Hot Toys - Joker - 1/6th scale The Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get the urge to cancel based on the sequel. I mean, I ordered HT Joker because I liked the character in the original film (which is what the figure is based upon). Even if the sequel is as bad as many are saying (I have yet to see it myself), that doesn't diminish the original. It's like canceling your Indiana Jones Lost Ark figure because you hated Temple of Doom. I mean, to each their own, but it makes no sense to me.

I don't get the urge to cancel based on the sequel. I mean, I ordered HT Joker because I liked the character in the original film (which is what the figure is based upon). Even if the sequel is as bad as many are saying (I have yet to see it myself), that doesn't diminish the original. It's like canceling your Indiana Jones Lost Ark figure because you hated Temple of Doom. I mean, to each their own, but it makes no sense to me.

There’s a difference though, this isn’t Joker. It’s Arthur Fleck.

You’re a real one for this. They refunded my NRD and cancelled him. I don’t know that the sequel was so bad it soured me on the character/changed my mind so much as reaffirmed that my previous attachment to this version of the character was tenuous at best and that my Artisan PO was fueled more by FOMO than a genuine love for Phoenix’s Joker.

It's likely you're just experiencing FUD. If you wanted the figure initially, chances are you still want it. A bad movie or others canceling their orders shouldn’t change your decision.

If the figure turns out great, you might feel FOMO later and regret not sticking with your original choice.

Orders dwindling... InArt will only make what they have in orders, maybe a few more as back-ups.

There was also talk of the WB Embargo being lifted and InArt doing something more affordable than $1,000+... but I imagine InArt doesn't want any further work being done on Fleck, and WB has probably waved their hand at taking anymore time with this license.

It's done.

Be part of the movement that says "No, I won't let you rape me, and then buy your toys."

I just think it’s a little premature to cancel. If the sequel is this bad, it’ll be burped out and forgotten by the cultural zeitgeist so fast that people will be surprised to find out that Folie a Deux even exists in 2-3 years time. Hell, I think most people forgot Aquaman had 3 films, or even in this thread that Wonder Woman 84 exists. Did you know there was a Birds of Prey movie?

But the first film will still be talked about for a long time.

You’re a real one for this. They refunded my NRD and cancelled him. I don’t know that the sequel was so bad it soured me on the character/changed my mind so much as reaffirmed that my previous attachment to this version of the character was tenuous at best and that my Artisan PO was fueled more by FOMO than a genuine love for Phoenix’s Joker.

I gotchu! is such a pain in the ass trying to get in contact with them via email nowadays unless you have their direct email.

Back