forbidden Zone for too long now...What have you brought back from your foray?

Hi Jess-I thought I'ld check out all of the cool ape creations that I've missed out on in my recent absence...as well as make an attempt to search through the older posts that where made way before my time.This thread is huge!It would be nice if POTA could get it's own catagory...it would make searching a little easier.

Enaud - What venture were you out on? What's does Jessica know that we do not?
umm...nothing major.We've just been hunting monkeys:D

Enaud - Let me know if you ever want any other apes like that...
I'm glad you mentioned it.I would like to get up with you sometime regarding some "grills"
One ape I'ld like it done to I haven't acquired as of yet.

Back