Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other grew on me! I liked that one better!! How do you fix the hair? This will need some serious dremel!!

The other grew on me! I liked that one better!! How do you fix the hair? This will need some serious dremel!!

The dremel is the way to fix the hair. My sculptor owes me a favor or two. I was going to take it to him and have him resculpt it. I could always make a mold of it if you're happy with the results.

Jess, cool down girl! :whip:peace:cool:Actually, I like both sculpts. But, why do away with the first one? I thought that one looked like Burke also. Does anyone know why she would destroy it? I think that once the available one is painted that it will look like Burke should. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it. IM, thanks for the belated birthday wishes. Kent.

It would be horrible if the first one were destroyed. Yes, they both look like him but I got used to the other one in my mind. I'm not ready for changes!

OK guys. I just felt bad that the Burke head was not selling. I bit the dust and bought one painted, one unpainted. I also bought a shorthaired catwoman so I could snag a fourth head for free. Who knows what I'm going to do with all of these heads. They are just lined up on top of my bureau.

Word on the apevine says that Ada is disappointed with the sales of the Burke head and does not plan to do any more heads from the TV show.

How was your b-day yesterday, Kfog? What did you get yourself for a present?

Hi Jess! Yes, I just had lunch with my girlfriend at In-n-out burger and other than that "nothing". I did receive a B-day card from my sister that had lint in it. One of the "wish I could have given you cash" cards (Har, Har, right). Anyway, I am actually going to celebrate my birthday this Sunday at my Mothers house. I am a twin, so I will be celebrating both our birthdays with our Familys there. Kids, kids, and more kids. You all know how it goes. There had better be plenty of cake and chocolate ice cream is all I can say. Thanks for asking, Kent.:banana

Just got a reply back from Ada Chan. The first Burke sculpt is not available. No explanations why. I hope she feels better I bought two of the new one...

Wow! Proto - those are amazing photos! Once you get that painted Lawgiver head back, you'll have to post some outdoor pictures of him as well!

I like those!

Thanks... but I miss Adam's pictures. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

As soon as I get the Lawgiver head back, he is going before the cameras... as well as my other two Zaius heads :D

JESS - That is correct. Are you thinking of making one? If so put me on the list and I'll send you some dough. Also, sending all of the clothes at once works for me.

PZ/ANG - The photos look great. I can't over how well the opened mouth figures look. It looks like they came from the factory that way.

Remember you were going to send me the backpack? I can just whip you up one Dr. Zaius undershirt in exchange for that. I'll even include sleeves. No biggie.

Ironman - I bought a couple last week, and Jess bought a couple too. Then I found out that enaud bought some just before us. Not a great deal, but a good one, considering that gorillas are starting to cost soooo much. In fact, all the apes fetching $32 plus lately on ebay.

Yeah, what's up with that? I remember you could get a Cornelius or Zaius for $20 easy. :(

Although that recent Exclusive Zaius auction would have been great to win. :rolleyes:

I don't know whether this recent price hike is a good thing or a bad thing. Perhaps Sideshow might just see this and re-activate the line. :D

It does however prevent me from adding to my current collection. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Did you pay for the Burke sculpts yet, Jess? Is there a way to get your money back.

A case could be made for the ole "bait and switch" scenerio.

I just paid for the Burke sculpts today, after she already switched out the sculpts. I ordered from her website. It doesn't matter. I am just purchasing Burke because she did offer to sculpt him for free. He sucks and blows, but what to do...

Back