Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We keep saying that every year...maybe next year will be the year for AC...

Do you think 87 is uncomfortable? It could be worse...it could be 90. At least we don't have humidity here.

I'm wanting to see Jessica do more than just sew... she has many other wonderful talents too!

Aww, thanks, Angel. I'm going to try to paint my Mego Cornelius this weekend. I haven't painted since forever, so it's going to be tough. :monkey2 I want him to look fantastic when done.

I don't like my Mego Zira anymore. I'm going to add hair to another one to get a shape I like better. The front view doesn't look as great as the profile.

Yes Jess... It is the Che Chimp

That's how the guy advertised it, medicom Caesar. I think it sold for something like $250 buy it now. I've seen photos of the Che, but didn't see the packaging... I never saw the beret, because of the quality of the photo until now....

Jess is always the one finding rare and never before seen photos... well, I found this one on Ebay.

6be21ds3.jpg

The did do a limited 12" Caesar. I saw it on ebay a few years back.

I've come VERY close over the years of pickijng this monkey up... I just never seem to have enough money. Or I find something more worthwhile to buy.

But the figure does make me think... "what if?"

Okay... show of hands... how many of you Ape fans ever owned this:

f9f61wt9.jpg

I know I did... I think at one time or another I've had EVERY POTA version that was ever set to video.

Never has Dr. Honorius figured so prominently in ANY POTA merchandise. I'm sure the poor bastards thought they had a Zaius pic on their hands.

And thanks to the good people on this thread (I think it was you, Jess) I finally have the source pic.

apes3ha9.jpg

It's also funny to note they have an arm that is cut and paste next to Zira and slung over the side of the circle... obviously it doesn't bleong to her. :lol

Last edited:
BTW, I was at a show a couple weeks ago and the people who are putting out the retro MEGO Apes were there. I asked them if they would make POTA figures that weren't made before and they said "yes" but not Taylor. They said since Heston is dead it would probably be too hard and expensive to use his likeness.

Gee... I wonder which figures they would do? A mutant? Aldo? Caesar? Makes you wonder. I guess that's IF the first few waves are successful.

Not that I'm considering getting in Megos again. But if they made the right new figures, I just might be coaxed back into the Mego world. Maybe.... :rolleyes:

Speaking of versions of POTA, I even had this one:

7eb71ff3.jpg

Ahhhh, Super 8... those were the days! :lol :rotfl :lol

I don't like my Mego Zira anymore. I'm going to add hair to another one to get a shape I like better. The front view doesn't look as great as the profile.

Ha ha ha - :lol

You're as bad as me Jess... always tweaking things and making changes in an attempt to make them even better!

I was looking at the Lawgiver pedestal this morning and thought, "That pedestal looks a little too wide and it should have a narrower width.”

Moments later, I kept thinking about this problem, and that simple thought just wouldn't get outta my head! (GET OUTTA MY HEAD!)

You can see, based on the pictures, that I removed a strip from the center of the pedestal and it'll be narrower now!

Last edited:
That table will look killer when done, Angel. I didn't even think it needed tweaking.

PZ, Thinking back to my childhood, I never had anything POTA related, except for a coloring book and a puzzle. But I was always glued to the TV when they had the after school specials of Planet of the Apes...or whenever the TV series was on.

I don't know what to do today...whether to paint or finish the Virdon outfits...

If I have to paint I have to remove my contacts and I'm feeling lazy to do that since I hate to wear glasses. Maybe I'll sew for a little bit.

Mosquitos? In Cali? I've heard they're here, but I've never seen one. Now the midwest, three coats of Off and you're still dinner....

Back