Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that Jessica bought herself an exclusive Dr. Zaius from eBay. Bad girl.
Bad.:nono

Maybe it was too good to be true? I am ready to send payment, but the seller has not replied. I need to know where to send money order or check...but nothing yet.:monkey2

I'm getting ready for my heart to be broken...

Last edited:
Forgot to wish all of the dads in Central City a Happy Father's Day yesterday.... Hope you had a great day!!

I found out this weekend that a theater in my area (one that I used to work at in fact) will be have a week engagement of "Planet of the Apes" starting July 4th!!! They say that it is a new struck print (so it won't be the horrid print I saw the last time nearly 15 years ago)

I cannot wait!!! And my 8 year old son Alex is just dying to see this in the theater. Oddly enough, I was 8 years old myself when I first saw the it. He told me today that this is THE ONE summer release he is looking forward to the most. That's my boy. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Also on July 4th, the tickets for the Paul ("Virigil") Williams concert go on sale. The price per ticket ranges from $20-$30. Turns out I was looking at scalper prices when I last posted about this. I had thought they were already on sale and that $250- $350 was the price range. :horror :horror :horror

I found out this weekend that a theater in my area (one that I used to work at in fact) will be have a week engagement of "Planet of the Apes" starting July 4th!!! They say that it is a new struck print (so it won't be the horrid print I saw the last time nearly 15 years ago)

I cannot wait!!! And my 8 year old son Alex is just dying to see this in the theater. Oddly enough, I was 8 years old myself when I first saw the it. He told me today that this is THE ONE summer release he is looking forward to the most. That's my boy. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Also on July 4th, the tickets for the Paul ("Virigil") Williams concert go on sale. The price per ticket ranges from $20-$30. Turns out I was looking at scalper prices when I last posted about this. I had thought they were already on sale and that $250- $350 was the price range. :horror :horror :horror

Have you visited the Yahoo apes group, PZ? The recent showing in New Jersey was from a good quality print, I hear. I hope this archival quality print hits my home town. It's got to...and somebody better tell me ahead of time so I can make arrangements to see it!!

I added the waistbands and belt loops for Burke's pants last night. Now, only the snaps and probably finishing the inside flies so they don't unravel....and then off to Virdon's pants.

burke013.jpg

Check out my enlarged Medicom head for my Mego Cornelius. I need to paint it and also add hieroglyphs to his outfit...and probably sculpt new feet for him. The leather parts of his outfit was taken from my husband's eel skin belt. Shhhh...mum's the word...
burke022.jpg

Last edited:
This is from that new movie, Mongol. Has anybody seen it yet? Doesn't it look like gorillas on horseback? I know...I know...I see Planet of the Apes in many many things...

48994_bh.jpg

Have you visited the Yahoo apes group, PZ? The recent showing in New Jersey was from a good quality print, I hear. I hope this archival quality print hits my home town. It's got to...and somebody better tell me ahead of time so I can make arrangements to see it!!

Pack up the family and drive to LA for this Saturday's outdoor screening! :joy

Hasslein are you going to see the Saturday outdoor screening? I doubt my family would let me fly down just to see it, even if I brought all the boys. They just don't get the fascination.

Absolutely! I've never seen an outdoor screening in Westwood Village, I don't know where they would project it, I'm sure it'll be chaos, but it'll be fun.

Check out my enlarged Medicom head for my Mego Cornelius. I need to paint it and also add hieroglyphs to his outfit...and probably sculpt new feet for him. The leather parts of his outfit was taken from my husband's eel skin belt. Shhhh...mum's the word...
burke022.jpg

Wow! That's an awfully good sculpt! Can you get it enlarged again for the SS figures?

Back