Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proto - I received your 4 apes heads you want done. I'll let you know when I'm done and I'm about to mail them back to you...

Thanks for sending them. :angelsmil

I'm glad they arrived to you safely. :D

I've PM'ed you regarding them there heads.

Thanks again for offering this service to your Ape Brethren.

I see that the Ada "free head" poll is still being posted on the main page of this forum. It is this the same poll where Mr. Naughton was the winner or is this another poll?

The medicom sculpts are the best. I would think they would lose too much detail if blown up to ss scale, though...

I don't particularly like the Zira medicom (I think it was the Escape Zira one)...unless there is another. She didn't look as hot as Cornelius does.

I don't particularly like the Zira medicom (I think it was the Escape Zira one)...unless there is another. She didn't look as hot as Cornelius does.

Yeah, I remember removing the helmet and being so disappointed. I bought the Japan release as well hoping maybe it was painted better, but no such luck. It was strange how some of the characters in the Japan import versions had deviations in paint quality from their "American" counterparts, and some didn't. Ceasar was glossy, and in the "American" version he is flat, which did look much better. But the Japan Zaius was painted less sloppily...

What I remember about the Medicom POTA line was that I paid $30 each for them imported (I got the WHOLE set that way) only to see them at my local comic book store and at Sun Coast year or so later at half the price. :horror

Some of the figures I even bought at clearance for $5 a pop. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

There sure was a heck of a lot of variation in the paint apps. I seem to remember going through a whole box of Zaiuses before I was satisfied.

There were two Ziras... one in her signature outfit and one as an Ape-O-Naut. The Ape-O-Naut one is really awful.

I think I remember that Zira in her signature outfit...and I didn't think that one was particularly nice looking either and I must agree that the Zira Ape-O-Naut had a woof factor all its own. I think Lucius is OK, though.

Last edited:
I think I remember that Zira in her signature outfit...and I didn't think that one was particularly nice looking either and I must agree that the Ape-O-Naut had a woof factor all its own. I think Lucius is OK, though.

Don't get me wrong, I was VERY happy with the Medicom POTA line... until the Sideshow line arrived. I still think the best Medicom Ape was Sideshow's worst... General Ursus. The Medicom Ursus is a thing of beauty.

The figure also didn't suffer the paint issues like the rest of them. In fact, it hardly had any paint at all. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I was VERY happy with the Medicom POTA line... until the Sideshow line arrived. I still think the best Medicom Ape was Sideshow's worst... General Ursus. The Medicom Ursus is a thing of beauty.

The figure also didn't suffer the paint issues like the rest of them. In fact, it hardly had any paint at all. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I would have preferred a little more blue in the figure. I'm still burning about the paintbox job that was done on the Beneath dvd transfer that made the gorilla leathers black instead of navy.

What I remember about the Medicom POTA line was that I paid $30 each for them imported (I got the WHOLE set that way) only to see them at my local comic book store and at Sun Coast year or so later at half the price. :horror

Some of the figures I even bought at clearance for $5 a pop. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

PZ - Oddly enough, the $30 price tag was what I remembered most of the Medicom figures too! You are not alone! I was so smart I bought 2 of each figure at $30 each. :monkey4 Not to twist the knife but you are leaving out the cost of shipping.

JESS - The pants look great. Tonight I molded the revamped Zaius boot glyph and Virdon's head.

That Mongol picture looked like it was right out of Beneath. At first I was looking for the gorilla saddlebags.

I think the Medicom Nova looks HOT. That sculpt is the closest to Linda Harrison I have ever encountered.

Angel, I am rewatching Planet of the Apes tonight on AMC... (AGAIN!) I'm insane, I know...Can't get enough apes...

Anyway, right after the trial, when Zira and Cornelius hold hands and walk away from the courtroom, they walk by a wall and on the back of the wall looks like some kind of sculpture that looks very African. I have never seen it before, but it's a very tall sculpt and it looks to be carved of wood. Check it out. Maybe you want to add it to your list.

Plus, I'm looking at the colors of Cornelius's and Zira's faces because of my upcoming paint job for Cornelius, and I'm also going to repaint my Zira since I'm not satisfied with my painting of her.

Last edited:
Back