Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering if it was going to be a "big hair" version. I think with a haircut he would look better, but I think its pretty good. Maybe a little generic. What do you think?

Well, first I was disappointed, but looking at it again, he's grown on me. It may look a little generic, but I think with a great paint job, he would look fine. Plus, the commission was free, so you can't argue with the bottom line.

Now I'll be bleeding $$ left and right. Want to purchase my own Hydrospan 400 instead of relying on other people...so I could shrink this to Mego size. I owe that to the people who helped vote from the Mego Community.

No one ever answered my other question, Angel's initial Armando sculpt was too big at first, is it already SS scale? Or do we have to ask her to make it that scale?

Ada Chan's sculpt was posted under 1:6 scale so I'm assuming it's the correct scale. Her photo doesn't show any rulers or measurements, though.

I like the mego Burke.

Guess I didn't grow up with any Megos, so I don't have a special affinity for them. I will have to check out my Mego Burke. Can't remember how he looks. I just remember that he had a blank look about his face...

Armando was commisioned to be 1:6, right? Angel is the only one that I know of that ordered a sculpt from her. Did the Brent need to be rescaled as well?

Well, first I was disappointed, but looking at it again, he's grown on me. It may look a little generic, but I think with a great paint job, he would look fine. Plus, the commission was free, so you can't argue with the bottom line.

JESS - I'm with you! It isn't her best work and the hair isn't great. Thank god it was a free sculpt.

HASSLEIN - That Brent you were admiring on ebay was commissioned by me. It didn't need to be resculpted. The size is perfect.

And, I believe you can get the Burke painted for $35 shipped. Who could argue with that? Besides, it's the best Burke out there...And she has this special where if you buy 3 heads you get the fourth free.

Ironman, did you get your Brent painted by Ada or unpainted?

I got him unpainted.
My first impression was - Bill Bixby.
Why? Because the Bixby original sculpt was too small, almost 1:8, and thats the impression that the Burke pix gave me. I hope not as I am really looking forward to putting Pete with my Virdon, but its the feeling I got.

Can you ruin a paint job on a head sculpt if you use it to make a mold? I am tempted to have her paint the Burke...why not if it's only $10 more...

Back