Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Protozaius said:
The newer ape head looks great... I just wish it was a chimp of the "John Chambers" variety. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Still, it will be fun to see how this chimp sculpt develops. :D
I'm not convinced it won't be. I need more hair added before I pass full judgement. Either way it will be great if we are able to get a new head!! :monkey5

Ironman1188 said:
I'm not convinced it won't be. I need more hair added before I pass full judgement. Either way it will be great if we are able to get a new head!! :monkey5

Well, I am. That top part of the muzzle is too big and nose too small to be a Chambers chimp. And that lower jaw is too small and the lower lip too pronounced as well. Just my two cents. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Perhaps to might be an Ape from Burton's remake? :confused:

Still I'm intrigued... I love Apes... regardless if they're from my favorite film. :D

Protozaius said:
Well, I am. That top part of the muzzle is too big and nose too small to be a Chambers chimp. And that lower jaw is too small and the lower lip too pronounced as well. Just my two cents. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Perhaps to might be an Ape from Burton's remake? :confused:

Still I'm intrigued... I love Apes... regardless if they're from my favorite film. :D

Perhaps, but it is a work in progress. The brow, to me, is much closer to Chambers' Apes than Burton's. I will try and get more info.

Hey All,
I see on the Amazon site that FOX is rereleasing the POTA TV series in October. I don't know what, if any, changes may happen, or even if they are on Blu-Ray DVD's or not, but, I wonder if this would be a good time to flood Sideshow with a request for a POTA TV series figure release? Any thoughts?

YES!!!!!
Sideshow you must time this to coincide with the DVD release for truly apeophobic experience!!!
Burke, Virdon and Galen must be made!!!!!
:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Dr_Zaius said:
Hey All,
I see on the Amazon site that FOX is rereleasing the POTA TV series in October. I don't know what, if any, changes may happen, or even if they are on Blu-Ray DVD's or not, but, I wonder if this would be a good time to flood Sideshow with a request for a POTA TV series figure release? Any thoughts?

I wonder if THESE DVD sets will have those "TV Spots" that were suppose to be included in the "Ape Head" set.

My wallet hopes they don't. I don't need another copy! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I just got this DVD thru the yahoo POTA group. It contains:

Bumpers & Promos
Sci Fi Channel Apes Week bumpers (intros) by Roddy McDowall
Sci Fi Channel TV Series bumpers by Roddy McDowall
AMC TV 30th Anniversary Apes bumpers with McDowall, Heston, and
Kim Hunter
The "Old Galen" bumpers for the TV Series movies
Some promo spots from the Space channel
Retrospectives
That's Hollywood, narrated by Tom Bosley
Movie Magic
TV Ontario's Going Ape
Extra segment
Rule the Planet excerpt that covers the originals
A brief Space special excerpt
Actors
"Biography: Roddy McDowall" excerpt
"Biography: Charlton Heston" excerpt
Charlton Heston on "Later" with Greg Kinnear
Spoofs
Charlton Heston on SNL
Serta commercial
MEGO Commercials
All six of them in better quality than I've ever seen them

I'm not sure exactly how to load and copy DVD's yet, but I'd be willing to try. The quality on some is fair at best, others better than I've seen elsewhere. Either way, a LOT of memories!! :monkey5

Wow that DVD sounds AMAZING... especially those "old Galen" clips. I've wanted a copy of those for years!!!

If there is anyway that you could copy that DVD, this is one monkey that would be VERY interested! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I've watched some of the old POTA Mego commericals on Youtube... that brought back some GREAT memories! :lol :rotfl :lol

And I still haven't seen the Heston spoof on SNL yet. I just keep on missing it. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Sure. Like I said, I haven't got the whole copying a DVD down pat yet, but I don't think it should be too much more difficult than doing a CD. If you send me a DVD I'd be happy to give it a shot!!

Oh Please Sideshow, revisit the Apes,
I will promise to buy each and every figure. Hey that's more than I can say for the Star Wars license, just too many figures and possibilities. Please give us Ape fans more figures, especially from the Television series.

P.S.

General, do you mind if this gorilla jumps on board with that DVD offer? If you’re o.k. with it, would you mind PMing me with your address again? I will get it sent out to you ASAP.

