Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fellow Freak,

Does anyone know how much a exclusive sideshow POA beared Taylor should be sold for ? I have been trying to get one and the last one I try to bid sold for $275 !! This is a figure that was originally selling for $ 50

Cheers

Fellow Freak,

Does anyone know how much a exclusive sideshow POA beared Taylor should be sold for ? I have been trying to get one and the last one I try to bid sold for $275 !! This is a figure that was originally selling for $ 50

Cheers

You need to search overseas. It seems nobody wants to part with theirs in the US...It looks like it's still under $200 USD...

https://cgi.ebay.fr/Sideshow-POTA-F...9911075QQihZ004QQcategoryZ16469QQcmdZViewItem

This particular one says: Taylor has over 30 points of articulation for full range of motion. He comes with a Astronaut backpack with removable gun and pick, as well as a 12 inch 'Planet of the Apes' figure stand.

Note: the original box is damage during the way of shipping. i use another one to replace it. if you don't need box, the shipping payment is 10.95USD.

This one from spain:
https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-EXCLU...NameZWD4VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em124

Jessica,

How about you act as my agent and I pay you a comission if you can find a beared taylor one for me for a good price ?:) I just cannot believe i HAVE TO FREAKING GO TO Spain to get a toy. Maybe someone on this board is willing to part with theirs

As Godfather said, "I'll make you an offer you cannot refuse"

Cheers

YMBA, I have learned that the longer you wait, the more you pay. There are two available under $200...one is in France, and the other in Spain. Kinda sucks, doesn't it?

Maybe somebody on this board is willing to part with theirs. I prefer my monkeys to men, so I won't be able to help you there. I can't speak for others in Central City...but I have heard others comment that if they owned a bearded Forbidden Zone Taylor to guard it with their life.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm just going to stay by the sidelines and see where the bananas land on this one, Hasslein.

YMBA--The last time I went gorilla hunting, I was able to snag two from Oz a few days ago. I hear they are in transit.

Last edited:
Nothing is worth the $$$$$ I see they want for that freaking figure . I agreed the figure does not even look that good. maybe I can find someone on the board to make me a beared taylor. Who the heck is IRON man on the board ?

Nothing is worth the $$$$$ I see they want for that freaking figure . I agreed the figure does not even look that good. maybe I can find someone on the board to make me a beared taylor. Who the heck is IRON man on the board ?

Ironman is just the guy that started this whole thread!

Hot off the apevine....

If Burke sells well, Ada is considering making more sculpts from the Planet of the APes TV series.

Wow--that Taylor you pointed out Hasslein is commanding mega bucks...and there's still a lot of time before bidding ends...

Hot off the apevine....

If Burke sells well, Ada is considering making more sculpts from the Planet of the APes TV series.

That's great news.

JESS - BTW, I was at a show a couple weeks ago and the people who are putting out the retro MEGO Apes were there. I asked them if they would make POTA figures that weren't made before and they said "yes" but not Taylor. They said since Heston is dead it would probably be too hard and expensive to use his likeness.

That's great news.

JESS - BTW, I was at a show a couple weeks ago and the people who are putting out the retro MEGO Apes were there. I asked them if they would make POTA figures that weren't made before and they said "yes" but not Taylor. They said since Heston is dead it would probably be too hard and expensive to use his likeness.

That is great! There weren't that many beautiful Mego Apes. I think the paint jobs (eyebrows and lipstick) for Zira and Cornelius are so wrong.

I don't know what they were thinking with the General Urko...the blackfaced guy. That's one ugly ape!

The Dr. Zaius Mego is a pretty good sculpt if you ever see it up close...it's just that dang flaming carrot-top hair that makes it so hideous....

You know something? I was actually very disappointed when my FZ Taylor arrived at my home more than a year ago. It was the bearded Taylor alright, but it didn't quite look the same as the Sideshow pictures if you look at their website. They seemed slightly different somehow. Resculpted perhaps? The sleeves were too short exposing his ugly joints and there was no "dirt" on him as seen in the Sideshow pictures at their website. I actually prefer the regular Taylor with a homemade "apoxie beard" more than the exclusive FZ Taylor.

I agree. And for that kind of money, I'm tempted to sell my second one. I didn't know it was selling that high. It would make more sense to assemble one.

That is great! There weren't that many beautiful Mego Apes. I think the paint jobs (eyebrows and lipstick) for Zira and Cornelius are so wrong.

I don't know what they were thinking with the General Urko...the blackfaced guy. That's one ugly ape!

The Dr. Zaius Mego is a pretty good sculpt if you ever see it up close...it's just that dang flaming carrot-top hair that makes it so hideous....

The black faced General Urko was horrendous. He even has red lips. It's so weird. Speaking of odd, I just picked up the MEGO POTA Throne. I luv the artwork.

Have a great wknd! I'll check back in on Tuesday.

The black faced General Urko was horrendous. He even has red lips. It's so weird. Speaking of odd, I just picked up the MEGO POTA Throne. I luv the artwork.

Have a great wknd! I'll check back in on Tuesday.

Stay safe and have a great weekend.

Back