Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also taking a mini-break. Gave the kids a bath and I'll be getting down to the waistbands of the pants. I tried to embroider Virdon's vest, but I don't have the right tool and it's taking longer than I wanted...so instead i sewed together a miniature ironing ham just for making it easier for me to make pants. Took more time than I wanted though because I had to cut cotton fabric into strips and stuff them into the ham...and then force them inside with a pencil. I think I could have done a better job, but it will have to do for now.

The legs of Burke's pants are now sewn together...now I just have to sew the right half to the left half and then the waistbands and finally, add the snaps.

KFog41, did you find the peacoat you were looking for?

Aside from the Cotswold one, there was second version GI Joe Home for the Holidays figure released (Walmart exclusive?) that had a peacoat.

gijoepeacoat.jpg

There is a German Dragon figure that has a German peacoat that is pretty close. Georg, Kriegsmarine Warrant Officer WW2 (Dragon) that resembles David Duchovny. Check the various etailers for his loose jacket, which is pretty cheap.

BTW, you guys and girls are keeping this thread alive, and then some, I only read the last 20 pages, and probably need to read a few hundred pages more to catch up.

Seeing Jessica's work on the Burke and Virdon outfits was cool, since no POTA collection would be complete without the two tv POTA astronauts.

Since I may need a month to catch up, has anybody found suitable, passable headsculpts for them?

Also a few hundred pages ago, there was an excellent James Franciscus sculpt. Does anybody remember what page those sculpt pics were featured? Are there any painted finished product pics?

I was such a Brent fan that I watched every show Franciscus was in as a kid, including a tv series Doc Elliot, or something like that.

I'm also taking a mini-break. Gave the kids a bath and I'll be getting down to the waistbands of the pants. I tried to embroider Virdon's vest, but I don't have the right tool and it's taking longer than I wanted...so instead i sewed together a miniature ironing ham just for making it easier for me to make pants. Took more time than I wanted though because I had to cut cotton fabric into strips and stuff them into the ham...and then force them inside with a pencil. I think I could have done a better job, but it will have to do for now.

The legs of Burke's pants are now sewn together...now I just have to sew the right half to the left half and then the waistbands and finally, add the snaps.

Jess - I'm going to send you a little something extra for all your efforts on these POTA sewing projects.

I know it wasn't part of the original deal, but you have more than earned it in my eyes. I definitely understand that it is often difficult to predict how hard (or easy) any given project might be. They sometimes take up far more time than you had ever planned and I just I want you to know that what you're doing here is really appreciated.

Thanks for your many efforts, and for partaking in this thread. So many of us appreciate your support, and your comments, by meeting and filling so many of our monkey needs.

If there were a special award given out for the most pleasant, helpful, and trustworthy fan here, you’d be getting it! Thanks for all your help Jess. We all appreciate you!
:)

Hi actiontrooper! Welcome to this thread. Thanks for the heads up on the Pea coat. I like the cotswold pea coat and it will work fine for what I need it for.

Jess, don't think that your hard work and dedication is not being unnoticed. I have read everthing about the Burke and Virdon project and what you have been putting into them. I really appreciate what you are doing and besides payment of these items, I feel that I will owe you extra items in the future. Keep up the outstanding work! Thanks again, Kent.:peace

Jess - I'm going to send you a little something extra for all your efforts on these POTA sewing projects.

I know it wasn't part of the original deal, but you have more than earned it in my eyes. I definitely understand that it is often difficult to predict how hard (or easy) any given project might be. They sometimes take up far more time than you had ever planned and I just I want you to know that what you're doing here is really appreciated.

Thanks for your many efforts, and for partaking in this thread. So many of us appreciate your support, and your comments, by meeting and filling so many of our monkey needs.

If there were a special award given out for the most pleasant, helpful, and trustworthy fan here, you’d be getting it! Thanks for all your help Jess. We all appreciate you!
:)

Aw shucks, Angel. That makes me blush and feel so happy at the same time!! :eek: At least somebody appreciates me. I don't have any support from my family regarding this hobby which I totally love, so that makes it a whole heap better. :monkey2 They just don't get it. General Ursus was so damned right when he said that the only good human is a dead human...

I created a little tutorial of how I have created the belt loops for Burke's pants, and I will post it if anybody in the sewing circle would be interested.

PS: Thanks, too, Kfog...

:fireworks Welcome to the madness, Actiontrooper!! Welcome to the most wondrous mega thread that will never die.

Sorry if this photo is too big. I forgot to change the setting when I uploaded, but here is the top part of Burke's pants after I attached the belt loops. I just need to add the snaps and funky pocket, and this pair will be done:

burke009.jpg

Actiontrooper, Ada Chan is going to be sculpting the James Naughton. I have not seen it yet, but fresh from the apevine, somebody reported that she had e-mailed them stating that she was almost done with the sculpt. That was sometime last week. I can't wait to see it, too. I'm definitely going to purchase it.

Snickertown had commissioned a sculpt of Virdon, so you may want to ask him for photos.

Sorry if this photo is too big. I forgot to change the setting when I uploaded, but here is the top part of Burke's pants after I attached the belt loops. I just need to add the snaps and funky pocket, and this pair will be done:

burke009.jpg

Wow! Those exacting details look great, and hold up well… even under such magnification. Love that material/weave.

Last edited:
I would like to have a Mendez bust, but I am waiting to catch up on all the other stuff that I want done as follows.

Buy an Armondo sculpt and have it painted
Get a Burke sculpt and have it painted!
Buy a painted Brent sculpt and have it painted
Get the longer Heiroglyphs from snickertown for the Zaius boots (still waiting)
Get the Burke and Virdon clothes from Jessica (Take your time please)
Opened mouthed Apes such as Zaius, Cornelius, Caesar, and Zira.

I have set things back a bit because I just found out that my Mother has Colon/rectal cancer and needs to get to the cancer Dr. and get the proper diagnosis of how far that it has spread. My Mom has lost 27 pounds in five weeks and I am very worried. I lost my Dad 13 years ago to Mesothelioma (Asbestos cancer) and I need to concentrate on making sure that my Mother is around a while longer.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Sorry to hear the sad news about your mother Kent.

Unfortunately, the older you and I get, so do our parents. I understand. My mom is not getting around very well. I'll be going to see her very soon.

Take care of her best you can and I'll do the same. :peace

Back