Hey Ape fans, I have two of these heads and am looking to sell one of them, is anyone interested? I painted it myself, sorry. I bought it for $12. unpainted, maybe for $10? I will trade for POTA accessories too. Just PM me and let me know. Thanks

planetoftheapes025.jpg
planetoftheapes027.jpg

Great news ape fans! Beneath the Planet of the Apes – Taylor - Sideshow Exclusive has sold out, and General Ursus regular edition looks to be back ordered both in US and EU. Is it safe to say that he's gone too? :monkey1

More Apes Please!

stickman said:
Great news ape fans! Beneath the Planet of the Apes – Taylor - Sideshow Exclusive has sold out, and General Ursus regular edition looks to be back ordered both in US and EU. Is it safe to say that he's gone too? :monkey1

More Apes Please!

Wonderful news!!! But, I have a question. The edition size is 400. Wasn't 500 or am I mistaken?

Ironman1188 said:
Sure. Like I said, I haven't got the whole copying a DVD down pat yet, but I don't think it should be too much more difficult than doing a CD. If you send me a DVD I'd be happy to give it a shot!!

Could you PM me your address... I don't seem to have it. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Dr_Zaius said:
Wonderful news!!! But, I have a question. The edition size is 400. Wasn't 500 or am I mistaken?

The edition size was always 400. He is the most rare of all the Ape figures. The only set back was that this was the fourth Taylor sculpt SS put out, and Ape fans were a little wearisome by then. I eventually bought three of this figure, and opened one, which I soiled with SFX blood. SS tweaked the head sculpt minutely, I think by adding a little length to the curved tail on the back of his head, and mixing the colors slightly on his hair tone. I found the clothing to be very durable and stronger than some of SS's other character's clothing, i.e. Brotherhood of Arms clothes. Some other cool features of this figure was the proper scale sized feet, and the soiled looking skin tone. Thanks SS for a great figure, maybe the lack of clothing (SS kept true to his costume,) and the two accessories weren’t enough to entice other collectors to get this figure. I’m sure glad I did. :D

planetoftheapes002.jpg

MORE Apes Please!

Last edited:
Speaking of "soiling with blood", the rarest item in the Sideshow POTA line is the Vision Lawgiver. Although not a figure per se, he was a SDCC exclusive limited to only 100.:D

I should know... I have #100!!! :chew :chew :chew

:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 THE LAST BLOODY LAWGIVER!:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
Wow, only 100 huh? How many Lawgivers do you have PZ? I remeber you saying you have at least two regular, and your brother has two? Between the two of you how many Lawgivers, and their breakdown? Thats a lot of Lawgiven action! Do you keep them in their boxes or out on display? Is the blood on the Lawgiver sticky or tacky to the touch? Just wondering. What would be a good price to pay, if I ever see one on evilbay?

I have 2 of the regular Lawgivers. I hope to one day "bloody" one of them for the story, but so far...... I just can't bring myself to do it. :monkey2

stickman said:
Wow, only 100 huh? How many Lawgivers do you have PZ? I remeber you saying you have at least two regular, and your brother has two? Between the two of you how many Lawgivers, and their breakdown? Thats a lot of Lawgiven action! Do you keep them in their boxes or out on display? Is the blood on the Lawgiver sticky or tacky to the touch? Just wondering. What would be a good price to pay, if I ever see one on evilbay?

I have three Lawgivers and my Ape Collecting friend (not my brother) has the 2 different versions as well.

I have the regular version, the SDCC "Vision" version and a RARE pre-production solid resin prototype version (this guy is HEAVY!!!).

I have only two on display: the regular and the proto. The "bloody" aspect of the Vision version is a little too much for my kids right now. Maybe I will unbox him in a year or two.

The blood is not sticky or tacky... the color red used is so vibrant (to match the color in the film) that it actually looks tacky, but it isn't.

I haven't been following the prices of the Vision version on Ebay, but I found this one on Ebay. The "Buy-It-Now" price is VERY close to the original price for the piece.

https://cgi.ebay.com/POTA-Lawgiver-...ryZ16469QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know... personally, I think this auction is a steal, actually given how low the edition size is. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Today is this thread's 1st Anniversary!!! :fest

With over 800 replies... that averages to be about two posts a day!

Surely, that's worth a few Dancin' Chewies and some fireworks!

:chew:chew:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks:chew:chew

Last edited:
Back